May be trying Siemens Nitros soon

LoveBlue

Reaction score
Voc Rehab sent me for a new hearing test today. Luckily my audiologist is on their "preferred list", so that's who I got to see. I've lost a bit more in the dbs and speech, which isn't a surprise.

She wants me to try the Siemens Nitros power aids. She says she's had patients who have had good results with them. If they don't work out for me (I'll have 45 days to try them out) then we'll try the newer Naidas.

Hope they improve my speech discrimination considering how much trouble I'm having with phone interviews.

I wear Siemens Nitro 301 SP in both ears since December 2014, I can hear and understand a lot with them.

Good Luck LoveBlue. I'll be interested to know, how you get on with them. :)

Can we get an update on this?

Still waiting to hear from voc rehab. My contact hasn't even answered my "where do things stand" email. I don't even know yet if voc rehab will "take me on" as there is a waiting list and my issues may not be as bad as others so I may have to be put on the waiting list. I think they can take up to 60 days to make a decision. That won't be till end of May or early June.

I just went to audi today and set an order for those hearing aids too. I'll have to wait til next week to pick them up and see how they work.

I just went to audi today and set an order for those hearing aids too. I'll have to wait til next week to pick them up and see how they work.

Let me know how they sound. My audi seems to think they may have a better quality of sound than the Phonak Naidas (I'm currently wearing the core Naidas).

Will do, but you gotta take into account my current hearing aids are over 10 years old so I'm sure I'll be blown away at how much better the sound is :-D

I got the new Siemens Nitro today and have worn them for about three hours so far.

Compared to the previous hearing aids the volume is similar but the quality is quite different. I'm able to hear the subtle nuances of sound. Before every sound was pretty much one note but now I'm able to distinguish subtle differences. It's like instead of seeing everything as just black and white now I'm able to see shades of gray.

I like them so far but I'm a little disappointed in the volume. I thought that in the 10 years since I bought hearing aids the volume would be stronger. But it's barely stronger and they are maxed out as well.

Overall the quality of the sound is improved but the volume isn't that much of a dramatic difference. You won't be making phone calls with this anytime soon.

I got the new Siemens Nitro today and have worn them for about three hours so far.

Compared to the previous hearing aids the volume is similar but the quality is quite different. I'm able to hear the subtle nuances of sound. Before every sound was pretty much one note but now I'm able to distinguish subtle differences. It's like instead of seeing everything as just black and white now I'm able to see shades of gray.

I like them so far but I'm a little disappointed in the volume. I thought that in the 10 years since I bought hearing aids the volume would be stronger. But it's barely stronger and they are maxed out as well.

Overall the quality of the sound is improved but the volume isn't that much of a dramatic difference. You won't be making phone calls with this anytime soon.

Thanks for the early review. It is my understanding (though it could be wrong) that HAs can only provide so much volume ("legally", not physically). Perhaps you're now a candidate for a CI??

I think I'm going to be close to maxing out the volume soon.

Thanks for the early review. It is my understanding (though it could be wrong) that HAs can only provide so much volume ("legally", not physically). Perhaps you're now a candidate for a CI??

I think I'm going to be close to maxing out the volume soon.

When I saw you had posted in this thread I thought it was going to be a report that the ones you are going to try had come in!

I don't have Seimens (never did.. Oticon guy here for the most part except for the departure to Phonak and Widex for a while lol)...but the same is true for these..the volume has never really dramatically improved. Possible for the reason LoveBlue cited... maybe legal stuff.. or it's just not possible.

I've pretty much maxed out every pair of hearing aids I've had.. including these that are about a year old now. I'm always complaining not enough volume but with these seems some of the tweaks really amplifies and distorts sound/voices in some rooms in the house (oh I can't wait til our family vacation in a huge house..</sarcasm>). I can still hear pretty well on Skype (amazingly- interview today) but put me on a landline or my cell phone... no bueno though with cell it depends on who is on the other end.

Don't think I am a candidate for a CI, my speech discrim. scores suck but not bad enough to qualify. dB levels would lol.

I don't know why they don't have more powerful hearing aids but a theory is that it's just not economically feasible for the hearing aid manufacturers. Especially with cochlear implants why bother making a hearing aid that powerful if you can just get surgery and get it over with?

I don't have Seimens (never did.. Oticon guy here for the most part except for the departure to Phonak and Widex for a while lol)...but the same is true for these..the volume has never really dramatically improved. Possible for the reason LoveBlue cited... maybe legal stuff.. or it's just not possible.

I've pretty much maxed out every pair of hearing aids I've had.. including these that are about a year old now. I'm always complaining not enough volume but with these seems some of the tweaks really amplifies and distorts sound/voices in some rooms in the house (oh I can't wait til our family vacation in a huge house..</sarcasm>). I can still hear pretty well on Skype (amazingly- interview today) but put me on a landline or my cell phone... no bueno though with cell it depends on who is on the other end.

Don't think I am a candidate for a CI
, my speech discrim. scores suck but not bad enough to qualify. dB levels would lol.

What is keeping you from finding out for sure? You might be surprised!

What is keeping you from finding out for sure? You might be surprised!

Perhaps he knows what his speech recognition scores are and knows what they have to be to qualify for insurance to pay. I MAY qualify per the CI companies, but I don't seem to be qualified per insurance. Since it would cost money to get a CI evaluation, he (and I) may not have the $$.

Back