Lego Imagination

Jiro

If You Know What I Mean
Premium Member
Reaction score
39 Creative Lego Advertisements - Creativty without bricks

Don't you remember when you played with lego as a kid... it was what we imagined it to be?

legoad2.jpg
legoad3.jpg

legoad4.jpg
legoad5.jpg

Yea, I had about 25 pounds worth of Legos. I remember playing with them when I was a kid. :) I sold it on Ebay long time ago when it wasn't needed for me.

Yep. I loved playing with LEGOS. now my son is doing the legos, well they are star wars now. :cool2:

The boys still play LEGO (my nephews) so Jamie's got to play too every once in a while :giggle: (me loves!!!)

JL

PS. Love the imagination LEGO

I remember those early LEGO sets that were so simplified.

LEGO has gone a long way. :)

legos are really good! i have too many legos from big size to tiny size. i hate tiny size that i often stepped on those tiny legos that hurt my feet like H3LL

I still have my legos. Nowadays when I walk by the lego aisle, I look at the specific and unique pieces and I just say to myself "You're so not a lego."

i hate tiny size that i often stepped on those tiny legos that hurt my feet like H3LL

My younger brother loved legos when he was a kid. Unfortunately, he'd leave them scattered all over which-a-way. Was a hilarious sight to see my mom step on them. :laugh2: She'd just about curse a blue streak.

I still have my legos. Nowadays when I walk by the lego aisle, I look at the specific and unique pieces and I just say to myself "You're so not a lego."
I still have some LEGO sets... they're all related to Star Wars. I do have one that's a sports motorcycle.

There are a few that I really want... one is the Star Wars Millennium Falcon that's HUGE! :)

I love going to LEGO Land in Orlando, Downtown Disney.

I still play with LEGOS with my Son, and preschoolers. :D

I plan on taking the boys to Legoland in Germany some time this summer vacation! Can't wait. (this thought came up, when Jiro posted this thread) :giggle:

Thanks Jiro :hug: (I'll make sure to get you some pics)

Jamie

On a serious note, I wish more kids would go back to the basics when it comes to toys: play doh, legos, Lincoln logs, etc. Nowdays it's all electronic games and shit. I heard a phrase once that is so true: The more battery power, the less brain power.

"Simple" toys that do not require batteries often encourage imagination, enriches language development, and increases fine motor and gross motor skills, and all that good stuff that kids need.

I try to encourage my kids to paint, play with play doh, blocks, dolls, balls, etc. We do have a few battery-operated toys (such as the keyboard) but I try to avoid those. I'm proud that my kids hardly own computerized toys and games. A $3 ball does more for the kid's development than a $300 game system. And that's been proven through research.

I plan on taking the boys to Legoland in Germany some time this summer vacation! Can't wait. (this thought came up, when Jiro posted this thread) :giggle:

Thanks Jiro :hug: (I'll make sure to get you some pics)

Jamie

:ily:

On a serious note, I wish more kids would go back to the basics when it comes to toys: play doh, legos, Lincoln logs, etc. Nowdays it's all electronic games and shit. I heard a phrase once that is so true: The more battery power, the less brain power.

"Simple" toys that do not require batteries often encourage imagination, enriches language development, and increases fine motor and gross motor skills, and all that good stuff that kids need.

I try to encourage my kids to paint, play with play doh, blocks, dolls, balls, etc. We do have a few battery-operated toys (such as the keyboard) but I try to avoid those. I'm proud that my kids hardly own computerized toys and games. A $3 ball does more for the kid's development than a $300 game system. And that's been proven through research.

wow. best post ever. +100 :yesway: Your post should be in every PARENTAL GUIDE books! Now that I look back to my childhood. I may be an example of what you just said above. Even though I had nintendo and gameboy, I played with toys/sports/bikes/etc. much much more than those silly devices. That probably contributed to my creativity and fine-motor skill.

btw - what's gross-motor skill?

True that!:bowdown:

The boys are constantly outside!!!! You never know where they are :giggle: At 7pm you start calling around the neighborhood to figure out where they are.

Every once in a while they are allowed to play DS or play one or two games on the Net... that's about it ;) I keep them pretty much entertained whenever I am around. During the week, they both have school and sports and music activities so there is no time to sit around and do nothing... or just watching TV or whatever... That's a life style they don't know and they are 13 and 15 years old! One has a gf now, so hm... that's bound to get interesting :laugh2:

But you are about right! Too many kids don't know what it is like to play without toys!!!

Amen to your post!

Jamie

Ah, I used to play with those when I was kid, darn those ol days... :lol:

I totally agree with you. I bought my two a yo-yo! Now they love it! They are learning new tricks as they go.

I taught my kids how to play Jacks, marbles, I encourage arts and crafts often.

My Daughter loves making Friendship bracelets. Etc.

Son creates with LEGOS.

My kids do have video games. I limit their time on the games. Especially my son. He gets glued to his DS at times.

:hmm: Maybe I should go buy Star Wars Lego game for PS3 or PSP. ;)

Back