Voter ID Laws Could Block Thousands From Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me thinks that you're just totally upset because of the voter surge for a particular candidate...and rightly so, if you're voting for the other candidate....but worry-less now....because the Left figured this was coming...so they encouraged voters to "vote early" before the ID Law was passed in some states.....:hmm:...and possibly the "early voters" voted again and again and again ??....

Doesn't really make sense to me to vote early, without all the debates and issues being set forth for consideration, tho'....It's just some voters are determined to keep a candidate in the WH no matter his track record for the past 4 horrible years.....

As for the poor or disadvantaged voters complaining they don't have the "proper ID"'...feel sure they had to have some form of ID in order to get Welfare/Food Stamps, etc....Unless they acquired them fraudlent....and of course, Welfare Fraud is rampant too....

Just goes to show how many of our American people are fraudsters, dishonest and greedy....

So let's cut to the chase and get our proper ID/birth certificates out and vote for the best candidate of our choice...and if someone you know, for some reason or the other does not have the proper paperwork...then help them to get it....Be it may your parents or friends....everybody needs to have some form of ID. If they don't, in most cases, something "shady" is going on...and that's being dishonest.

I have no opinion about early vote and I know some states have early vote for people who unable to vote on election day or not want in extreme long lines. I haven't reside in any states, even blue, have early vote option and my last time to vote without present the ID was in 2008. The absentee ballot is other option for people don't make on election day.

I'm not concerned with early vote because people can make it on election day, also it is possible to have early vote with mandatory voter ID. My concern is want all US citizens ability to vote without turn away, so lack of voter ID caused turned some honest, legit voters away and some handed over the provisional ballot, so it will not counted within day if they don't present in same day. I just want ensure all voters goes in without use of vote suppression.

For welfare, the birth certificate or SSN are required to apply for welfare, so it is easy to make fake birth certificate or SSN to get welfare, so of course, the welfare fraud is common. The red tape in government is other issue too.

Most employers only require birth certificate or SSN, that it since poll places require photo ID, that's big difference. No, not all hardworking people, especially Amish people and low income people, have government issued ID with photo.

I disagree with you about illegal stuff and there are plenty of people don't have government issued ID for various reasons, so it looks you are underestimate the people.

While I don't totally disagree with your post, I'm asking for a valid reason why a person would not have a photo ID. All the reason that are normally given are nothing more than an excuse. When you use the Amish people not having a photo ID, you have to realize that, according to their religion, they can not or at least are not suppose to vote. Those people that state they have no transpiration to go get a ID are making an excuse. Maybe I do underestimate the people but I challenge anyone to post a reason and I'll shoot hole in that reason.

While I don't totally disagree with your post, I'm asking for a valid reason why a person would not have a photo ID. All the reason that are normally given are nothing more than an excuse. When you use the Amish people not having a photo ID, you have to realize that, according to their religion, they can not or at least are not suppose to vote. Those people that state they have no transpiration to go get a ID are making an excuse. Maybe I do underestimate the people but I challenge anyone to post a reason and I'll shoot hole in that reason.

It doesn't matter to me if it is excuse or not. Some Amish people do vote and just like I said, some people can break the religious belief to vote, however they are legal to vote, regardless on religious belief.

Some states don't have easy access to DMV because some DMV only open in limited time or limited days or about 100 miles away, so not much options for people. It seems like you have high expectation on people getting ID, so the situation where you know usually applies in Texas but not work or differently in other states.

There are campaign workers giving "free" rides to the polls...been going on for years...so not having a ride is no excuse really...it's just a reason to whine and complain about not having a valid ID....and actually, if someone lives 100 miles from a polling place ??....

It doesn't matter to me if it is excuse or not. Some Amish people do vote and just like I said, some people can break the religious belief to vote, however they are legal to vote, regardless on religious belief.

Some states don't have easy access to DMV because some DMV only open in limited time or limited days or about 100 miles away, so not much options for people. It seems like you have high expectation on people getting ID, so the situation where you know usually applies in Texas but not work or differently in other states.

As I said, I'll shoot holes.

Those Amish people that want to break/ignore their religious belief and vote, can certainly do so. However, if they are going to do that, why not go ahead and break/ignore their religious belief and get an ID. No excuse!
Those people that live 10 miles away or 100 miles away or 1000 miles away have how long to get a ID? That is right, 4 years. No excuse!

There are campaign workers giving "free" rides to the polls...been going on for years...so not having a ride is no excuse really...it's just a reason to whine and complain about not having a valid ID....and actually, if someone lives 100 miles from a polling place ??....

The free ride to poll places are just offered by campaign, not government and we don't have free transportation that offered by government.

The voter ID requirement - who passed that? the government.

My major concern is voter ID, not free ride, also I disagree with your statement above. There are plenty of people still haven't get ID for various reasons, no matter if you think it is too excuse or not, so you aren't in same situations as other people have one.

I'm talking about DMV places (that's one to get ID), not poll places.

you are serious!!! you are watch out! you are serious!!! Be careful!! you think so you opinion! you, what is wrong? what is wrong how your again and again over your situation photo id you can't do change it!

your can't do decision!

Who decision is figure out think so straight to proper better advise!

As I said, I'll shoot holes.

Those Amish people that want to break/ignore their religious belief and vote, can certainly do so. However, if they are going to do that, why not go ahead and break/ignore their religious belief and get an ID. No excuse!
Those people that live 10 miles away or 100 miles away or 1000 miles away have how long to get a ID? That is right, 4 years. No excuse!

You entitled your opinion, also I disagree with you.

The vote is just happen in anytime, it can be months or 1 year or 2 year, not 4 years.

If you worked at a store....and this guy walked in and grabbed a 6-pack of beer and wanted a pack of Marlboro's....you, by law, have to ask for an ID...no mater if the customer complains..."I don't have my ID" but I'm 18 or even 21"....if you sell it to the customer without an ID, you could go to jail....so the young people, more than likely are getting their ID's in order....

Older people have surely gotton their DL's/ID's/SS Card/BC....etc. ...if they have a job, they have to have it...even renting a house/apartment, you've got to have some form of validation....

It's just an "excuse"...boo-hoo....and responsible people don't make "excuses" for something they know they should have...and if they don't have, then get off their arses and get it.

So...if the left loses the election...guessing they're gonna blame it on the Voter ID Law...what a crock of shyt!

I disagree with your statement and the voter ID law will NOT prevent the vote fraud. You shouldn't underdetermine the hackers because they are capable to make authentic ID that make nearly impossible for poll workers to detect.

The vote is right, not privilege. Why politicians haven't passed anything about voter ID law in many years ago like 60's, 70', 80's or 90's? It is very obviously that Republican Party used voter ID law as vote suppression to boost the conservative politicians and discourage more honest, legal voters who don't have photo ID. I don't support vote suppression, period and I think election will be very unfair, not because of vote fraud, but it is because of vote suppression.

There are other methods that effective to deal with vote fraud, especially use ink on finger to vote so they cannot washed off for few days, even use alcohol, paint thinner or nail remover are ineffective because ink made with different chemical and take few days to wash off.

I suppose the Democrats are totally blameless in all this? There should be strict laws in place to prevent any political camp from abusing the system, but I doubt anyone will pass anything logical to prevent fraud from happening because no one in government uses logic to begin with.

Laura

If you worked at a store....and this guy walked in and grabbed a 6-pack of beer and wanted a pack of Marlboro's....you, by law, have to ask for an ID...no mater if the customer complains..."I don't have my ID" but I'm 18 or even 21"....if you sell it to the customer without an ID, you could go to jail....so the young people, more than likely are getting their ID's in order....

Older people have surely gotton their DL's/ID's/SS Card/BC....etc. ...if they have a job, they have to have it...even renting a house/apartment, you've got to have some form of validation....

It's just an "excuse"...boo-hoo....and responsible people don't make "excuses" for something they know they should have...and if they don't have, then get off their arses and get it.

So...if the left loses the election...guessing they're gonna blame it on the Voter ID Law...what a crock of shyt!

Your argument is just apple to orange, also it is invalid because the vote is RIGHT, not privilege. The alcoholic beverages and tobacco products are not right, that's privilege.

The birth certificate and SSN are NON-PHOTO ID, so some states require ID WITH PHOTO to vote, it means you have go to DMV to get ID WITH PHOTO. Getting ID with photo are more challenge to some people because of limited access to DMV. The polling places are very easy to access for voting since DMV isn't (that where you need get ID).

Your last paragraph proved that you support vote suppression because it make easier for Republican Party to win, that what your interest is perfectly match to them. The Republican Party is totally crook and liar.

Finally, you are just entitled your opinion about vote ID so let agreement to disagreement.

I suppose the Democrats are totally blameless in all this? There should be strict laws in place to prevent any political camp from abusing the system, but I doubt anyone will pass anything logical to prevent fraud from happening because no one in government uses logic to begin with.

Laura

Democratic Party (not southern democrats) doesn't anything to vote suppression and they want to ensure that all voters are counted instead of turn them away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back