Sticker shock

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realize that it was the law even before Obamacare that a hospital had to accept patients regardless of insurance don't you?

You do realize that before Obamacare came on the map, there were no broke hospitals don't you?

You do realize that Bill Clinton tried to do the same exact thing - and doctors and people in the medical field were telling him it wasn't going to work? just like they were saying when Obama tried to pass the ACA?

Just like they are saying now? i would think that people in the medical profession would know a great deal more than Obama.

We do not have a healthcare crisis in America. We have a healthcare cost crisis. $300 for tylenol in the ER?

There were some hospitals closed in my state about long time before ACA passed.

Yup, we had too many hospitals here in Rochester, NY. Many of them went out of business, closed door forever. This includes one that had NYS state's top birthing center! Its sad that they closed their door, and that is where my first son was born, mind you that was 12 years ago and it was before Obama took the office.

There were some hospitals closed in my state about long time before ACA passed.

In our area, they keep building more hospitals and schools. Also, more houses and apartment buildings. (All of which means more traffic, ugh!)

Obamacare, doctor shortage could crash health care system - CNN.com

Doctor shortage, increased demand could crash health care system
By Jen Christensen, CNN
updated 5:37 PM EDT, Wed October 2, 2013

Lexington, Kentucky (CNN) -- Obamacare is expected to increase patient demand for medical services. Combine that with a worsening shortage of doctors, and next year you may have to wait a little longer to get a doctor's appointment. And the crowded emergency room may become even more so.

There are approximately 48 million uninsured people in the United States. When the mandatory insurance rules of Obamacare kick in next year, and a couple dozen states expand who is eligible for Medicaid, you can bet more people are going to want to use their health benefits.

In fact, so many people were anxious to get access to health insurance -- many for the first time -- when the insurance marketplaces opened Tuesday, more than a dozen of the websites experienced technical glitches.

.....full article at link

In our area, they keep building more hospitals and schools. Also, more houses and apartment buildings. (All of which means more traffic, ugh!)

South Carolina grew twice more than Alabama and it will likely for South Carolina to surpass to become 23rd largest state based on population.

I believe that South Carolina has many retirees and migrants from midwestern states and Latin America (Mexico).

Our state funding got cut that limit on hospital expansion and the hospital could expand without use state funds if they want, but it will be expensive.

Yup, we had too many hospitals here in Rochester, NY. Many of them went out of business, closed door forever. This includes one that had NYS state's top birthing center! Its sad that they closed their door, and that is where my first son was born, mind you that was 12 years ago and it was before Obama took the office.

Yes, it was horrible and our state funding got cut that limited on hospital expansion, or close the hospital.

I remember about Carraway Hospital went bankrupted and closed in 2008, about two years before ACA passed.

Nobody hiring full time? Why are you lying again? This is true BS!
That's between you and Stein but I want to let you know that USPS still hires people to work 30 hrs/wk only to replace retirees. They are called PSE, Postal Support Employee. Health benefits are offered to them but they don't get holiday pay and sick pay.

One, that is because USPS is broke, second the mail volume has decreased in the past and will continue to do so. They can't afford hire full time risking being stuck with them comparing to part timers in the event they may have to do massive lay offs. Layoffs though USPS will become inevitable, so don't count your job with USPS forever.

Not every employers would hire just part timers. There are STILL employers out there that hires full time and more. He said NONE which is not true, if he had said more and more then I could agree but not entirely. Sorry.

And while it is true that some positions would not hire as full time, and there is reason for that which have NOTHING to do with Obamacare

That's between you and Stein but I want to let you know that USPS still hires people to work 30 hrs/wk only to replace retirees. They are called PSE, Postal Support Employee. Health benefits are offered to them but they don't get holiday pay and sick pay.

One, that is because USPS is broke, second the mail volume has decreased in the past and will continue to do so. They can't afford hire full time risking being stuck with them comparing to part timers in the event they may have to do massive lay offs. Layoffs though USPS will become inevitable, so don't count your job with USPS forever.

Not every employers would hire just part timers. There are STILL employers out there that hires full time and more. He said NONE which is not true, if he had said more and more then I could agree but not entirely. Sorry.

And while it is true that some positions would not hire as full time, and there is reason for that which have NOTHING to do with Obamacare

I don't think CP will get laid off because he's disabled and USPS prefer to keep the job for disabled because majority of disabled are unemployed.

The thing I am curious about with the AFA is this: It is supposed to insure the uninsured.

The bulk of what I read coming from people is that they are insured and looking to better their deal with the AFA.

I do not blame them. Health care costs here in the US are too high. I have a health plan that when I am working is great. When I am not working it is uh oh how do I pay this? I pay it by opting for a high deductible catastrophic plan. This plan has a high cost as well but it keeps me eligible for the good even more expensive plan I get when I work so many hours.

I have as good a deal as the AFA will bring as long as I can hang onto it. What happens if I become disabled even more than I am while self paying my plan? Without the AFA I would just simply drop through the cracks and not be able to afford any kind of genuine health crisis.

I do not mind paying extra when I am working for a plan that would be there for me when crisis strikes and I am skeerooed. That is what investing in safety nets is all about.

I think we could have had a better set up than AFA but we got what we got.
The big business people hate it for one reason. It makes small business competitive with them. They have worked hard to keep small business people voting against their best interests and voting Republican. The big guys have America hostage right now and want to keep it that way. Successful small business competition and a frontal assault on big business buying of politicians is the only way to get our country back.

I know it does not just jump out at people how it works to make small business competitive. I am tired of writing - try looking at it from that the angle I am talking about. It is there.

Just a random southerner from South Carolina:

Mystery man mowing Lincoln Memorial lawn told to move on by park police - KansasCity.com

The CBS affiliate in Washington reports that the random mowing guy is Chris Cox, who is on a one-man mission to clean up the National Mall while Park Service employees are furloughed during the government shutdown.

Cox, who lives in South Carolina, told the news station that he wasn’t doing it for any political reasons, but just wanted the place to look nice when veterans attend the Million Vet March in D.C. this weekend.

"These are our memorials. Do they think that we’re just going to let them go to hell? No," he told All-News 99.1 reporter John Domen.

"If they shut down our memorials, we’re still going to take the trash out, we’re going to clean the windows, we’re going to cut the grass, we’re going to pull the weeds, we’re going to do the tree work."

If you are in the minority of Americans not already unalterably opposed to Obamacare, keep in mind that the only reason the government is shut down right now is that Democrats refuse to fund the government if they are required to live under Obamacare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back