How is your weather today part II

As of now, it's 66° and cloudy. Thinking about moving into So. Calif? No one can stop you.

Nope, no desire to move to CA.

What snowstorm? No trace of snow whatsoever. Blue skies and a mild day. Hpmh.

The calm before the storm:

Posted 19 minutes ago
High Impact winter storm to impact the region tonight through Sunday.

Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 9 pm CST /10 pm est/ this evening to 9 pm CST /10 pm est/ Sunday.

Timing: accumulating snow will begin this evening. Precipitation may start as rain or rain snow mix. Particularly the farther south you go from Interstate 80.
Snow accumulations: widespread amounts of 6 to 12 inches are expected by Sunday evening, with a chance of isolated heavier amounts in excess of 12 inches, especially near Lake Michigan.
Main impact: snow covered roads will make travel difficult. Significant disruptions to air travel are also likely.
Other impacts: strong northeast winds with gusts potentially in excess of 35 mph will develop Sunday afternoon and continue into Sunday evening, and this may produce significant blowing and drifting snow with white out conditions in open areas.

The calm before the storm:

Posted 19 minutes ago
High Impact winter storm to impact the region tonight through Sunday.

Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 9 pm CST /10 pm est/ this evening to 9 pm CST /10 pm est/ Sunday.

Timing: accumulating snow will begin this evening. Precipitation may start as rain or rain snow mix. Particularly the farther south you go from Interstate 80.
Snow accumulations: widespread amounts of 6 to 12 inches are expected by Sunday evening, with a chance of isolated heavier amounts in excess of 12 inches, especially near Lake Michigan.
Main impact: snow covered roads will make travel difficult. Significant disruptions to air travel are also likely.
Other impacts: strong northeast winds with gusts potentially in excess of 35 mph will develop Sunday afternoon and continue into Sunday evening, and this may produce significant blowing and drifting snow with white out conditions in open areas.

Hmm. It has been a while since I seen one this big. I must have forgotten what THAT was like. Guess I'll find out soon enough. It's a good thing I got my bicycle tubes filled when I did.

We are under a winter storm warning until 9 tomorrow evening.

We have sun, wind blowing hard, 20 degrees and our power is out. Got the generator powered up so it's warm and cozy and we're online!

I am at about the same latitude as St. Louis but a ways east into Illinois. We are supposed to get rain into Sunday night when it may change to a mix and/or snow. What TV had this morning has the snow line fairly close so it could still change.

Looks like we'll get mostly rain, but things could change and we'll get the snow (Sun night into Monday)

We have sun, wind blowing hard, 20 degrees and our power is out. Got the generator powered up so it's warm and cozy and we're online!

Is yours a whole house generator tied into your house power box, standing at the ready?

We are under a winter storm warning until 9 tomorrow evening.

Botts, at another site I frequent, a guy from Iowa said they haven't had snow since December 1st and need it badly and says that now they will be getting their wish this weekend to the tune of 8-10 inches......

Botts, at another site I frequent, a guy from Iowa said they haven't had snow since December 1st and need it badly and says that now they will be getting their wish this weekend to the tune of 8-10 inches......

We had a little this month, but negligible. And yes this weekend does seem like we will make up for the relatively mild winter.

Is yours a whole house generator tied into your house power box, standing at the ready?

No, Tousi, not a whole house, but one of the largest portable ones. It does run everything we need. I got a thanksgiving dinner this past Nov, with just the generator for power, for the family. It really is a lifesaver. The worse part..... I don't know how to run it, so, hope hubby is always here :lol: It has to be gassed up quite frequently.

Power from CMP is back now. Must have been a limb blown over a power line, only out a couple of hours.

Tousi, where are you located? and do you have snow, and ice and all that ugly stuff?

No, Tousi, not a whole house, but one of the largest portable ones. It does run everything we need. I got a thanksgiving dinner this past Nov, with just the generator for power, for the family. It really is a lifesaver. The worse part..... I don't know how to run it, so, hope hubby is always here :lol: It has to be gassed up quite frequently.

Power from CMP is back now. Must have been a limb blown over a power line, only out a couple of hours.

I have read of people having problems with portable ones because the gas stations are also out of power and people can't buy more gas for them. And then in a snow and/or ice storm there is the matter to getting out to get more gas.

I have read of people having problems with portable ones because the gas stations are also out of power and people can't buy more gas for them. And then in a snow and/or ice storm there is the matter to getting out to get more gas.

Yup, that happens, then you must conserve what little you do have. Won't be able to run everything we want. We store a small amount of gas. Hasn't happened yet, but I'm sure it will one day.

Tousi, where are you located? and do you have snow, and ice and all that ugly stuff?

Born and raised on a small farm in Minnesota but have lived over half of my life now in southern California......got a whole closet full of loincloths! :lol: J/K

Was is a Thanksgiving dinner with no tv; therefore, no football? :lol:

Simply beautiful day here....but rain is forecast for next week...expecting some more cooler weather then.

Born and raised on a small farm in Minnesota but have lived over half of my life now in southern California......got a whole closet full of loincloths! :lol: J/K

Lucky you, wish I was in California right now.

Yup, the generator was able to run the tv, so there was plenty of football and any electric appliance we wanted, had plenty of gas on hand.

Back