Police uncover house of horrors in Florida

rockin'robin

Reaction score
BROOKSVILLE, Fla. -- You may never look at your neighbor's home the same way again after this story.

"My family has been through hell for two years with this woman," said Paula Deford, who says her neighbor 47-year-old Nickcole Dykema was caught on her surveillance video attacking her home with a knife twice in recent weeks. "It's just been torment, torment."

Parole officers arrived at Dykema's home in the 12100 block of Eldorado Avenue Tuesday night to serve multiple felony warrants. They had no idea the house of horrors that awaited them.

Mobile users: Click here to see photos from inside the home

When Sergeant Chris Calderon arrived, he said Dykema looked directly at him through a broken window of the house and then disappeared back into the home. Calderon gave commands for her to come out, but she only responded with obscenities and told officers to "leave her property."

At that point, officers called the sheriff's office for reinforcements.

When police arrived they decided to force their way inside, at which point, Dykema reportedly grabbed a large sword, or machete, and tried to stab Sergeant Calderon, missing his face and head by only inches. She then disappeared into another part of the house.

"He [Sgt. Calderon] would have been well within his rights legally, morally and ethically to use deadly force on her," said Hernando County Sheriff Al Nienhuis.

Deputies eventually found a set of feet standing in the corner of the mobile home, possibly hiding under or behind a blanket. They then saw a long, silver, shiny sword waving around behind the blanket and asked Dykema to come out with her hands up.

She refused and moved towards the deputies with the sword. Sergeant Bill Hillman deployed a bean bag round at her which had no effect. She fled into a room in the home that contained more than 500 bladed weapons.

Dykema armed herself with more blades and advanced toward the deputies. Another officer fired a bean bag round hitting her abdomen and thigh. She then retreated to another section of the home.

Deputies were staged at the front door behind shields as Dykema eventually emerged from behind a hanging blanket, advancing toward deputies.

Deputies ordered her to turn around so they could make sure she didn't have any weapons behind her back, but it appeared as if she was retreating back into her residence. That's when Corporal Stephen Miller deployed his Taser and Dykema fell to the ground.

She was quickly taken into custody by deputies on scene.

During inventory of Dykema's home, deputies found upwards of 2,000 bladed devices -- even an altar of some sort.

"I think most people would look at that and think that it does seem to at least mimic satanic worship," Nienhuis said.

On Wednesday, deputies brought out box after box of knives, blades, and swords. Sheriff Nienhuis says it could be hours before they process all the evidence which included "some Halloween-type things that are fake and even some bones that we feel are chicken bones," said Nienhuis.

Deputies found a pentagram and a ceiling fan with knives attached to it.

"I also think that it's not outside the realm of possibility that there's probably some mental illness here," said Nienhuis.

"I know she's very dangerous," said Deford.

Deford said after seeing the parade of blades come from Dykema's home she has only one thought. "I'm lucky to be alive that's how I feel that's exactly how I feel."

This isn't the first time deputies had a confrontation with Dykema. In December 2014, they were called out to the Dollar Tree on Cortez Boulevard on suspicion of shoplifting. When deputies tried to get her into custody for providing a false name and date of birth, she resisted but was quickly subdued and detained.

During a search, they found two large chef knives, a small dagger, and a small sword hidden under her clothing. She was charged with Providing False Information, Carrying a Concealed Weapon, and Resisting Arrest.

Dykema now faces the following charges and is being held without bond.

•Probation Violation (warrant)
•Property Damage/Criminal Mischief
•Resist Officer w/o Violence

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...uncover-house-of-horrors-in-florida/32544445/

Lots and lots of very strange people in this world! :twisted:

Is that really a woman?

that awful....she appears be demon from hell and if she doing satanic stuff then she got big problems

I wonder what this means for the neighbors next door - will they be able to sell their houses? Or will they have to modify their house to make sure she can't get inside? Will they have to modify their work schedule so they are not caught out in the dark, when they could be attacked by surprise? What about revenge on the neighbor who called it in?

It reminds me of the full-gung-ho police cadet who always slept with his big gun in hand in Police Academy - you just may need it.

I am stuck on the line of, " ... attacking her home with a knife... " how exactly does one go about this? And why is it satanic worship, there are several religions and lifestyles that revolve around blades of various kinds... Also, lost on why are they so relieved to be alive?

I am stuck on the line of, " ... attacking her home with a knife... " how exactly does one go about this?
I guess it refers to the video with the story. She was striking at the AC unit and screening on the exterior of the house with a knife.

And why is it satanic worship, there are several religions and lifestyles that revolve around blades of various kinds…
Probably because of the pentagrams that were on the altar, and other stuff they found (there was lots of "stuff" in that house).

Also, lost on why are they so relieved to be alive?
Maybe they thought she would attack them? The person who turned her in to the police was especially afraid of retribution.

I guess it refers to the video with the story. She was striking at the AC unit and screening on the exterior of the house with a knife.

But is it really attacking... But then one cannot be charged with destruction of their own property...

Probably because of the pentagrams that were on the altar, and other stuff they found (there was lots of "stuff" in that house).

Again, there are a lot of religious practices that use and have the above mentioned... Does not mean it is satanic...

Maybe they thought she would attack them? The person who turned her in to the police was especially afraid of retribution.

Seems she had more of parchment for "attacking" her home and people/police that enter her house ... Still makes me wonder when people are all surprised about surviving the nutcase next door... It's not like she was standing over them with knives or stashing them in their homes... She was not even brandishing them on their property...

Still... To each their own...

Where is the horror here?
I had to read five paragrpahs to even get to tthe knives (gosh the horror...gasp

She had allot of knives....
Meh
Damn
I really fail to see how this is even news or even a horror story...no bodies were found...she wasnt a canibal, or doing animal sacrifice, or even holding people prisoner, or anything..
She violated her probation.
Ok
Next horror story pls....will it be someone j walking perhaps?
Yawn

Where is the horror here?
I had to read five paragrpahs to even get to tthe knives (gosh the horror...gasp

She had allot of knives....
Meh
Damn
I really fail to see how this is even news or even a horror story...no bodies were found...she wasnt a canibal, or doing animal sacrifice, or even holding people prisoner, or anything..
She violated her probation.
Ok
Next horror story pls....will it be someone j walking perhaps?
Yawn

Did you watch the video of the inside of her home?...Did you see her attacking her neighbors AC unit with a big-assed knife?...Inside that house was horrific...and she also attacked the Police several times...

Did you watch the video of the inside of her home?...Did you see her attacking her neighbors AC unit with a big-assed knife?...Inside that house was horrific...and she also attacked the Police several times...

Attacking her nighbours ac..well....golly....it takes more then that to be a horror show in my books.

As for inside her home? So what...thats how she wanted to decorate it...cool
She was charged with a 4 probation violations, and resisting an officer with violence.
Hardly a horror show
Whens the last time you walked in the hood at night?
This girl is chump change
Really

But is it really attacking... But then one cannot be charged with destruction of their own property…
Aggressive remodeling? :lol:

Again, there are a lot of religious practices that use and have the above mentioned... Does not mean it is satanic…
What other religions use the pentagram symbol in their worship?

Seems she had more of parchment for "attacking" her home and people/police that enter her house ... Still makes me wonder when people are all surprised about surviving the nutcase next door... It's not like she was standing over them with knives or stashing them in their homes... She was not even brandishing them on their property...

Still... To each their own...
I think they were concerned about the potential of violence she could have wrought on them.

I think they were concerned about the potential of violence she could have wrought on them.

Wica does. And other neopagan varients. It is also used in christian solomonic magick. It is both a christian symbol, the five points representing the five wounds of Christ as well as a neo pagan and wicca symbol.

The difference between the pentagram used in wicca and neopaganism compared with its use in satanism of the layvayan veriety or lucifarianism proper and all other organizations of adherents of isolate intelalegence, is the direction of the point.
The point facing down is a satanic and or lucifarian use of the symbol, wherehas the point facing up can be either a christian use, or a wicca or neopagan use of it.

It is also used in witchcraft of various sects and lineages. As well as in magick. It is a primary symbol used in occult theurgy, and occult initiations to various orders. Such as any of the golden dawn lineage which has had a profound impact on magick the last century. Thelema also uses it, though not in the same way.

Wica does. And other neopagan varients. It is also used in christian solomonic magick. It is both a christian symbol, the five points representing the five wounds of Christ as well as a neo pagan and wicca symbol.
I'm a Christian, and our symbol is the Cross, not the pentagram or pentacle.

The difference between the pentagram used in wicca and neopaganism compared with its use in satanism of the layvayan veriety or lucifarianism proper and all other organizations of adherents of isolate integelegence, is the direction of the point.
The point facing down is a satanic and or lucifarian use of the symbol, wherehas the point facing up can be either a christian use, or a wicca or neopagan use of it.
It is also used in witchraft of various sects and lineages.
In the Christian worldview, those are all satanic religions.

I don't know on what the police based their conclusion about satanic worship, other than the pentagrams that were mentioned. There might have been more evidence or statements pertaining to that conclusion. There's so much going on in those photos, and I'm sure we don't see everything that they saw there.

Regardless, the woman obviously has mental problems whether or not her stuff has any real religious meaning. It means something to her but who really knows what that is in her mind?

Feel this woman is very sick...and not to be trusted at all...I'd be horrified too if she were my neighbor and attacking my AC unit and window screen with a huge knife!....What for?

Then also attacking the Police with a machete...wow...she will be locked up for a long time I'm sure....her pix even looked crazy.

LOL that works... But still not criminal

Hoichi summed this one up really well, while Christianity does use the cross, Hoichi is correct that the pentagram is also used in various aspects of Christianity as well... Many pagan symbols are found in Christianity... To include the cross. ;)

While you may consider it all satanic it disrespecting other religious views... But this is religious views and everyone has their own...

Yes, I can see that.. It is just always so over dramatic that they are relieved to have survived the nutter next door... Smh it's just sad to me...

The difference between the pentagram used in wicca and neopaganism compared with its use in satanism of the layvayan veriety or lucifarianism proper and all other organizations of adherents of isolate intelalegence, is the direction of the point.

It is also used in witchcraft of various sects and lineages. As well as in magick. It is a primary symbol used in occult theurgy, and occult initiations to various orders. Such as any of the golden dawn lineage which has had a profound impact on magick the last century. Thelema also uses it, though not in the same way.

Said it better than I could, thanks :)

[

I'm a Christian, and our symbol is the Cross, not the pentagram or pentacle.

Christianity has a 2000 year history that spans multiple cultures. Thus throughout those millinia it has aquired various symbols whithin it., to represent various ideas and notiins. The cross indeed is a christin symbol, so is the fish, for catholics who are rather rich in symbolism they have a wealth of other symbols to represent certain aspects. The sacred heart is one, the stygmta is another. The rose for mary is another. Protestantism is a new kid on the block, (looking at a time line, form 1 A.D. to the reformation...is a span of close.to 1500 years give or take. and thus doesnt posses the same variety of symbols as older varients do. The pentagram was a christian symbol and accepted as one for most the midde ages and the renassance through the enlightenment in euroope. This only began to change in the 19 century when it began to be superceded by other symbols in main stream christianity, thus its other use, the occult use continued. And now generally is only used as an occult symbol. Or as a religious symbol in neo pagan religions ie wicca. The cross, is also a duel symbol. It is a christian symbol as well as a very deep and very much used occult symbol in almost all magick of the western esotaric tradition. Besides ogdoadic and neo pagan forms of it. Both the cross and the pentagram pre date christianity, (anybfirst year egyptology course makes this rather clear, the archeological record is extant.). though these synbols once fused with christianity aquired different meanings to christians. The ankh of egypt is an example of a pre christian use of a cross, the pentagram was used in pythagarian phiosophy and in some varients of neo platonism prior to the acendency of christianity in Roman empire.

In the Christian worldview, those are all satanic religions.
Be that as it may. Im simply awnswering your question what other religions use it. Wicca is not a satanic faith. It doesnt even claim to be, it is true satanic and lucifarian (there is a difference) adherents use the inverted pentagram, other faiths like wica use it right side up. Satanist alao use the inverted cross,

I don't know on what the police based their conclusion about satanic worship, other than the pentagrams that were mentioned. There might have been more evidence or statements pertaining to that conclusion. There's so much going on in those photos, and I'm sure we don't see everything that they saw there.

Regardless, the woman obviously has mental problems whether or not her stuff has any real religious meaning. It means something to her but who really knows what that is in her mind?

Until we have more evedence, indeed who knows.

Back