Hello everyone!

yellowwolf

Reaction score
Hi! I am 45 years old, a husband, a father of two, a 10 year old boy and a 19 year old girl. I have been interested in the Deaf culture since I was very young. I lived next door to some very good friends who where Deaf. I also had a cousin who was Deaf and spent time with her when I was young. I studied ASL many years ago but have just recently started studying again. I learned a few years back that I was moderately hard of hearing and that has rekindled my passion for learning ASL and about the Deaf culture. I had a rough time adjusting to my condition, but as time went on I learned to accept it and I have become passionate about Deaf and Hard of Hearing issues. I guess you could say I am an advocate now. I would really love to meet Deaf people and make some friends, especially in my area, Jasper Alabama. If anyone would like to talk I would greatly appreciate it. :P

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. I am surprise that you are in my social Group membership on your profile. I see your picture and wondering if you were young back then. So you are hard of hearing. Are you living on the reservation or just living Urban (city)? For me, I am living in Santa Fe which is Urban. My sister live here and work here.

I just moved here from Canada last September, 2013. I lived in First Nation reserve on the island (Lake Huron) where there are 5 First Nation reserves less than 20 years in Canada.

I hope you enjoy reading and posting here. Looking forward to reading your posts here. See you around here and in social group discussion. :) :wave:

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. I am surprise that you are in my social Group membership on your profile. I see your picture and wondering if you were young back then. So you are hard of hearing. Are you living on the reservation or just living Urban (city)? For me, I am living in Santa Fe which is Urban. My sister live here and work here.

I just moved here from Canada last September, 2013. I lived in First Nation reserve on the island (Lake Huron) where there are 5 First Nation reserves less than 20 years in Canada.

I hope you enjoy reading and posting here. Looking forward to reading your posts here. See you around here and in social group discussion. :) :wave:
Hi! I just wanted to clarify that I was only about 20 in that profile pic. I didn't mean to mislead anyone, I just like that pic better than my recent ones. I live in a rural area. I don't think I could make it in the city. We haven't been on the res. (in cherokee North Carolina) in years. Looking forward to hearing from you.

I realize that you have been here before back in 2011. So welcome back. yellowwolf, how come you were not much posting here? I think you were here before and I notice your threads in previous posts. Why are you waiting when you are not able to post more here? So come on and join the discussion. If you are interest in reading but don't want to discuss, then you have to start somewhere to discuss. I don't want to be the only Native discussing so you need to jump in.

If you are busy and not have time to come here, then that is okay. No problem. Just waiting for you to discuss.

As for the photo profile, I think that is really good picture when you were young. I am just an old woman, an Elder. I had lived on the First Nation reserve up the country which was rural. But now my husband had passed away, I felt that I should be with my own family in USA. I miss First Nation reserve. I enjoyed being there.

Come on and discuss, discuss and discuss! :D :wave:

Hi Bebonang!

You right I was posting back in 2011, but things took me away for awhile. I really glad to be back. I really didn't leave, I did not post for a while but I did continue to read. I was wrapped up in my writing, I was trying to finish a book that I had been working on. I also write poetry and short stories.

It is so good to hear from someone else who misses the that life. I guess I miss being in the mountains more than anything. All my family is here in Alabama and I have been longing to go back to North Carolina.

The other day I ran into an old friend who is from the North Alabama Cherokee Tribe and it was so good to see her. It is so good to talk to someone who understands and sees the world the way we do.

I plan to discuss more and I really am excited to talk with you more.

Steve.

Back