Well.....

candybrowneyes

Reaction score
I'm not even sure how to begin this, so I'll just come out with it. Over the last few months I have debated giving up my mod status here on AD. But I think now is definitely the right time to do so. When I came here, everyone here saved me... You all helped me learn and grow in my new life as someone who was once hearing but is now deaf. I wasn't sure where I was going in my life, but with the friendships I formed and the knowledge I have received from each of you I know that I will be alright. I have made lifetime friends here.

So, I resign as a super mod with some dignity of everything I once believed in here. Over the last few months I lost a lot of respect for things happening here. I am a good hearted person, I hate watching people take advantage of other people. This job becomes stressful. Who is right and who is wrong, only to be yelled at by people after making a decision I know was right. It happens more often than not. 90% of the people here are grown people. Some who can not step out of their norm and see what it's like on each side of the wall. I never thought in a million years I could say and mean it, that I'm fortunate to have the chance to lead a life that was on one side and then the other.

I'd never tell people what is right and wrong. Opinions will always be different... People will always disagree.. Which is what has brought me to this point. I don't agree with how this site is being ran... I do have the utmost respect for Alex, don't get me wrong.. I just can't be a part of a site where lines are being crossed and people are getting hurt and lied to.

I do however wish everyone light and happiness and wish you all well. I loved modding this site..

Oxoxox

CBE
:ty::ty:

live long and prosper, love

Thank you for your service as a Mod. :ty:

Best wishes to you in your future endeavors. :)

I think you're awesome as a mod. I respect your decision though. I don't like what's going on here at AD so I haven't posted as much as in the past.

CBE, I have more respect for you than just about anyone I have ever met on line. You rock! :(

Same as Skeptic here, I too have felt the need to move on but I keep hoping for change. You were one who helped make alldeaf feel AllDeaf. It was nice to deal with you and thank you for your years of great work and fairness here and service to our online deaf/Deaf community.

Whine! Okaaaaay... I will be surely miss you and you are a great MOD over the years!

:aw: I'll think of you and wish you the best. Many thoughts here are similar to mine. :ty:CBE.....

inoutwavey.gif

So, I resign as a super mod with some dignity of everything I once believed in here. Over the last few months I lost a lot of respect for things happening here. I am a good hearted person, I hate watching people take advantage of other people. This job becomes stressful. Who is right and who is wrong, only to be yelled at by people after making a decision I know was right. It happens more often than not. 90% of the people here are grown people. Some who can not step out of their norm and see what it's like on each side of the wall. I never thought in a million years I could say and mean it, that I'm fortunate to have the chance to lead a life that was on one side and then the other.

I'd never tell people what is right and wrong. Opinions will always be different... People will always disagree.. Which is what has brought me to this point. I don't agree with how this site is being ran... I do have the utmost respect for Alex, don't get me wrong.. I just can't be a part of a site where lines are being crossed and people are getting hurt and lied to.

I totally agree with the items above. That is why I stopped posting here awhile ago. The last couple months looked like someone came in and cleaned up.

Being a moderator is a thankless job, most people do not realize how stressful it is, and moderators are NOT getting paid to deal with the crap either.

Now that you are quitting, I am wondering if this site is going back to the old ways....if that happens, I am out of here for good. I thought this site was around for the deaf to help the deaf & others, but it was more like a bash-fest on anyone that sees things differently.

Thanks for your efforts...hopefully someone will take your place and be as nice & good as you were.

:ty::ty:

I echo green's sentiments! Best wishes to you, CBE!

Hey Candy....just loved ur scren name "CandyBrownEyes"....and I'll note that IMO, you were a good Mod...fair and unbiased....and being true to thine ownself is the best route to take.....

Adios and farewell!....Surely, you'll be missed, but not forgotton....and still hope to see you around AD sometimes.

Last edited:
Back