Blank Space

Songbird2319

Reaction score
A poem I wrote before I learned my hearing was going.

ImageUploadedByAllDeaf1433303407.095299.jpg
Most guys want a girl with long flowing words. Pretty ones that kiss her skin like snowflakes. Words like lulunae and serenade.

Me? I'd prefer a deaf girl. There are downsides, obviously. She'd never be able to hear my voice. Never hear me say "I love you" or even the way I say her name. She'd never hear the way her name flows.

But, she'd be clean. Smooth and unscarred like a baby. Save from the hell of reading everything you ever said.

I'm not so lucky. I talk to myself late at night and early in the morning. A bad habit in this world. I say things I'd never say to anyone else. I feel the words I say most often deepen and bolded and bigger. I feel them cut in. They're words you don't show. Not because of content, but because of the imagery they create. They're not nice words.

I cover myself up, from head to toe. I'm the only boy to wear turtlenecks in August, but it's better than the alternative.

No, I'd prefer a deaf girl, a girl that speaks without a voice. If only to fall in love with one unspoiled and to keep me from saying things in the dark.

So, the loophole is that since she doesn't say anything out loud, the curse doesn't apply

Interesting, creative writing is open to lots of different interpretations. Care to explain what you actually mean to say with this.
I notice you are female yet you write it as a male point of view. Is it from an actual experience you had? Or something you wanted to be? Having Autism, trying to understand the emotional intent of the writer without a larger context is difficult because I don't have the same perspective or empathy processing of Neuro-Typical people

Interesting, creative writing is open to lots of different interpretations. Care to explain what you actually mean to say with this.
I notice you are female yet you write it as a male point of view. Is it from an actual experience you had? Or something you wanted to be? Having Autism, trying to understand the emotional intent of the writer without a larger context is difficult because I don't have the same perspective or empathy processing of Neuro-Typical people

I'm not exactly neuro typical. I have A.D.D. and autism like tendencies. It was a prompt in creative writing class. I like writing in different perspectives. I like trying to, instead of creating a character and writing, peer into a character's head and then write what I find. I also find it easier to romantically describe girls than boys. You have to know boys to find them romantic, not so with girls. At least I do. No, it's all fiction.

Back