CCW holder confronts armed robbers

Big mistake on their part. Never assume they're not carrying.

Wow, so much bad things could have happened. I'm glad nobody got robbed or hurt, especially an unwitting bystander with all these missed shots.

This is interesting -

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...6ec1ba-562b-11e4-892e-602188e70e9c_story.html

I wonder how it'll be enforced, though. How can one with a CCW wade through all the regulations here?

Firearms still cannot be carried into D.C. schools, hospitals, government buildings, public transportation vehicles, establishments that serve alcohol, stadiums or arenas, or within 1,000 feet of a dignitary under police protection.

Pretty much covers the entire district...

That's because a licensed concealed carry gun owner knows they cannot carry into those zones (open carry state or not)...like all gun free zones.

Exactly. Do you know how it is in DC? With these regulations I don't even know where you are even allowed to carry. There are places that are private, but in order to get there, you have to drive. Parking's a headache here. For a decent parking spot you have to drive around for a long time before finding a spot. Or park in a garage for $20. People prefer the subway, but you can't carry there. Not to mention at least 1/2 of DC is government, or universities.

That's why I said it's going to be interesting to see how they enforce it. Cops here aren't exactly on the straight.

Back