Jimmy Kimmel upset cause Dentist Walter James Palmer killed “Cecil the Lion”

The Joker

Reaction score
The Minnesota dentist who killed “Cecil the Lion” in Zimbabwe wrote a letter of apology to his patients Tuesday as a media firestorm continued to grow and his online business and social profiles were assailed with threats and hate messages.

Walter James Palmer, who paid about $50,000 to hunt the lion, used bait to lure the 13-year-old black-maned big cat out of Hwange National Park in early July so he could shoot it with a bow and arrow, authorities said.

In the letter to his patients at River Bluff Dental in Bloomington, Palmer again said he did not know Cecil was a well-known lion who had been collared for a study until he had finished the hunt. He made the same claim in a statement to the media eariler Tuesday.

“To my valued patients: As you may have already heard, I have been in the news over the last few days for reasons that have nothing to do with my profession or the care I provide for you,” he said in the message, obtained by local Fox affiliate KMSP.

“I don’t often talk about hunting with my patients because it can be a divisive and emotionally charged topic. I understand and respect that not everyone shares the same views on hunting,” he wrote.

http://news.yahoo.com/letter-to-pat...il-the-lion-s-death-apologizes-165511095.html

Jimmy Kimmel was upset about it.

are you upset about it too?

Dr. Palmer, a dentist from Minnesota should have obey the rules or laws from Africa. He did not have a hunting license to hunt outside of the park. He should not have done by baiting Cecil to come to the carcass when Cecil was hungry.

The weird thing is that Cecil was injured by the arrow that Dr. Palmer used the bow and arrow. Cecil suffered a lot for 40 hours, I think but then Dr. Palmer killed Cecil by using the gun. Also he and other "Poachers" tried to remove the location device from Cecil's neck but could not get it off. They cut her head off to get the device out.

I wish he would have gone to jail right in Africa or maybe transport him to USA to be in jail for what he done in Africa. He may be a big hunter but he was doing all the wrong things to animals mostly in the parks. We need the animals because they are going to be extinct or about to be vanished from their habitats. I am sad and maybe a little bit pissed off at Dr. Palmer. :(

Cecil has 6 lion cubs before she was dead. There was concern about her 6 cubs because the next lion will try to hurt or destroy the lion cubs to get into the bloodline of the pride referring to the female lion or lioness. At first I thought that Cecil was a male lion but if Cecil had cubs, then Cecil is a female lioness. Very interesting.

Dr. Palmer, a dentist from Minnesota should have obey the rules or laws from Africa. He did not have a hunting license to hunt outside of the park. He should not have done by baiting Cecil to come to the carcass when Cecil was hungry.

The weird thing is that Cecil was injured by the arrow that Dr. Palmer used the bow and arrow. Cecil suffered a lot for 40 hours, I think but then Dr. Palmer killed Cecil by using the gun. Also he and other "Poachers" tried to remove the location device from Cecil's neck but could not get it off. They cut her head off to get the device out.

I wish he would have gone to jail right in Africa or maybe transport him to USA to be in jail for what he done in Africa. He may be a big hunter but he was doing all the wrong things to animals mostly in the parks. We need the animals because they are going to be extinct or about to be vanished from their habitats. I am sad and maybe a little bit pissed off at Dr. Palmer. :(

Dr. Palmer used bow and arrow and then a gun to finish him off when they found him.

it sounds like you were unsure about what happened. my bad.

Cecil suffered a lot for 40 hours, I think.

I was surprised that Cecil was hurt for 40 hours which mean almost nearly 2 days before Dr. Palmer killed her with his gun. I guess that the Rangers did not suspect Cecil was missing and that it was too late to save her. :hmm:

cecil the lion

wdys is better putting link up..
This awful American dentist shot poor lion with bow and arrow it took 40hours to die then they decapitated and skinned him.
This man is known to do canned hunting something rich americans do I think advertising these safari is banned elsewhere.
Cecil well known lion with radio collor he was lured off the reserve and killed,sad thing all cecils cubs will now be killed by other lions
Only positive thing it now been high lighted about these safaris and canned hunting,now American people got demonstrate about barbaric hunting

The joker had started a thread about this , this is too upsetting for me to try and find a link. I don't understand killing beautiful animals just for the HELL of it! I feel anyone that kill an animal they do not plan on eating does this to made themselves feel powerful . They're really a loser to me!

Last edited:
I hope that dentist loses every one of his patients. I do feel sorry for his staff though!

The joker had started a threat about this , this is too upsetting for me to try and find a link. I don't understand killing beautiful animals just for the HELL of it! I feel anyone that kill an animal they do not plan on eating does this to made themselves feel powerful . They're really a loser to me!

the only positive thing is Canned hunting been brought to notice I hope it be banned..if joker said anything horrible about cecil I will not read thread

The joker had started a threat about this , this is too upsetting for me to try and find a link. I don't understand killing beautiful animals just for the HELL of it! I feel anyone that kill an animal they do not plan on eating does this to made themselves feel powerful . They're really a loser to me!

How did i threat?

Blaming the African authorities would be more appropriate than the dentist....

Blaming the African authorities would be more appropriate than the dentist....

They both deserve the blame, the African authorities for allowing it to happen and the dentist for taking part in the "hunt" for the sake of having another head on his wall of shame! Hopefully, his practice will fail and he will no longer be able to afford these sham "hunts."

the only positive thing is Canned hunting been brought to notice I hope it be banned..if joker said anything horrible about cecil I will not read thread

He didn't say anything horrible about it. Here's the thread he started.

Back