Finlay's tumor is CANCER!!

whatdidyousay!

Reaction score
I got 'The Call' from the vet today, and the vet told me that he has only seen two dogs with the kind of cancer my dog has Finlay is the second one. Finlay cancer can spread to other body organs, and it may had already spread! My sweet handsome doggie has about 2 weeks or a month to live. I was told he will stop eating and when that happen it will be time to let him go. How do you say good bye to your best friend ! I will being spend more time with Finlay so I will not be on line a lot. I want to thanks everyone for all your support in this most difficult time .

I've been through this. In 2002 I lost my Border Collie, Boots, to kidney failure. She was 17 years old. I know how difficult it is, letting go of your best friend. The vet let me hold her until it was over.

Spend as much time as you need with Finlay.

Keeping you in my thoughts.

Sorry to hear about that! There are no easy tasks of how to make things easier. He has a good life!

Oh man. This news sucks. I am so sorry for this.:(

I'm really sorry, too. I've been through this as well. It's never easy saying goodbye. :( Please be with Finley and do what is best for him. :hug:

Very sorry to hear.

Spend as much time as you can with him.

One more thing, make certain you can be with him when they put him down. Do not leave him to take the final walk alone. You know he would be there for you.

One more thing, make certain you can be with him when they put him down. Do not leave him to take the final walk alone. You know he would be there for you.

This sounds a little guilting to me. If someone can't bear to watch the process, they shouldn't have to. Putting a beloved animal down is the hardest thing one will ever do. Sometimes, just knowing that you've done the best for them is enough, and, THEY know you've done the best you can for them. Being with the animal in the final moment, should be the decision of the person based on what is easiest for them and their situation.

This sounds a little guilting to me. If someone can't bear to watch the process, they shouldn't have to. Putting a beloved animal down is the hardest thing one will ever do. Sometimes, just knowing that you've done the best for them is enough, and, THEY know you've done the best you can for them. Being with the animal in the final moment, should be the decision of the person based on what is easiest for them and their situation.

If that is his choice, to avoid it, no worries to me. I stressed that he should have the option from the vet. I would want to be there. Perhaps it sounds like I am being callous. Not my intention.

I was with my Lhasa Apso when she had to be put to sleep at 16. I didn't want to and I was crying a lot. The vet said it would be better for me to be there so I would understand it did not hurt her.

I was petting her and I didn't even know she was dead until the vet told me. So it was true it did not cause her pain. She had stomach cancer..

I was with my Lhasa Apso when she had to be put to sleep at 16. I didn't want to and I was crying a lot. The vet said it would be better for me to be there so I would understand it did not hurt her.

I was petting her and I didn't even know she was dead until the vet told me. So it was true it did not cause her pain. She had stomach cancer..
I would want to share that final walk. I know it is hard. Heck, I would mourn more over my dog dying compared to some of my close relatives. I realize it ain't for everyone, but it really helps begin the acceptance process.

I would want to share that final walk. I know it is hard. Heck, I would mourn more over my dog dying compared to some of my close relatives. I realize it ain't for everyone, but it really helps begin the acceptance process.
deleted

If that is his choice, to avoid it, no worries to me. I stressed that he should have the option from the vet. I would want to be there. Perhaps it sounds like I am being callous. Not my intention.

Oh, defintely. The OPTION should be there. I agree with you on that, but a person shouldn't HAVE to if they can't do it. That's all I was stressing about it. No worries.

I will be with Finlay when the time come , my daughter will be with me to drive me home. I know I not be able to drive as I will be a mess. When the vet called I did not want to anwer the phone ,when i sae Finlay pee blood the first time , I knew it was not good and it had to be cancer. I justdid not want to face it! Thank you everyone ,it help to know people are here . I better sign off to take Finlay out.

Terribly sorry to hear the result wasn't good. I hope Finlay's passing will be a peaceful one. We're thinking of you.

Back