Why Are Men Dominating the Debate About Birth Control for Women?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know that Christians support excessive interest charges. We oppose the use of pay day loans, car title loans, and loan sharks. One of my Christian friends is a lawyer who helps poor clients who have been taken advantage of by credit companies and banks.

Yep, and pawn shops.

That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. I'm sorry it's been your experience.
Since there is nothing negative about my experience, there's nothing to be sorry about. There's nothing negative about eternal joy and peace. :)

I hope one day you'll join us, and the world will live as one.
Life goes beyond John Lennon lyrics. :lol:

I used to be a non-believer, for the first 28 years of my life. I did much searching and research before accepting the Lord Jesus Christ as my Savior.

I'm secure in the hands of my Lord, so I won't be leaving Him. :)

That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. I'm sorry it's been your experience.

Science and reason are, by their very definition, the truth, and they have set me free from a world of myth and superstition. .

Tell that to the people on Pluto!

Btw are you referring to the same "science" that once thought lead could be turned into gold and earth was the center of the universe?

Since there is nothing negative about my experience, there's nothing to be sorry about. There's nothing negative about eternal joy and peace. :)

Same for me, which is why I gave you back your exact words to chew on.

Life goes beyond John Lennon lyrics. :lol:

yes, and Bible quotes, too. :lol:

I used to be a non-believer, for the first 28 years of my life. I did much searching and research before accepting the Lord Jesus Christ as my Savior.

I'm secure in the hands of my Lord, so I won't be leaving Him. :)

I've always been a believer in scientific thought and reason. It's been a continuous search for truth, and it's not over. I hope it is never over. Scientific inquiry is not about a destination, but a journey. It's enthralling, enlightening, and it gives meaning to my life, even if I am merely an amateur practitioner. I'm also fairly positive there's something beyond this world as well, but I certainly didn't arrive at that conclusion by reading a book about talking snakes and animated corpses.

Tell that to the people on Pluto!

:lol: good one.

Btw are you referring to the same "science" that once thought lead could be turned into gold and earth was the center of the universe?

No, I'm not referring to that "same science." Don't be obtuse.

Why the mocking? No one is mocking your beliefs.

First of all, YOU accusing anyone of mocking? That's rich. Really rich.

Secondly, please correct me if I'm wrong, but in the Bible the snake talks to Eve and Jesus animates the dead. Does he not? Hey, I didn't make this stuff up. If you find what I've written to be mocking, perhaps you yourself have a hard time believing it.

You do know that ALL forms of interest on money owed were outlawed for the first 500 years or so of the Christian empire, right?
Despite calling it a Christian empire, it was a secular government. Not all laws are about regulating sins, and not all sins are illegal in secular governments. Saying something is outlawed by a government doesn't mean it is a sin.

The OT laws were against wealthier Jews charging interest from their poorer brethren. They were allowed to charge interest of Gentiles.

"Unto a stranger thou mayest lend upon usury; but unto thy brother thou shalt not lend upon usury...." Deuteronomy 23:20

This outlawing of usury, as interpreted by early theologians to be Jesus' will (hey, the Bible does get some stuff right!), eventually became too inconvenient for the ruling class. But no matter. Don't let the "word of God" stop the bankers from controlling the world. . .
I thought you didn't want people using the Bible as basis for establishing laws? I thought you didn't want laws against activities that are labeled as sins?

If the bankers aren't Christians, then why would they obey the Word of God?

As to your "I don't know that Christians support" assertion. That's flippin' comical. I guess it's only the Jewish-controlled banks that charge outrageous interest rates, huh? :roll:
If someone professes that he or she is a born-again Christian, then he or she shouldn't be involved in any kind of unethical or illegal business dealings.

In our church, the pastor teaches that one should avoid getting into debt. He strongly discourages carrying a balance on charge cards or getting any kind of personal loans. Since borrowing money is legal in the USA, we can only counsel people to not borrow money but we can't force them not to.

No, it's not just Jewish-controlled banks but Gentile-controlled banks, too.

It's strange one would think the God who endorses rape, pillaging, torture, enslavement and murder would be the same one who would give them eternal peace and joy. Can't understand that kind of logic at all.

First of all, YOU accusing anyone of mocking? That's rich. Really rich.

Secondly, please correct me if I'm wrong, but in the Bible the snake talks to Eve and Jesus animates the dead. Does he not? Hey, I didn't make this stuff up. If you find what I've written to be mocking, perhaps you yourself have a hard time believing it.

My beliefs are strong, I was just curious as to why you felt the need to do so. Carry on. :)

Me, too. Being a Christian doesn't exclude that. They are compatible.

In general, I believe anybody's individual spiritual beliefs can, potentially, be compatible with science, but given the things you've said on this website over the years in regards to evolution, deep time, the possibility of life beyond earth, etc., I'd have to believe that with the above statement you either have a very poor grasp of the scientific process as it is generally accepted by 99% of scientists, OR you just cherry pick the parts of it that are convenient to supporting your religious beliefs and cast aside those parts that do not support it. I'm sorry to say, that is a compatibility issue you've got there.

Yes, carry on yourself. Troll. :)

I'm sorry you see my comments as trolling. I fully support your right to believe as you wish as well as your right to vote according to your beliefs.

I'm sorry you see my comments as trolling. I fully support your right to believe as you wish as well as your right to vote according to your beliefs.

To the death? Somehow I don't think so. :P

Oh no, a religious debate....

wirok5.jpg

Religious belief should never integrate with government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back