lots of feedback with hearing aids

itsholly

Reaction score
i wear oticons safaris 900 . but latley ive been noticeing alot of feedback like when my hand comes close to the ear molds they are in the canal soft ones with the gold thing in it idk what that is exactley the gold thing is for LOL iam just not sure what to do like when its windy they make like a whistiling noise cant really explan it iam justt wondering if maybe i need diffrent earmolds or something mine also have like a hole in them i think they call it a vent ?

Are you molds old? they might need replacing. I would also inspect your tubes for cracks, in the past when i got cracks in the tube i either got lots and lots of feedback or the feedback control in the ha's turned them down to almost off. with the vent, how big is it and how much hearing loss do you have?

there brand new so are the hearing aids moderate to severe loss vent is semi small

I am no audi but it sounds to me like the mold either might not have a good fit/incorrect style for you or the vent might be too big/ to test try some blutac over the vent and see the feedback stops, if it does it must be the vent, if it doesnt it must be the fit or style of the mold

I argee with the others but next time, ask yourself, "is the earmold in all the way?"
that's what I always do.

My HAs are more powerful, but I always get some feedback when I put my hands close to my ears - even if my earmolds are new.

All powerful hearing aids will squeal if you put your hand over the earmold. Shrunk or ill-fitting molds make it much worse, if your molds are brand new, have them checked.

I have (or had) a trick where i would coat the canal part of the mold with Neosporin and if it reduces the squealing, then I know that the mold is too small. Every single new mold I've gotten has given me earaches, so the Neosporin helps the transition.

One cause of the molds not fitting right is you moving around during the fitting process, and any slight movements can distort the mold, causing the finished product to be distorted.

All powerful hearing aids will squeal if you put your hand over the earmold. Shrunk or ill-fitting molds make it much worse, if your molds are brand new, have them checked.

I have (or had) a trick where i would coat the canal part of the mold with Neosporin and if it reduces the squealing, then I know that the mold is too small. Every single new mold I've gotten has given me earaches, so the Neosporin helps the transition.

One cause of the molds not fitting right is you moving around during the fitting process, and any slight movements can distort the mold, causing the finished product to be distorted.

I use Neosporin also when the molds are hurting my ear.

I agree that she should go back to the audie and have new impressions made. There is a timeframe for which you can get new molds done w/o extra cost. I've had to do this on more than one occasion. If the audie did not do an open mouth impression, she might want to try that.

My HAs are more powerful, but I always get some feedback when I put my hands close to my ears - even if my earmolds are new.

Same here. So when I hug family and friends, they squeal in delight at my "love meter" going off :)

Same here. So when I hug family and friends, they squeal in delight at my "love meter" going off :)

I love this!!! I am soooo going to steal this quote!

Mine squeals too when hand is close to HA or have helmet on esp with powerful HA. However ever since I got these HA, it automatically corrects the squeals so its much less noticeable then old HA's. Also I agree with statement earmolds might be time for replacements. 6 months to a year seems to be on par for replacements but I admit I blow off that replacement schedule often due to costs. Also I noticed with softshells it squeals less or a combo of softest material in canal and outer part a bit harder material to hold molds in better helps too.

I only used neosporin when my molds start hurting or aggravating my skin so while my ear is trying to heal, i file down thee offending bump on mold to lessen pain and make appt. fpor a replacement. All I can say at this point, I am glad to know I'm not only one using neosporin.:D

thanks for this I have new ear molds that really have irritated my ears but they fit fine, these are hard in the ear type molds, not like my soft ones I had before :/ ill try the neosporin

thanks for this I have new ear molds that really have irritated my ears but they fit fine, these are hard in the ear type molds, not like my soft ones I had before :/ ill try the neosporin

I suggest very sparingly.

Yeah, it's a great chasity belt! My digitals are amazing, and don't squeal as much as they used to...and that's putting it mildly b/c I used to have issues with feedback from the time I was first fitted in '82.

For me, I have found the same issue whether with digital or analog. I found the best Audi ever that makes me wonderful molds, so that has helped sooo much. I am so thankful to have her after going thru Audi after Audi after Audi. Whew.

Back