Deaf events in Atlanta

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
I just ask about any deaf events in Atlanta since I live about 2 hours away from Atlanta and need find more information about deaf events.

I had heard that deaf event in Atlanta is pretty big but not bigger as in DC or Austin.

For anyone who from Atlanta or southeast states, have you went to deaf event before and how is deaf event in Atlanta?

Hi Foxrac, yes, there are plenty of Deaf events going on in and around the Atlanta area.

Are you looking for specific events or?

DeafNation Expo is hosting the Expo in Atlanta's southside later this month. There is a "Deaf Awareness Day" that is planned at the Six Flags over Georgia Amusement Park in Atlanta's westside in May and also at Six Flag White Water park in Marietta, I believe in June.

I have had been to several Deaf events over the years. I have found most people in the Marietta/Cobb area (NW suburbs) to be more friendlier than the people in the Gwinnett area (NE suburbs). But again, I have not been to many events throughout the Atlanta area and even elsewhere in Georgia.

It seems that the Mall of Georgia in Gwinnett (Buford) is and still is the most popular hangout for the Deaf from around the Atlanta area, Georgia and other states.

A group recently started Atlanta's first known "Deaf Professional Happy Hour" (DPHH) event, which is held every month.

Hi Foxrac, yes, there are plenty of Deaf events going on in and around the Atlanta area.

Are you looking for specific events or?

DeafNation Expo is hosting the Expo in Atlanta's southside later this month. There is a "Deaf Awareness Day" that is planned at the Six Flags over Georgia Amusement Park in Atlanta's westside in May and also at Six Flag White Water park in Marietta, I believe in June.

I have had been to several Deaf events over the years. I have found most people in the Marietta/Cobb area (NW suburbs) to be more friendlier than the people in the Gwinnett area (NE suburbs). But again, I have not been to many events throughout the Atlanta area and even elsewhere in Georgia.

It seems that the Mall of Georgia in Gwinnett (Buford) is and still is the most popular hangout for the Deaf from around the Atlanta area, Georgia and other states.

A group recently started Atlanta's first known "Deaf Professional Happy Hour" (DPHH) event, which is held every month.

I'm looking for deaf event at restaurant, mall, entertainment. etc.

What's DPHH means?

What about Lenox Square in Buckhead district? Not many deaf people as at Mall of Georgia?

Thanks for more info and why does deaf people in NW suburb is more friendlier than in NE suburb?

DPHH = Deaf Professionals Happy Hour = a group of deaf professionals gathering together at bars

I just moved to the atlanta area

I just moved here an am interested in Deaf events that my hearing husband could also attend. He knows a kittle sign and is learning more every day (I have known ASL and English since I was little but my hearing got much worse as a teenager and now I rely on visual communication much more.)

Back