Want to tutor/teach ASL online for Free

jnaert08

Reaction score
Hello!

I am a Deaf Education student and I am proficient in ASL. I have a strong passion for American Sign Language, and Deaf Culture. I really would like to tutor others online via webcam, but I'm not sure how to go about doing this. Any ideas would be strongly appreciated. I have checked Google, MSN, and Yahoo DeafTutor groups, but have had no luck.

Thanks so much!
-Jessica

wow

That is so interesting.

I am learning ASL still. I took classes (a few) ten years ago and I'm "rusty" with my skills.

Have you ever thought of posting lessons on YOU TUBE? I found some ASL songs interpreted there, and that was so awesome! Someone did two songs from my favorite '80's group Journey on there. :)

Hello!

I am a Deaf Education student and I am proficient in ASL. I have a strong passion for American Sign Language, and Deaf Culture. I really would like to tutor others online via webcam, but I'm not sure how to go about doing this. Any ideas would be strongly appreciated. I have checked Google, MSN, and Yahoo DeafTutor groups, but have had no luck.

Thanks so much!
-Jessica

Hi,,,can you private message me..its been a while since I have been on here and soem of my cbaitlies are not working. I'm interested in learning ASL online with you... Thanks!

Help!!!!!

Hi there my name is sara, I have been taking asl for a year now, and I am now taking an online asl class and I NEED HELP BAD, does anyone know where I can go to get help with these online videos I have to interpret? sara

YouTube

That is so interesting.

I am learning ASL still. I took classes (a few) ten years ago and I'm "rusty" with my skills.

Have you ever thought of posting lessons on YOU TUBE? I found some ASL songs interpreted there, and that was so awesome! Someone did two songs from my favorite '80's group Journey on there. :)

Hello! Sorry I am so late getting back with you. I haven't been on here in awhile. I haven't thought about putting lessons on YouTUbe but I have signed a few songs on there myself. I plan to do more now that summer is starting and I will have more free time. :)

Hi there my name is sara, I have been taking asl for a year now, and I am now taking an online asl class and I NEED HELP BAD, does anyone know where I can go to get help with these online videos I have to interpret? sara

Hey Sara! I will help you do whatever you need to do with these videos. I tried to send you a private message but it didn't work. Please email me if you still need help: j.naert08@gmail.com. I'd be glad to help you.

you could video chat through gmail

Video chat through gmail can be shaky. A lot of times the signs don't all come across clear or its very jumpy. Therefore, you miss a lot of the conversation.

I started a sign language website for my students with the desire that we would have the capability for them to connect with and chat with the Deaf community since they have no one where we live to practice with. I am working on teaching videos and there are others doing the same but mostly we have songs from students posted. I would LOVE for you to post some educational videos for my students if you are interested (signlanguagetube).

There are a few teachers on there who may be interested in having you be a virtual guest speaker/signer. I am finishing up the school year but I also teach ASL with Michigan Virtual School and would love to set up something where my students could contact you and chat or you could create a video for the class to watch. I'm hearing so most of these kids get no real interaction with the Deaf community b/c they are in very rural areas.

I think it's great that you want to help!

ASL tutor

hey jessica,

my name is jenna. i noticed your post about wanting to tutor for ASL online. i am an ASL student looking to keep up on my ASL through the summer until i can get back into school. if you are still interested in tutoring i would be very intereseted in setting up scheduled times.

i am new to this website and i am not entirely sure how it works yet. if you respond and for whatever reason i dont you can tru emailing me- i check it often.

jenna_bickley@yahoo.com

thanks for your time, i really hope to hear from you.

hi im rachel and im learning asl, but we only have our class once a week for 30 min during the school year during our off period. bur nw i will be going to a different school where they will not offer a club like this and we do not have a formal asl class anywhere in San Angelo. so if you would be willing to help me i would love it. im new on this site so im not sure really how to work this site so if you ar intrested in heling m could you either message me here or email me at rpipkin95@yahoo.com thanks-rachel

I think this is a great idea...but just FYI for the newbies ...you can't send private messages until you've reached 100 posts :)

Looking for ASL tutor

I'm looking for an ASL. I already know a little bit, but I want to be able to learn from a master.
:hmm:

@ Alicia: Thanks for the "PrivateMessage" info. I guess I will need to post more until I can private message someone.

@ Jessica: ASL tutoring would be great. My level is still too basic (not even ASL101) so I will study more in the next few weeks. Plus, if you have never been to Montreal before, summertime is too intense with festivals and activities so I fear I would not be the most disciplined student right now : (
But it would be something awesome by the end of the summer/beginning of fall for me to be able to have a tutor. I live in Montreal where LSQ rules so the ASL community is harder to reach. Here is my email address: williamhalexis@gmail.com.

It would be nice if you can contact me through that channel and let me know more about your tutoring service so that I can see how it would work (schedule, length, format, pedagogy, etc) and whether or not I would be a great fit.

Cheers,
William Hugo

Anyone want to tutor me? I need help with my ASL and would really like some help!

Back