ASL Swearing 101

SCBassist

Reaction score
Need to learn a few more useful ASL "conflict resolution" words? It was a trip seeing all these people tell of their fave swear sign. :D

[yt]JotiCxTjQ2Q[/yt]

Interesting, but I thought it was BSL with "wanker" and "piss off" which no one uses in America.

Bassist, just for clarification, do you know ASL at all? I hope you're not saying that was ASL in the clip.

Bassist, just for clarification, do you know ASL at all? I hope you're not saying that was ASL in the clip.

Not to the extent to fully communicate, I dropped learning ASL as it was never used, I am only around hearing people, and two, I use a CI. Since the vid was labeled ASL, I assumed it was, but this is for entertainment purposes only. If another form of sign was used, consider it learning such words from another sign format. ;)

Not to the extent to fully communicate, I dropped learning ASL as it was never used, I am only around hearing people, and two, I use a CI. Since the vid was labeled ASL, I assumed it was, but this is for entertainment purposes only. If another form of sign was used, consider it learning such words from another sign format. ;)

Ok, sure, understood. I watched most of the clip and saw only foreigners, mostly Brits, who of course, sign much differently than our ASL, PSE, etc....

The first video you just posted is in full BSl - it is similar to my AUSLAN :P

That was not Asl. I agree with the other poster, it looked a lot like BSL. Guy looked like a hearie to me too.

I bet he was a stupid hearie too! All the hearies ever want to know is the bad signs.

They weren't hearing. They are deaf... and BSL is similar to my AUSLAN language ;)

bloody hell! I met couple of those people during my trips out in Europe, I have seen the sign "Fuck off" in that sign and I love it when they swear.

That was not Asl. I agree with the other poster, it looked a lot like BSL. Guy looked like a hearie to me too.

Jasin, pls re-read the sequence of posts as they unfold!

Yep, that definitely looked to be British. Cool video though! :)

Back