CNN Poll: Obama approval up in wake of health care victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

jillio

Reaction score
For those that constantly post poll results and claim that they are valid and predictive:

Read it and weep!:giggle:

51 percent of Americans approve of the job Obama is doing in the White House, with 48 percent saying they disapprove. That 51 percent approval rating is up five points from a week ago, before Congress approved the health care reform bill and the president signed the legislation into law.
Eighty-six percent of Democrats questioned say they approve of the job Obama is doing, a surge of 12 points over the past week. The poll indicates that 47 percent of Independents approve of the president's performance, up 6 points in a week, and 12 percent of Republicans give him the thumbs up, basically unchanged from a week ago.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - CNN Poll: Obama approval up in wake of health care victory - Blogs from CNN.com

CNN Poll: Obama approval up in wake of health care victory

Well, according to those that put their faith in polls, this will start an upward trend.:giggle:

But the results here pretty much discount that hypothesis....they based their predictions on downward polls, and this one proves that their predicitons of a trend didn't play out at all.:laugh2:

Yeah...I know. Polls are what they are: a guestimate.

2012 is a long time a way. I expect him to win re-election though

2012 is a long time a way. I expect him to win re-election though

Really? I dunno, we'll see what happens... I don't disapprove of 100% of what he is doing, but if reelection were tomorrow, I'd probably write-in Willy Nelson, which I usually do when I am not happy with either candidate. Doesn't matter what the office is, it's still Willy Nelson for me. Hehe.

I don't see any strong GOP candidate emerging yet, though Scott Brown could definitely be the Republican version of Obama if he decided to run (quick rise to power, charismatic, populist, etc.).

Really? I dunno, we'll see what happens... I don't disapprove of 100% of what he is doing, but if reelection were tomorrow, I'd probably write-in Willy Nelson, which I usually do when I am not happy with either candidate. Doesn't matter what the office is, it's still Willy Nelson for me. Hehe.

I don't see any strong GOP candidate emerging yet, though Scott Brown could definitely be the Republican version of Obama if he decided to run (quick rise to power, charismatic, populist, etc.).

Yeah I joked about Scott Brown running two months ago......now dunno. I think Romney is still a possibility as is Bobby Jindal. I am surprised Lindsey Graham hasn't risen faster. He looked to be a future star back during the impeachment hearings.

Yeah I joked about Scott Brown running two months ago......now dunno. I think Romney is still a possibility as is Bobby Jindal. I am surprised Lindsey Graham hasn't risen faster. He looked to be a future star back during the impeachment hearings.

Romney... maybe, but the Mormon thing is not a good selling point among traditionally christian conservative who consider LDS as a cult. Jindal? No chance in hell. Lindsay Graham lost his relevancy a while ago.

Romney... maybe, but the Mormon thing is not a good selling point among traditionally christian conservative who consider LDS as a cult. Jindal? No chance in hell. Lindsay Graham lost his relevancy a while ago.

Yeah I know about Graham.....Just surprised....he started off strong.

Yeah I know about Graham.....Just surprised....he started off strong.

I think he's pissed off too many of the wrong people. Socially conservative but has a tendency to vote for fiscally liberal measures... that's not a very popular combination.

He'd probably make a good republican VP candidate, like Biden was for Obama, but he could never win a primary.

I agree with TheWriteAlex's assessment, if GOP wants to win, it should be Scott Brown.

I agree with TheWriteAlex's assessment, if GOP wants to win, it should be Scott Brown.

I am not sur a first term senator has the experience needed to become President.......I have a feeling a first term senator would really struggle.

I am not sur a first term senator has the experience needed to become President.......I have a feeling a first term senator would really struggle.

You actually think they CARE about that part if they want to see Obama out?

Lindsey Graham is not a conservative. He's strong for defense and military issues, and occasionally he hits it right but for the most part he's too liberal. He's not well-liked in South Carolina. He does get a lot of face time on TV.

Graham? No thanks. We need a candidate with real conservative values and beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back