8330 Can SEE Youtube video

Lol :squint: on small youtube on BB is no fun!.

I read abt activitate ATT BB GPS hack by download Google Map and install it. It should get it working. Att is shooting their own feet for disabling GPS but actually, GPS itself never was disabled. It's missing a software to operate.

Hey, have you ever tried Blueapple.mobi and just download it then save to microSD? Try this. Some will show full screen, some not. If you kept getting error message, try download Opera Mini and then go to Blueapple.mobi and download high quality video. You shuldnt get error message. Worth a try!

If you want to convert dvd movie into BB format. Check my thread "Blackberry Curve or 8830 media player advice". You'll love it and make ur co worker drool like crazy. I watched movie while I work lol.

Catty

It don't work, Google Map has no GPS feature on att BB because att limited GPS to Telenav only.

Same with Verizon, I can't find GPS on Google Map or BB Map.

It probably work on Sprint and tmobile.

Catty, you can try download video at Zedge via PC then transfer to BB.

Garmin’s $99 offer that will give BlackBerry users unlimited access to its GPS software for the lifetime of the device.

Here’s the official response from Garmin:

“Customers with locked-down GPS can still use Garmin Mobile, however it will require them to have an independent Bluetooth/GPS receiver, such as the GPS 10x. They can also use a third-party GPS/Bluetooth receiver with our maps. If their BlackBerry has a locked GPS, it’ll be slightly more than $99.99 because they’d have to buy the one-time-purchase $99.99 maps and a GPS/Bluetooth receiver (the GPS 10x is $99.99).”

BlackBerry users

Lol :squint: on small youtube on BB is no fun!.

I read abt activitate ATT BB GPS hack by download Google Map and install it. It should get it working. Att is shooting their own feet for disabling GPS but actually, GPS itself never was disabled. It's missing a software to operate.
Catty
It don't work, Google Map has no GPS feature on att BB because att limited GPS to Telenav only.

AT&T's New BlackBerry Unlocks GPS - Dave's Download (usnews.com)

read this article because i find that interesting because i know ATT doesnt lock any gps on mobiles. i have my tilt with gps. it is never locked since i bought it and i have Google Maps and GPSToday on it. my ex-wife has at&t BB Curve with gps. she did mention me that she uses google maps on it. no plm so far. also my good friend has Sprint BB device with GPS. he uses BB Maps. he likes it.

have you tried BB Maps on your mobile?

AT&T's New BlackBerry Unlocks GPS - Dave's Download (usnews.com)

read this article because i find that interesting because i know ATT doesnt lock any gps on mobiles. i have my tilt with gps. it is never locked since i bought it and i have Google Maps and GPSToday on it. my ex-wife has at&t BB Curve with gps. she did mention me that she uses google maps on it. no plm so far. also my good friend has Sprint BB device with GPS. he uses BB Maps. he likes it.

have you tried BB Maps on your mobile?

There's BB Maps on my mobile but no GPS feature.

I'm going find it out to enable it.

If built-GPS is true then should be FREE. Lot people misunderstand between GPS and navigation. Why $10 fee for navigation if BB already have one.

GPS connection to satellite (Always free for one way)
Navigation connection to multi-network radio (Always FEE)

Also, GPS can tell how fast you can go.

My coworker told me stupid VZ disable GPS on BB and make you to pay it for and Sprint still use GPS for free. I am not sure if it's true but waiting to see when my wife will get BB 8330 Sprint by next month.

Yes, Built-in GPS are free in Sprint. BUT the Sprint Navigation (software itself) charges $10 a month fees if using it. Sprint Navigation uses BB Curve's built-in GPS hardware to navigate.

Catty

Actually, Google Map just use BB Curve's built in GPS to pinpoint. IF you go inside building, The Google Map can't find location where you are at but using a tower trangulation to assume your location at between 1,300 to 1,800 meter. If you go outside, Google Map will pinpoint and narrow down to either 10 to 20 meter (it automatically finds satellite and narrows down using Curve's GPS) and it follows you wherever you are driving or walking. That's what Google Map using Curve's GPS hardware. That's how it work. I had been playing with BB's Map and Google Map alot that's why. Both does little different thing. BB Map can't find satellite when I'm in the building. I walked out of door and wait for 20 to 30 seconds, It'll find Satellite and pinpoint where I am at.

So I had hard time which to keep or delete BB Map or Google Map so I decide to keep both (both had it's own nice feature that I can't resist!!). Be sure that you use Menu--Close before switching over to another Map program. In that way GPS would be conflicted by other application using it. I did have problem with BB Map that it can't find satellite when I was outside all day. Google Map assumed my location 1,300 meter. So I deleted Google Map and finally BB Map function normally and found satellite. So I downloaded newest Google Map with voice(beta version) and it fixed the problem with GPS issue and BB Map still works fine.

So Wanna bet I'm right!!:laugh2:

Catty

Lol You say Sprint BB 8330 don't have built in GPS !! Shush!!

What I have Sprint BB Curve 8330 with built in GPS. It use BB Map for free navigation. It's partly based by Google Map. I downloaded Google Map and compared it. It seem Google Map is better than BB Map. Sprint Navigation cost $10 a month more so I don't use it.

I sure hope that InfoGation Odessey Mobile will develop one for BB OS. I know it may be a programming work for them to do to work with BB OS.

Catty

If built-GPS is true then should be FREE. Lot people misunderstand between GPS and navigation. Why $10 fee for navigation if BB already have one.

GPS connection to satellite (Always free for one way)
Navigation connection to multi-network radio (Always FEE)

Also, GPS can tell how fast you can go.

My coworker told me stupid VZ disable GPS on BB and make you to pay it for and Sprint still use GPS for free. I am not sure if it's true but waiting to see when my wife will get BB 8330 Sprint by next month.

That's what I thought so!

Garmin’s $99 offer that will give BlackBerry users unlimited access to its GPS software for the lifetime of the device.

Here’s the official response from Garmin:

“Customers with locked-down GPS can still use Garmin Mobile, however it will require them to have an independent Bluetooth/GPS receiver, such as the GPS 10x. They can also use a third-party GPS/Bluetooth receiver with our maps. If their BlackBerry has a locked GPS, it’ll be slightly more than $99.99 because they’d have to buy the one-time-purchase $99.99 maps and a GPS/Bluetooth receiver (the GPS 10x is $99.99).”

BlackBerry users

Pain in ass to connection GPS device and mobile for power since bluetooth drain the battery down so quick.

Pain in ass to connection GPS device and mobile for power since bluetooth drain the battery down so quick.

No bluetooth GPS add-on needed, just use Garmin GPS on built-in GPS, it will work fine on Sprint, att or tmobile.

No bluetooth GPS add-on needed, just use Garmin GPS on built-in GPS, it will work fine on Sprint, att or tmobile.

Customers with locked-down GPS can still use Garmin Mobile, however it will require them to have an independent Bluetooth/GPS receiver, such as the GPS 10x. They can also use a third-party GPS/Bluetooth receiver with our maps. If their BlackBerry has a locked GPS, it’ll be slightly more than $99.99 because they’d have to buy the one-time-purchase $99.99 maps and a GPS/Bluetooth receiver (the GPS 10x is $99.99).”

Actually, Google Map just use BB Curve's built in GPS to pinpoint. IF you go inside building, The Google Map can't find location where you are at but using a tower trangulation to assume your location at between 1,300 to 1,800 meter. If you go outside, Google Map will pinpoint and narrow down to either 10 to 20 meter (it automatically finds satellite and narrows down using Curve's GPS) and it follows you wherever you are driving or walking. That's what Google Map using Curve's GPS hardware. That's how it work. I had been playing with BB's Map and Google Map alot that's why. Both does little different thing. BB Map can't find satellite when I'm in the building. I walked out of door and wait for 20 to 30 seconds, It'll find Satellite and pinpoint where I am at.

So I had hard time which to keep or delete BB Map or Google Map so I decide to keep both (both had it's own nice feature that I can't resist!!). Be sure that you use Menu--Close before switching over to another Map program. In that way GPS would be conflicted by other application using it. I did have problem with BB Map that it can't find satellite when I was outside all day. Google Map assumed my location 1,300 meter. So I deleted Google Map and finally BB Map function normally and found satellite. So I downloaded newest Google Map with voice(beta version) and it fixed the problem with GPS issue and BB Map still works fine.

So Wanna bet I'm right!!:laugh2:

Catty

Thank you for the sharing!

Back