Deaf Expo ATX 2015

Miaou

Premium Member
Reaction score
Have any of you attended DeafNation Expo and have some tips for a newcomer? This will be my first event like this to attend. I'm also curious if any of you will also be attending the DeafNation Expo in ATX this year? :)

Event details:
Saturday, MARCH 28, 2015
AUSTIN, TX
Austin Convention Center – Exhibit Hall 3
500 E Cesar Chavez St
Austin, TX 78701
HOURS: 9:00AM-5:00PM
Must register online to attend.

Last edited:
Have any of you attended DeafNation Expo and have some tips for a newcomer? This will be my first event like this to attend. I'm also curious if any of you will also be attending the DeafNation Expo in ATX this year? :)

Yes, I have. I went to the one in Palatine last year. There's a thread about that in the Pictures and Videos section, and some of it is about Deaf Expo. I'm also considering returning back there this year in November.

For a newcomer...... best advice I can give is be prepared to learn new stuff-- I certainly did when I went.

went to the one in Greensboro NC last year- had a good time. I was with a friend I hadn't seen in over 10 years so that was nice.

Best advice I can say is just relax- it does get crowded (or at least it did where I was) so be prepared to do a lot of weaving in and out, bumping into people etc. Don't be afraid to ask questions or just chat if you tend to the extrovert side (I'm too shy... lol)

ATX?

went to the one in Greensboro NC last year- had a good time. I was with a friend I hadn't seen in over 10 years so that was nice.

Best advice I can say is just relax- it does get crowded (or at least it did where I was) so be prepared to do a lot of weaving in and out, bumping into people etc. Don't be afraid to ask questions or just chat if you tend to the extrovert side (I'm too shy... lol)

ATX?
Thanks for the advice. I'm sort of shy too especially since I'm new pretty new to signing but I'm looking forward to going. :)

ATX = Austin, Texas

I would prefer to call "DeafNation @ ATX"

Not Deaf Expo. That's way, we would know the more specs which deaf exhibit is.

Will Harris Comm. booth be there? I want to check out good baby cry signaler transmitters.

Will Harris Comm. booth be there? I want to check out good baby cry signaler transmitters.

I think I saw them last year. You can check out which companies are going to be there on the website. They usually list those that present themselves there.

I think I saw them last year. You can check out which companies are going to be there on the website. They usually list those that present themselves there.

Already checked the website, and couldn't find the list. Still looking.. :/

Already checked the website, and couldn't find the list. Still looking.. :/

I checked my November photo album, and couldn't see Harris Communications there. Then again, I did have battery issues that day.

Oh, well. Appreciate it.

If Harris Communications isn't there, I'm pretty sure I saw SOMETHING in relation to parenting. What exactly, I do not remember. I'd say 50/50 chance you might find something there to help you.

I would prefer to call "DeafNation @ ATX"

Not Deaf Expo. That's way, we would know the more specs which deaf exhibit is.

Yeah, my phone corrects my spelling and when I realized it, well.. it was too late to change the title. I did fix the text area after I saw it though.

Back