Texas bill would reward companies

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not what article saying - they said state legislators want to reward the companies based on RELIGIOUS BELIEF - see I bolded in red.

I'm just following based on article, not your personal opinion.

Wirelessly posted

Some companies do not realize that it is much cheaper to pay for contraceptives than it is for people to have children that the parents can not afford to care for. So it falls on the tax payers.

So a reward system will bring relief and compliance of the companies. Good business all around.

This is what I like about the Texas law. It gives businesses a choice. If the business believes providing coverage is in their best interest they can comply with the mandate by providing coverage.

But, if your business does not believe providing coverage, they are allowed to comply with The mandate by paying the fine.

What Texas is saying is, If you choose to pay the fine, we will protect you from being at a disadvantage. The money you pay for that fine will be deducted from your state tax burden up to your entire tax burden.

So, in this case, Should Hobby Lobby relocate to Texas, they would still be required to pay the federal fines. Texas would merely credit their state tax burden for the amount they paid in fines.

So, no harm. The Feds still get there money and businesses are allowed the freedom to compete fairly and choose the strategy that is best suited for them.

That's not what article saying - they said state legislators want to reward the companies based on RELIGIOUS BELIEF - see I bolded in red.

I'm just following based on article, not your personal opinion.

And, as I have said, the Supreme Court rules on the application of a law. Not the wording of an article. The SC also must weigh how much say the federal government has in a state's ability to make its own tax laws. Historically the Supreme Court has leaned towards the states. As long as the state applies this law to all businesses that choose to pay the mandate penalty, which of course they would, this proposal would be perfectly constitutional on 1st amendment grounds.

I don't know how I can make this more clear. You have to focus on application....not the words of an article.

This proposed law is targeting at contraception only and the federal required all insurance companies to cover the contraception, not directly to businesses, but insurance have to pay for those. Hobby Lobby is business, not religious organization and they don't have rights to defy the regulation. They have to offer the coverage and still fighting in the court, so only court makes final decsion about whatever regulation should be enforced or not.

I'm unpleasant with Texas to use taxpayer's expense to reward the businesses for defy the federal regulation and agreed with businesses based on religious belief - especially contraception.

It is unconstitutional at overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back