Have any of you tried the Phonak Naida water proof's?

JimK

Reaction score
Hey, I am curraently wearing the Phonak IXSmart's and haven't any issues with them but I would really like some HA's that were water proof/resistant.
I exercise daily and I work up a pretty good sweat. I live in central FL and it gets preatty hot here so I do my 2 mi walk early in the morning and the eliptical some later on in tahe day here in the house. (still work up a good sweat. I would like to use my icom during my walk but I'm afraid of getting my HA's wet. Ar the new Naida S's any good or do any of you have any suggestions?
Thankd,
JimK

wait a second, how bad is your hearing? the Naidas are for severe-to-profound.
BUT wait, there's a difference between the Naida UP and SP
SP takes the size 13 while the UP takes a bigger battery (675)

the Naidas are water resistant. Just don't bathe/shower/swim with them on. But if you get caught out in a rainstorm or if you get splashed on, the Naidas should be fine. I would suggest you invest in a Dry & Store hearing aid drying kit, and putting your hearing aids in it every night to dry out your hearing aids so you don't encounter problems. There are also various covers for hearing aids if you feel like you need more protection for the hearing aids as well. EarGear and such.

Siemens has a waterproof hearing aid, the Aquaris, but they are for folks with mild-severely moderate hearing losses, not severe-profound range. http://hearing.siemens.com/en/04-products/27-aquaris/aquaris.jsp

I have the Resound Alera 9 and Resound has done some hard work in waterproofing their hearing aids. I sweat a lot down here in Houston, not to mention rain showers (course, haven't had a lot of those recently...), but I am happy with the waterproofing. I, like you, talked to my Audiologist about the Phonak Naida when I was looking for a new hearing aid and, as Safarigirl stated, it's for higher hearing loss than I have. My audiologist was worried that she wouldn't be able to dial down the power enough, so we went with the Alera.

yeah and funny thing, I almost went with the Naidas when I suddenly decided to stick with Oticon since they're very close to Siemens tech specs :) (I grew up with Siemens from the 90s to 05)

My 12 year old son who plays soccer four days a week and has PE five days a week wears the waterproof Phonak Naidas. So far...not so good for active boys! They get sweat in the battery department and stop working. They also seem to build up alot of rust. We tried the latex covers and he says it sounds like thw wind is blowing all the time, so that is not working for him. I wish someone would design something for these active kids!

Otherwise he says they are great hearing aids with great sound and clarity.

Hope this helps.

My 12 year old son who plays soccer four days a week and has PE five days a week wears the waterproof Phonak Naidas. So far...not so good for active boys! They get sweat in the battery department and stop working. They also seem to build up alot of rust. We tried the latex covers and he says it sounds like thw wind is blowing all the time, so that is not working for him. I wish someone would design something for these active kids!

Hope this helps.

If his are doing that, then you should take them back to his audi, have Phonak look at them... they shouldn't be letting the liquid get into the battery compartment...

Hope this helps.

Try Ear Gear . They don't interfere with microphones and they help keep dry.

Ear Gear | Hearing Aid Devices | Hearing Instruments

Also get a Dry & Store, put the hearing aids in it every night and that'll dry out the hearing aids.

Naidas are NOT completely waterproof, just water-resistant!

This thread is helpful. I've been researching HAs a bit. As mentioned earlier, the Naidias are probably too powerful for my R ear, but might work for my L ear if I have any residual hearing there. I would like something water-resistant gIven my line of work. I had Siemens before but didn't much care for them. When I talk to my Audie I will find out more.

I also noticed my Audie seems to be pushing this Oticon brand Of HAs. Does anyone know about these?

Oticon are great.

I guess it depends on the severity of my loss. I read somewhere about some HAs where I can put a reciever on my L ear and it sends the sounds to my R ear. That sounds kind of cool, but I am sure the technology is out of my budget, lOl

I guess it depends on the severity of my loss. I read somewhere about some HAs where I can put a reciever on my L ear and it sends the sounds to my R ear. That sounds kind of cool, but I am sure the technology is out of my budget, lOl

Bi - cros aids. You can always ask the audiologist about pricing.

Bi - cros aids. You can always ask the audiologist about pricing.

Given that I am profound in my L ear and HOH in my R ear, I might be a candidate for that. It wil be interesting to see what my options are at the appointment on Weds. I'm actually kind of excited about it in a way.

Be sure to try them if you can. I tried the Oticons this summer for about 10 days, and did not care for them. (Severe loss here.) So it's really a personal thing.

I will ask my Audie if I can try some HAs for two weeks to see before I sign any paperwork requiring me to Pay for them.

Back