Is anyone on here is poet

Deafinms

Reaction score
I'm a poet, dark kind, I like to share with y'all.:wave:

I am a poet, but I'm hearing. My pie.s range from dark to Jell-o (yes I wrote a poem about jell-o the food)

I am not a poet. I've written rhymes, haikus, actually was able to grab some lovely interactions with my mother who was dying from lung cancer* and turn some of her quotes into poems. I'd point to the web where one and only one has been picked up by various sites but it would toss any form of being anonymous into the garbage.

*The stuff must be on my laptop that has no ability to connect to the internet but here are some lines I used.

"My friends used to call me Harry. Now they call me baldy." (mom)

* * * Forgot a lot of this and it has been 17 years, no surprise. * * *
"Wispy white strands of cotton y a w n across the soft, red-awakening sky.
I think of you and the beauty of the quiet morning you're missing.
... I knew these times would come that would haunt me with the memory of you but fill my heart with the warmth of your love. (me)
This may be a little too much but I needed to put together her eulogy and have a service at a temple. I couldn't have a stranger do it after seeing what happened with my partner's mother demise. My immediate family was worthless and I knew I could pull it off (and did). I set a precedence inadvertently. Didn't want to do one for my father 11 years later but I did out of necessity and did it quickly. An early opening paragraph for my mother: "They threw everything against it that they could, including the kitchen sink. But I knew Lindy's and mom's valiant battle against cancer was over when I walked out and found the kitchen sink was missing." Uh, kind of poetic-like and I was told since I used it in the first paragraph of her eulogy, people weren't ready for it and it went over their heads.
And that's enough for now.

I am not a poet. I've written rhymes, haikus, actually was able to grab some lovely interactions with my mother who was dying from lung cancer* and turn some of her quotes into poems. I'd point to the web where one and only one has been picked up by various sites but it would toss any form of being anonymous into the garbage.

*The stuff must be on my laptop that has no ability to connect to the internet but here are some lines I used.

"My friends used to call me Harry. Now they call me baldy." (mom)

* * * Forgot a lot of this and it has been 17 years, no surprise. * * *
"Wispy white strands of cotton y a w n across the soft, red-awakening sky.
I think of you and the beauty of the quiet morning you're missing.
... I knew these times would come that would haunt me with the memory of you but fill my heart with the warmth of your love. (me)
This may be a little too much but I needed to put together her eulogy and have a service at a temple. I couldn't have a stranger do it after seeing what happened with my partner's mother demise. My immediate family was worthless and I knew I could pull it off (and did). I set a precedence inadvertently. Didn't want to do one for my father 11 years later but I did out of necessity and did it quickly. An early opening paragraph for my mother: "They threw everything against it that they could, including the kitchen sink. But I knew Lindy's and mom's valiant battle against cancer was over when I walked out and found the kitchen sink was missing." Uh, kind of poetic-like and I was told since I used it in the first paragraph of her eulogy, people weren't ready for it and it went over their heads.
And that's enough for now.

This is making me sad , my mom dies on Dec 28 , 2008 and we used a Rabbi that did not know her or our family b/c mom was in a nursing home. The Rabbi called my two sisters but was not able to reach me and did not really try to. My oldest sister told the Rabbi our dad was violent drunk which is true and the Rabbi used that in my mom eulogy . I was outrage when the Rabbi said this . I called a Rabbi in my city and he wanted the Rabbi name to report him b/c he was so upset this happen. I am sorry to hear about your mom and I got what you meant.

This is making me sad , my mom dies on Dec 28 , 2008 and we used a Rabbi that did not know her or our family b/c mom was in a nursing home. The Rabbi called my two sisters but was not able to reach me and did not really try to. My oldest sister told the Rabbi our dad was violent drunk which is true and the Rabbi used that in my mom eulogy . I was outrage when the Rabbi said this . I called a Rabbi in my city and he wanted the Rabbi name to report him b/c he was so upset this happen. I am sorry to hear about your mom and I got what you meant.
whatdidyousay! Your words touched me. Death is difficult no matter what you do to prepare and no matter how much you think you've reached the Kubler-Ross acceptance phase. Oh, gosh, your Rabbi sounds like an unethical person. When my father died about six months before your mom died, we ended up holding a small service at Riverside Memorial Chapel in NYC. I rarely do anything by the book :aw: and won't when it comes to services. That needs to come from my heart and it's the only way I knew to do it and many have a really hard time with this - I get it completely. We used a Rabbi (and she was nice and dealt with what I put together with some guidelines) and she was fine and let us do what we needed to do with a little interaction by her.

Mom's rabbi (mid-late '90s) ... I had hospice lined up for her but she had to sign the form that allowed them to help. I found a local rabbi when we were almost at a countdown for mom's living. We'd use his temple, and I'd do most of the service. First I was able to get mom to talk to him to establish a connection. The two biggest dopes at the service - my sister who read from a Catholic day calendar (one liner and I'm not kidding) and she was really nervous. My ex brother-in-law told a story that made it sound like he and my mom were having an affair (in front of a couple hundred people). I wanted to smack him. But we ended it with my attempt to light or hold yarhzite. But my hand was shaking so much, the rabbi helped. A rendition of "Somewhere O'er the Rainbow," played as the candle burned and I felt like collapsing but couldn't.

To me, it's all about lessons learned from past experiences and building on them.

I enjoy writing various thinga and poems are one of them.

Sent from my SGH-T399N using AllDeaf App mobile app

I love poems People like Philip larkin Syliva Plath ted Hughes Heany..want dark poetry they the best.since wearing awful glasses hard to read.
working out alliteration etc See Why What and How IT Used times they Slap onomatipea into stanza's..People like Browning beautiful but get to nitty gritty and it all sex

I'm not, but my sister is. Her poem "Silent Hands" has been published/used in a couple of different places (shared below!)

Can you hear me?
Listen, not with your ears
But with your eyes.
To you they speak,
My silent hands.
Hear me tell my tale.
Hear me sing my song.
Learn my language,
My beautiful native language.
Hear my hands,
Hear my music and story.
Learn my language.