Emergency Room Waiting

yagazn

Reaction score
Do you have E.R waiting experience before?

People waiting in ER for like 45 minute, 1 hours or so.

I read article from google internet. People couldn't stand waiting so long while feeling sick or complaining of chest pain or whatever happens.

Hospitals work to improve ER wait times - Nightly News with Brian Williams- msnbc.com

Emergency Room Waiting Times Increasing Nationwide

(People wrote 27 comment on this)
Emergency room wait times getting longer - White Coat Notes - Boston.com

yea old news. i've waited for about 2 hours for my painful ear infection. but in a few years - my waiting period will probably be about 1 min. Just waiting for my semi-gf's sister to become a doctor.

When I was in ER few months ago, it took them about 5 hours to finally see me and I was in extreme pain then.

ER waiting times will get longer. Due to people losing jobs and insurances. They can no longer pay upfront for their primary private Dr. The E.R. has to see the person regardless of inability to pay.

So Wait time will be much longer.

Some visit waits are longer than others; cases are prioritized; for example, if you have an earache but someone who, comes in after you has been seriously stabbed, that person will get cared for before you.

Some visit waits are longer than others; cases are prioritized; for example, if you have an earache but someone who, comes in after you has been seriously stabbed, that person will get cared for before you.

this is true. when i visited the ER for severe pain in my left arm, i had to wait about 1 and a half hours to see a doctor.

the next time i went to the ER with a high fever and vomiting, i was taken immediately.

Yep, triage comes first which is top priority for patients, while non life threatening will be treated after they taken care of most critical patients. That's how waiting time takes longer. In the 80's I used to wait 5 hours to see a doctor when I had an accident in school when I got hit in the head in recess.

Also to point out, some hospitals no longer provide E.R., so have to go to another hospital for E.R. which is a hassle. I know one local Kaiser Hospital no longer provide E.R so has to drive to another town for E.R. Pretty much many hospitals are clogged with E.R. Patient that makes waiting period longer.

Yeah, The waiting time in the ER varies, depending on the severity of each patient's health issue.

Most of the time, When I go to the ER - my waiting time would usually be between 2 to 3 hours. It also depends on how busy the ER is as well.

When my oldest son (He was around 2 at that time) had a bad fall and had his bottom lip busted wide open, He was immediately brought in the ER within few minutes.

There's one thing I do know - If a person comes in with a chest pain, they are to be immediately admitted in the ER.

So the moral of the ER story is the longer you have to wait, the better cuz you are not hurt/sick very severely.:lol:

There you go. That is why they triage.

There you go. That is why they triage.

Yeah, at my job before retiring I was on a natural disaster committee and in the emergency kits we had, there were multi-colored triage cards; I don't need to say what the black ones represented.

Yeah, at my job before retiring I was on a natural disaster committee and in the emergency kits we had, there were multi-colored triage cards; I don't need to say what the black ones represented.

Nope, that is pretty self explanatory!

And, I think we need to keep in mind that it is called and Emergency Room for a reason. They are there to treat life threatening emergencies first.

here we have crazy wait times...i once had to wait after an ASTHMA attack like 2 hrs i had pneumonia and had an asthma attack and had to wait 5 hrs just to get into a room and then another 2-3 to see a dr and then i was finally admitted the wait times here are badddd

here we have crazy wait times...i once had to wait after an ASTHMA attack like 2 hrs i had pneumonia and had an asthma attack and had to wait 5 hrs just to get into a room and then another 2-3 to see a dr and then i was finally admitted the wait times here are badddd

U had to wait 5 hours with an asthma attack?? Why? That's messed up!

If it is any consolation, Alicia, most probably the long wait was due to folks getting in ahead of you who were in worse shape. I'm sure it didn't feel that way to you at the time. Human nature, I guess....

If it is any consolation, Alicia, most probably the long wait was due to folks getting in ahead of you who were in worse shape. I'm sure it didn't feel that way to you at the time. Human nature, I guess....

Asthma attack??? That is a life threatening condition! 5 hours is not excusable...

Asthma attack??? That is a life threatening condition! 5 hours is not excusable...

I don't think an asthma attack is the same thing as going into shock....isn't that the next worse stage of an asthma attack?

for those who do not know what multi-colored triage cards are....

219px-Deconference-2002-triage-tag.jpg

Back