The Last Drawing

softabak

Reaction score
Good morning! This is my first art post. It is done in pen and ink. I was working on this while laying next to my best friend in his last days. I never finished it and have decided to leave it as is. I miss him dearly and dedicate this to him. It is titled The Last Drawing.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Last Drawing.jpg
    Last Drawing.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 187
that is amazing pic,i very sorry for your loss but give it some thought before you say no finish it,i like to think death is not the end and we go on in spirit form and your friend is nearbye.. At the moment it an awsome picture powerful and very beatiful but dont leave it unfinished put life into those eyes please,they gateway to the soul,dedicate it to your friend and it be a master piece.
that is my opinion but you must do what you feel is right for you and this is early days..never give up,God bless

Indeed. Everything must come to an end, but with every ending comes a new beginning.

It's a beautiful inspiring artwork you did for someone you love and I am impressed how this unique artwork style to me does not look unfinished. It also beautifully how you name the artwork "The Last Drawing" as well. :)

It's a beautiful inspiring artwork you did for someone you love and I am impressed how this unique artwork style to me does not look unfinished. It also beautifully how you name the artwork "The Last Drawing" as well. :)

Thank you!

that is amazing pic,i very sorry for your loss but give it some thought before you say no finish it,i like to think death is not the end and we go on in spirit form and your friend is nearbye.. At the moment it an awsome picture powerful and very beatiful but dont leave it unfinished put life into those eyes please,they gateway to the soul,dedicate it to your friend and it be a master piece.
that is my opinion but you must do what you feel is right for you and this is early days..never give up,God bless
While I agree on that part, I would also have to say that leaving it like it is might be a good idea as well.

It shows that while there's life (white) and death (black), there's still color in our lives... memories... etc.

So, that picture can symbolize life and death... and the memories that go with it. Like a twist. :)

While I agree on that part, I would also have to say that leaving it like it is might be a good idea as well.

It shows that while there's life (white) and death (black), there's still color in our lives... memories... etc.

So, that picture can symbolize life and death... and the memories that go with it. Like a twist. :)

Very true! I just can't bring myself to work on it anymore. It just doesn't feel right. I have a feeling he would have liked it better this way anyways. :)

art is subjective...i seen your deviant art and that amazing....i bit ignorant on art wish i knew more,i know what i like and to know reasons behind pics makes them more understandable and intresting,this pic certainly leaves you wondering and maybe that what art is about...if you went back to it in few years time it leaves the viewer curious.it a story about a part of your life at a point of anguish,when the anguish pass (and it will) then what will the eyes reflect.

art is subjective...i seen your deviant art and that amazing....i bit ignorant on art wish i knew more,i know what i like and to know reasons behind pics makes them more understandable and intresting,this pic certainly leaves you wondering and maybe that what art is about...if you went back to it in few years time it leaves the viewer curious.it a story about a part of your life at a point of anguish,when the anguish pass (and it will) then what will the eyes reflect.

I don't think anyone is ignorant to art. Art is how you understand it individually. I was told I was ignorant when I was in art school (I ended up dropping out). They said this because I said I had no interest in abstract art.

I think once the anguish is passed, you only have the good memories to dwell on. Saying goodbye is a little easier because you know you'll see them again someday.

Dear Softabak, I fealt compelled to send you message, 1st off I feel admiration towards you, to be able to talk about such a sensitive and emotional side of your life must have been so so difficult, I know this because I,ve been where you are now, oh boy it bring it all back, but somehow we manage to find strength to move forward however the people we love always stay in our hearts and inspire us.

With regard to your art work, "wow", I also have a passion for contemporary and fine art.. I,m Stuck for words this picture exubes so much about you and how you were feeling during your time with your best friend during his last days with you by his side. He will be so proud of you for having the courage to share your feelings. You take care. I should of introduce myself to the group 1st, I will do this today Thankyou for sharing experience with the whole group. God bless you X

Softabok, first of all, I want to express my sorrows for your loss of your special one. You have done a beautiful job drawing this and it really express what you felt during the time his death was near. Good job!

Wow! Softabak, this is awesome. And I think it does, while being actually unfinished, not look unfinished. Rather... it may show and at the same time contradict the transience of life.

I must admit, the first thing I thought was how great it would be as a tattoo design.

Last but not least, I wish you all the strength needed to deal with the loss of a best friend.

Thank you everyone for your kind words! I apologize for taking so long to answer back!

Incredibly beautiful dedication. The picture is truly stunning--it's sad and beautiful and visually amazing all at once. I like it the way it is.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Incredibly beautiful dedication. The picture is truly stunning--it's sad and beautiful and visually amazing all at once. I like it the way it is.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Thank you for your kind words! He was very dear to me. :)

your pic open my eyes to deviant art and now i can't get enough of it,soooo talanted insightful and DAM GOOD.
how are you doing?a crass question i know but is the pain getting more tolerable....please post more pics

your pic open my eyes to deviant art and now i can't get enough of it,soooo talanted insightful and DAM GOOD.
how are you doing?a crass question i know but is the pain getting more tolerable....please post more pics

Thank you! Yes Deviantart is a wonderful site! I need to make use of it more! I am doing well thank you! It's very cold here in Canada, but I love it!

Back