Hearing babe lookin for a friend :)

Because I met a guy who is deaf and he taught me how to sign. I loved it. He was so much fun and I loved the culture and everything. I want to learn more. Unfortunately, he moved away. So I don't havemy friends anymore. And I'm looking for a new one :)

Because I met a guy who is deaf and he taught me how to sign. I loved it. He was so much fun and I loved the culture and everything. I want to learn more. Unfortunately, he moved away. So I don't havemy friends anymore. And I'm looking for a new one :)

Ok. So maybe you had a friend who you liked who had lost a finger in a lawn mower accident.

That's pretty much just a surface charateristic, just like being deaf.

I assume just because you thought the 9 fingered friend was funny, you don't automatically think everyone with that characteristic is a laugh riot?

Haha. I'm here. Just been busy sorry.
Steel x, thank you. I'm 22.

Actually, I think Steel X was asking how old the horse is! :giggle:

Ah, don't mind me, I'm just being silly. Is it still Saturday?

Ok. So maybe you had a friend who you liked who had lost a finger in a lawn mower accident.

That's pretty much just a surface charateristic, just like being deaf.

I assume just because you thought the 9 fingered friend was funny, you don't automatically think everyone with that characteristic is a laugh riot?

Jeez. Well obviously everyone is different. Don't give me grief for trying to make a friend who I can sign with.

Jeez. Well obviously everyone is different. Don't give me grief for trying to make a friend who I can sign with.

Grief? No just pointing out your logic. I see lots and lots of people like you.

Yeah.:) I wouldnt worry about it at all. Everyone's different, and some are "hard" on others in this particular situation. I don't know why, heh.

I'd prefer to welcome more people into the culture than giving them the stiff finger.

Caroleee..ya are doing okay.. ya're making good friends... I'm sure it will be worth it..

Carolee, you can teach me to sign. I only know close to 200 signs now. But, am not good with conversations. I'm HOH. :)

Yeah.:) I wouldnt worry about it at all. Everyone's different, and some are "hard" on others in this particular situation. I don't know why, heh.

I'd prefer to welcome more people into the culture than giving them the stiff finger.

Well thank you. I'm pretty sure that's what forums are all about.
And thank u sharky. :)

smithtr is a native signer and a cute young man. :aw:

Hello Hearing babe AKA Carolee,

I am hard-of-hearing, currently reside in the Republic of Texas (yes, does not exist but in my mind, should), and I naturally do not sign but speak somewhat very well. You are very welcome to talk to me on Yahoo! Messenger if you wish. PM me for my address if you want.

I'm surprised that someone, with an equestrian history, would be joining a forum comprised of HOH or Deaf people. Then again, wonders can never cease in this world.

Without further ado, you definitely do describe yourself accurately in your topic header as a hearing babe. :)

Hello Hearing babe AKA Carolee,

I am hard-of-hearing, currently reside in the Republic of Texas (yes, does not exist but in my mind, should), and I naturally do not sign but speak somewhat very well. You are very welcome to talk to me on Yahoo! Messenger if you wish. PM me for my address if you want.

I'm surprised that someone, with an equestrian history, would be joining a forum comprised of HOH or Deaf people. Then again, wonders can never cease in this world.

Without further ado, you definitely do describe yourself accurately in your topic header as a hearing babe. :)

o.O Are you also saying HOH/Deaf people wouldn't be able to deal with equines?

o.O Are you also saying HOH/Deaf people wouldn't be able to deal with equines?

Nope. I was just surprised that someone with the time for equestrian riding would be interested in a forum. I was just surprised, that's all. Of course deaf/HOH can deal with equines but then again everyone has their own surprises. You'd be surprised one day if someone you thought wouldn't come into this forum might post, and you just may make a statement like I did. ;)

my horse is deaf :D

Haha, cute. Your horse has a lot to show and deafness is not the issue. It's the abilities and talents of each person, or horse, to succeed. :) I'm sure he's one fine horse.

Nope. I was just surprised that someone with the time for equestrian riding would be interested in a forum. I was just surprised, that's all. Of course deaf/HOH can deal with equines but then again everyone has their own surprises. You'd be surprised one day if someone you thought wouldn't come into this forum might post, and you just may make a statement like I did. ;)

Haha, cute. Your horse has a lot to show and deafness is not the issue. It's the abilities and talents of each person, or horse, to succeed. :) I'm sure he's one fine horse.

Just so you know.. I know people of every walk of life uses forums. (Even the Amish people!) In that regard I would never make that sort of comment.

Well thank u. Yeah my horse can still do everything else other horses can. He's still very much capable.

Back