I'm back!

mizwytch

Reaction score
Been gone a while and what a ride it's been! A lot has changed since I last had the chance and time to get online and come over to AllDeaf. :wave:

First off, we no longer live in Georgia anymore...we now live in a place called Grayson, Ky. Quite pretty, quite rural. LOL I was also blessed to have received some digital hearing aids and for the first time in a long time I can hear. It isn't perfect...and it won't last. Eventually even the auditory nerves will finally just quit working too...but I'm sucking it all up while I can. Going to concerts, reading stories to brand new great nephews, listening to the wind in the trees and the singing of the birds.

Still learning more and more sign language though...keeping that up as it is quite handy to have a nice quiet word with someone without everyone listening to what is being said. :naughty:

Also, I was told that I should consider eventually getting cochlear implants...anyone give me some pointers on that?

look around my friend because there's lots of CIers that can pop up like a ninja on the forums lol :)

When to consider a Cochlear Implant ? When your Hearing aids are of "novalue: hearing wise".
When does that occur?

Welcome back mizwytch

Last edited:
Back