What type and what genre?

JCruz

Reaction score
I'm a science fiction writer usually, though I do like to dabble in fantasy.
I'm more of a prose writer. I can't really get into writing poetry though I have tried. Seemed to have skipped me in my family.

What about y'all? What do you write and what genres?

i like lots of genre but not war books.reading 'black swan' by nassim taleb,it thought provoking book understanding how much we never understand
i like poetry Philip Larken Ted Hughes Sylvia Plath Seamus Heaney K athrine Mansfield not keen on victorian sweet sickly stuff but love Elizabeth Browning and Byron VERY SEXY stuff
Graham Green 'brighton rock' and 'third man'
William Golding The Spire....I dont mind sci/fi but rather watch it and really into supernatural stuff,think that sums it up....what have you written has it been published

I'm actually currently writing a sci-fi novel. I want to get it published, but currently working on edits. I've been having a hard time getting people to read it for me and tell me what they think. They all have busy schedules and I really don't want to just hand it out to a random person on the internet without knowing that they'll actually get back to me on it, you know?

Have you got lit agent.do you have 'writers&Artist year book that very helpful

No. Is that a website?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/The-Writers-Artists-Yearbook-2013/dp/1408157497]The Writers' and Artists' Yearbook 2013 (Writers' & Artists' Yearbook): www.writersandartists.co.uk: 9781408157497: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Ooooh. I'm a broke college student. I go by the motto: "If it's free, it's for me!"

Though I might buy it next semester when my refund for financial aid comes in.

I write Horror. I have always been interested in thriller/horror and writing something along those lines is cool in my opinion.

I write Horror. I have always been interested in thriller/horror and writing something along those lines is cool in my opinion.

Like Stephen King (he's the only horror writer I know by name, sorry)?

Have you got lit agent.do you have 'writers&Artist year book that very helpful

it for established and aspiring authors,published by A&C BLACK LONDON it thick as bible used by writers all over the world it has thousands and thousand of address publishers etc from every part of world,if you going to write you need that, get america uk nz australia canada

it for established and aspiring authors,published by A&C BLACK LONDON it thick as bible used by writers all over the world it has thousands and thousand of address publishers etc from every part of world,if you going to write you need that, get america uk nz australia canada

Seems like a good idea but I'm basically living off financial aid so it wouldn't be a smart investment for me right now.

if you want to write seriously you going to need it,all writers use it from where ever in the world unless you lucky like in harry potter, cost about $30

Oh yes Stephen King, Anne Rice, Dean Kontz, and a few others. Mainly Stephen King and Anne Rice! :)

Stephen King and Anne Rice definitely! But have you read anything by Stephen Kings son, Joe Hill? AmmmmAAAAAAzzzziiiiiiiimg! <3

Back