Cruises?

Lissa

Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anybody on here been on cruises? I am going on my second one in March 2012, already booked!! I enjoyed the last cruise but nighttimes was full of music and dancing, not something that interests me at all, any suggestion of what I could do instead?
What's your favourite things about cruises? Mine is just relaxing at sea!!

I'd love to go but we don't seem to get them, or I can't find them :-(

Has anybody on here been on cruises? I am going on my second one in March 2012, already booked!! I enjoyed the last cruise but nighttimes was full of music and dancing, not something that interests me at all, any suggestion of what I could do instead?
What's your favourite things about cruises? Mine is just relaxing at sea!!

I enjoy cruises that are going to interesting places. The cruise itself for me is not the allure; it's where they are going. What I do at night: sleep!! (Boring, I know.:lol:)

I've been on two major cruises: honeymoon cruise to the Greek islands and a couple ports in Turkey, and a South American cruise down the western coast of So. America, down to the glaciers. Both were beautiful.

I would not care for the "cruise to nowhere" sort of thing, where the main point is just eating, drinking and relaxing. I'd rather go someplace interesting.

I don't find cruises interesting, oh maybe I will change my mind when I have a family, or retire.

I don't find cruises interesting, oh maybe I will change my mind when I have a family, or retire.

I didn't think I would like them until we actually did it. It's all about the destinations - and not having to pack and unpack and worry about connections from one place to the next.

Deaf cruises are very popular here. Maybe one day I'll go on one.

Have fun!:wave:

I personally LOVE cruising! Haven't been for 5 years as my Meniere's kept getting in the way, not to mention finances. It can be expensive - but I put a little away each month.

I've got a Disney cruise planned in April '12. I have a request in for them to have ASL interpreters for the shows. They generally have this on "various" cruises, but one can request it. Since they hadn't even done up a list for the 2012 cruises, I'm hoping!

BTW, a friend sent me a link about Deaf cruises...actually Deaf vacations:
http://www.greatdeafvacations.com/index.htm

Have you researched what is offered on that cruise?

Some people like to just sit in the sun on the boat while others like to take advantage of all the activities offered.

I've been in touch with them and they have events onboard and: free stuff/event that we offer to our clients: surprise gift, group dining seating with interpreters, vip show seating, private party, private contest, meet-n-greet, and more.

Not a bad deal at all as the price is the same as on the Disney site - and actually can be a good deal as they most likely book a group of rooms at the opening day rate. Disney cruises, especially with the two new ships, have a history of going up substantially.

I'm considering looking into one of their cruises in 2013. I like Disney cruises anyway - so I feel good about that. It would be fun to go with a group!

Hey everyone, I am going to Caribbean island cruise in June 2012 and Europe 2013. I never went cruise before. So I can't wait look forward to see it. anyone have any suggest?

I used to work aboard a cruise ship in southeast Alaska so I was literally "cruising" every day and night. It all depends on the ship you are taking. If you are on those megaships, you will find plenty of things to do, especially if they are all about entertainment.

It sounds like that you are not interested in that so you can always talk to the shore excursion director and ask for suggestions about books or dvds w subtitles on the places you will go ashore to learn more about the area. Odds are they won't have anything but eventually they will pick up on this idea. On our ship, we naturally had plenty of books and dvds about whales, eagles, glaciers, kayaking, blah blah blah but it was a good way to pass those "quiet" nights.

Hi,

I went to the Cruises many times. It was great. I was wonder if any of you who went to the River Cruises before? (I never been in River cruises before...)

I've got a Disney cruise planned in April '12. I have a request in for them to have ASL interpreters for the shows. They generally have this on "various" cruises, but one can request it. Since they hadn't even done up a list for the 2012 cruises, I'm hoping!

I've been on 2 Disney cruises and both times they had interpreters for the shows.
I'm going on the Disney Magic August 19th and I'd be surprised if they didn't have interpreters.

I'm a Disney freak!

I've been on 2 Disney cruises and both times they had interpreters for the shows.
I'm going on the Disney Magic August 19th and I'd be surprised if they didn't have interpreters.

I'm a Disney freak!

two times? when was that?

I went on a cruise about 5 years ago on the Carnival Celebration to the bahamas and key west for a 7 day trip.

I thought it was awesome although if I had some more money I would've gone on Royal Carribean. Not that I'm complaining but the Carnvial ship I was on was old and felt a little cheap. But the ship was well maintained and kept real clean and the swimming pools and gym was pretty nice.

Some people don't care for how you're limited in your options on a cruise but as for me I love how you have no responsibility and no obligations. The problem with setting up your own trip is you have to plan flights, reserve hotels, and research on what to do at your destination. At a cruise you don't worry about any of that all you gotta do is pay the ticket and bring your clothes.

Even when the ship arrives at ports there are already programs setup and you can just ask for whatever you want. When I was at the bahamas they gave me a menu of activities such as snorkeling, kayaking, surfing, etc.... and I'd just tell them what I want and they take care of the rest.

You don't even have to worry about food I'd get pizza and white russians at 3 in the morning it was awesome. Sleeping was beautiful because of the gentle rocking motion of the ship.

But definitely the highest mark of a cruise is lack of responsibility. If you don't like planning or worrying about how to make your vacation fun go for a cruise!

Ahhhhh...my boys are getting real big...and a cruise is just what I would love to take!...A Sea Cruise...am hoping it won't be too much longer.

Oh sorry I didn't see this question!
For Easter 2007 and 2011 last summer. We were supposed to go this summer, but had to cancel it.

Thats OK. at this time you were in italy or nyc? lucky you that i have not been on disney cruise yet!! my hub would like to give it a try with disney cruise. I amnot sure.

Back