Mass casualties at theater showing Batman movie

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
"AURORA, Colo. - A gas mask-wearing gunman opened fire early Friday at a suburban Denver movie theater, leaving at least 12 people dead and dozens more injured, police said.

The violent and chaotic scene erupted about 12:30 a.m. local time as a gunman, identified as 24-year-old James Holmes, stood at the front of one of the Century 16 theaters at the Aurora Mall where the latest Batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises" was playing. Witnesses reported that the gunman entered the theater through an emergency exit door and threw a gas canister before opening fire.

"Witnesses tell us he released some sort of canister. They heard a hissing sound and some gas emerged and the gunman opened fire," Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said at a news conference.

Police, ambulances and emergency crews swarmed on the scene after frantic calls started flooding the 911 switchboard, officials said.

Officers found Holmes near a car behind the theater. He surrendered without resistance, police said."

Mass shooting at Batman screening in Aurora, Colo.; At least 12 dead, dozens more wounded - CBS News

Woke up to this tragic news. My heart is heavy and terribly sad for the victims and their families. There are some sick people in our world. Now, going to the movies isn't safe anymore. What next, security check points in line at the theater?

One thing makes me mad is that there is only one person kill 12 people/wound 50 others, but nothing can replace that. James Holmes, 24 years old, will be in prison for life, and that punishment is not good enough, and could not replace those 12 innocent people/50 wounded innocent people. What a very dumb move by James Holmes, we should do something about the gun laws.

Police say that the suspect's apartment is heavily booby trapped.

One thing makes me mad is that there is only one person kill 12 people/wound 50 others, but nothing can replace that. James Holmes, 24 years old, will be in prison for life, and that punishment is not good enough, and could not replace those 12 innocent people/50 wounded innocent people. What a very dumb move by James Holmes, we should do something about the gun laws.

I would not call is a 'dumb move' it was a very tragic move and I agree there is no punishment that can fit this senseless crime committed by James Holmes. I bet his lawyer will declare his client insane. I really feel for all the people that lost their lost ones and people that got wounded. I wonder if the polices saw James Holmes wearing a bullet poof vest , if they did that should had been a
red flag

One fatality was a six-year-old girl. :(

One fatality was a six-year-old girl. :(

How sad , I heard about the girl getting shot and was not sure if she dies . My heart goes out to her famliy. I been glued to the TV watching the news and waiting to hear what drove the guy to commit this horrible senseless crime. I heard he was a med student and he dropped out last month.

How sad , I heard about the girl getting shot and was not sure if she dies . My heart goes out to her famliy. I been glued to the TV watching the news and waiting to hear what drove the guy to commit this horrible senseless crime. I heard he was a med student and he dropped out last month.
It is tragic for those families. :(

It is strange that a guy who was studying how to save lives would change to violently taking lives.

I was concerned about my nephew who lives in the Denver area and was planning to go to that movie. I saw a photo of a victim who had long, dark hair and a beard similar to my nephew. I checked my nephew's FB, and he posted that he's planning to attend the movie Sunday, so he's OK. Whew!

The police evacuated the residents of five buildings near the suspect's apartment. They said it might take days to clear the apartment.

Wirelessly posted

authentic said:

You outlaw guns and only the outlaws will have guns

The police evacuated the residents of five buildings near the suspect's apartment. They said it might take days to clear the apartment.

The apartment appear to have a bomb set up in it . I saw on the news that the traffic has not been shut down near the apartment and that people can still use the sidewalks near by. That seen very strange to me, as if there is bomb it could send objects flying all over the place!

I just heard on the news the shooter just filled an application and describe himself as "an easy going person" . This sure does NOT sound like an easy going person to me...

The apartment appear to have a bomb set up in it . I saw on the news that the traffic has not been shut down near the apartment and that people can still use the sidewalks near by. That seen very strange to me, as if there is bomb it could send objects flying all over the place!

Maybe those people want to be on International TV news.

I just heard a father call in to the TV news. It was so sad. The father described how his young son had attended the movie with a girlfriend. The son was wounded but will survive. But the son saw his girlfriend get shot in the face, and she died. :(

The son was shot more than once, and he's had surgery. He's in critical condition. He knows that his girlfriend didn't survive.

It is easier for FBI/Police to capture a person who bought guns ak-47 via online illegally if there's gun law.
Not really. If they're buying guns illegally, how are more laws going to stop them? They ignore the laws. Gun laws are only useful for monitoring gun purchases by law-abiding people. They don't stop law breakers.

In this case, we don't know how the shooter got his guns. So far, the police say he had no concealed carry permit or hunting license.

and 3-month baby. Dead. Why bring baby to film at late night? That's not right.
I thought the baby survived. Oh, that's sad. :(

That does seem odd to take a baby out late at night to a noisy movie.

562961_4067928732998_555963111_n.jpg

Jesus says for Colorado families and friends!!

Back