Go, Ron Paul, Go!

I loved the video replay of Perry's brain dead episode. Ron Paul standing next to him saying "five, five" and waving his hand at Perry and the audience. Then saying "EPA? EPA?" It was like watching a bad game of charades.:lol:

I do appreciate the fact that Ron Paul knows what he's talking about when it comes to government and that he has, more or less, always stuck to his principles. I agree with him on A LOT of issues.

If he could actually carry out his promises if he ended up in the White House, and end the War on Drugs, that alone would make me vote for him. The War on Drugs has been the single most disastrous domestic and foreign policy ever adopted by the United States.

Sadly, I don't think Ron Paul could do anything about. There are too many people who make too much money off drug prohibition. From the prison-industrial complex to the drug cartels themselves, nobody wants it to end.

Last edited:
I do appreciate the fact that Ron Paul knows what he's talking about when it comes to government and that he has, more or less, always stuck to his principles.

You have to give him points for consistency.

I agree, hah. I would love to see Obama debate Ron Paul but I think he is far too intelligent to do so. ;)

I agree, hah. I would love to see Obama debate Ron Paul but I think he is far too intelligent to do so. ;)

It would be a good debate. He's the only one so far on the Repub's list that could even approach a debate with Obama.

Ron Paul: his name sounds like a Nigerian scammer.

Anyhow, I'm not sure Obama is a great debater. I would prefer a good leader in the White House, not just some guy with a solid command of his oration.

I get mailings from Ron Paul's campaign and his son.

I admire his pro-life stand.

He's persistent, for sure. :lol:

I met Ron Paul in 2008 and shook his hand. :)

He is persistent and consistent. Controversial in his own way.

I don't know if the powers-that-be would let him make significant changes as President.

But having him giving televised press conferences all the time skewering the powers-that-be would be very entertaining indeed... :cool2:

I met Ron Paul in 2008 and shook his hand. :)

He is persistent and consistent. Controversial in his own way.

I don't know if the powers-that-be would let him make significant changes as President.

But having him giving televised press conferences all the time skewering the powers-that-be would be very entertaining indeed... :cool2:

Exactly. It is obvious that the political realities are different once you become a sworn-in President. Take Obama, for instance: he had plans for changing the country, but a few months into office, his appearance changed drastically, as if the weight of the world was bearing down on his shoulders. I wonder what in the world he learned and what he was told. It upsets me that we are not allowed to know that information.
By the way, that is partially that the Movement is about, less secrecy that affects us all and far more transparency. Obviously the powers that be do not think we are good enough to handle our own destiny.

While I like Ron Paul's platform on the defense (the cost of our wars bankrupting our country has a been a long standing worry of mine) and the drug war, I have reservations about some of his stance on the other issues like his stance on the separation of state and church.

He doesn't give up easily and he's consistant. I'll give him that.

I get mailings from Ron Paul's campaign and his son.

I admire his pro-life stand.

He's persistent, for sure. :lol:

Yep, he is. :giggle:
By the way, if you see this huge sign going east on Interstate Highway 70 just past Columbia. Missouri that says "Ron Paul 2012", I erected it several months ago with a few other members of the Patriot Club. :lol:

Yep, he is. :giggle:
By the way, if you see this huge sign going east on Interstate Highway 70 just past Columbia. Missouri that says "Ron Paul 2012", I erected it several months ago with a few other members of the Patriot Club. :lol:
I won't be going out that way any time soon, so maybe you can post a picture for us. :)

While I like Ron Paul's platform on the defense (the cost of our wars bankrupting our country has a been a long standing worry of mine) and the drug war, I have reservations about some of his stance on the other issues like his stance on the separation of state and church.
He doesn't give up easily and he's consistant. I'll give him that.

As do many. Including some conservatives I know.

I haven't heard a specific stance on separation of church and state, but since he is basically a libertarian, I would imagine that he supports the separation of church and state... right?

I haven't heard a specific stance on separation of church and state, but since he is basically a libertarian, I would imagine that he supports the separation of church and state... right?

Not if he has a pro-life agenda to abolish the legality of abortion as a decision between a woman and her physician, taking it from a medical issue to a morality issue.

Back