New idea to feel sound, submission

feelSound

Reaction score
I'm not hearing impaired, but I have wanted to bring more of a musical experience to deaf. I have worked in car audio for over a decade, in that time I have installed sub-woofer systems for hearing impaired. I learned that feeling the bass was like hearing the music. The problem is that there is a lot of frequencies that can not be felt. After years of brain storming I came up with a vest that would reproduce sound at a much lower frequency so the wearer would feel the full spectrum of music and all other sounds. I submitted the idea on Quirky.com for development consideration. Please visit link, log in via Facebook (no need to register), then vote. Please link, I only have 3 more days for votes. Please let me know what you think, and if I need to add/subtract anything. Note: this idea could be adapted to a blanket for use in bed. https://www.quirky.com/invent/1367818/action/vote/query/view=trending&categories=all

Last edited:
The link for Quirky has been disabled due to the end of community feedback. thanks to all who voted, and I hope this idea will lead to a number of tactile sound products for the hearing impaired.

I am hoh and there is no way I would that this in my car . I want to be able to hear what is going on around me in the traffic.

Back