Hovrs' Mvp

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
Reaction score
Coming Soon...Hands On VRS' new product "Mobile Video Phone" (MVP) I forgot to mention that it also can handle the multi-pointsvideo

Judge's Anything: HOVRS - MVP

l believe that MVP is better than VPAD because MVP is free charge and battery power. VPAD s not free and no battery power. Not so worth for VPAD. I will wait to get more info on MVP. You will join up new member of HOVRS and keep to use VRS. They will see how many times that we will use VRS before getting free MVP.

You may interest to join up it
www.hovrs.com

Coming Soon...Hands On VRS' new product "Mobile Video Phone" (MVP) I forgot to mention that it also can handle the multi-pointsvideo

l believe that MVP is better than VPAD because MVP is free charge and battery power. VPAD s not free and no battery power. Not so worth for VPAD. I will wait to get more info on MVP. You will join up new member of HOVRS and keep to use VRS. They will see how many times that we will use VRS before getting free MVP.

www.hovrs.com

I didn't see anything about it being free? I must have missed that part but it cool it on battery power and it similar to VPAD from his description?

But I don't think they can encourage or tell us to sign up and join using thier VRS as often to get MVP. Isn't that against the FCC law too? Maybe I am mistaken?

your right ITS AGAINST THE LAW

According to the FCC in their order #fcc07-186 paragraph 89-94 explains that providers may not offer consumers financial or OTHER INCENTIVE, directly or indirectly. what this means is lets say HOVRS says if you want the mvp you MUST use their vrs service. and you need to try to get more of your friends to use the service as well and you will get their mvp. that is using the mvp as OTHER INCENTIVE and you need to file a complaint. if anyone has had this happen im looking into this because this has happend to my family. PLEASE CONTACT ME IF THIS HAS HAPPENED TO YOU.

www.hovrs.com

HI, I am a technology dummy. Please explain to me what MVP and VPAD means. I guess it is something about portable vido phone? How do the two differ..

A friend of mine has a Deaf daughter, and they have video phone on their TV. She said something about only Deaf people could get one.. I am not sure if I undertsood what she was talking about. Is it true that you have to be deaf to get video phone service? I want to be able to sign with my Deaf friends too... but I am hearing..

MVP design by HOVRS (www.hovrs.com) and VPAD design by Viable (Viable.net Homepage) that provided free for interpreter. It explain all those topic about which is better and which is free.

I understand you want talk with your sign to Deaf people who is your friend. At the same time... I personal and still dont understand why want talk with friend who is Deaf that prefer video than the VRS? If prefer over than VRS and that would waste investing the VRS fund. I didn't mean sound harsh at the same time that benefit for us use for job purpose.

Anyway.. yes its true that videophone from Sorenson is providing the free videophone for who is deaf or hard of hearing that "NEEDED" sign communicate clear over videophone.

HI, I am a technology dummy. Please explain to me what MVP and VPAD means. I guess it is something about portable video phone? How do the two differ..

A friend of mine has a Deaf daughter, and they have video phone on their TV. She said something about only Deaf people could get one.. I am not sure if I undertsood what she was talking about. Is it true that you have to be deaf to get video phone service? I want to be able to sign with my Deaf friends too... but I am hearing..

I don't see any problem with that... it same happen to any other VRS do that as avoid to say "MUST". If employed say "MUST" and then you report and then employed terminated?

Anyway..
They are using fund and as "must" to keep thing offer free for example, you use their service if you believe that company delivery the important message and service well. Use their service that will expanding VRS and can help another Deaf get benefit the same thing what you current use.

According to the FCC in their order #fcc07-186 paragraph 89-94 explains that providers may not offer consumers financial or OTHER INCENTIVE, directly or indirectly. what this means is lets say HOVRS says if you want the mvp you MUST use their vrs service. and you need to try to get more of your friends to use the service as well and you will get their mvp. that is using the mvp as OTHER INCENTIVE and you need to file a complaint. if anyone has had this happen im looking into this because this has happend to my family. PLEASE CONTACT ME IF THIS HAS HAPPENED TO YOU.

Don't you notice that Sprint CSD HOVRS are work together? I can show you the facts.

I don't see any problem with that... it same happen to any other VRS do that as avoid to say "MUST". If employed say "MUST" and then you report and then employed terminated?

Anyway..
They are using fund and as "must" to keep thing offer free for example, you use their service if you believe that company delivery the important message and service well. Use their service that will expanding VRS and can help another Deaf get benefit the same thing what you current use.

i think you missed what im saying. yes the services are free and if you use it more they can expand but they cant tell new or existing customers that the more they use they will get a pize of some kind. its a miss use of funds from the fcc. yes we want the companys to expand and get better that is for sure. but they get paid by the min of use from their services by deaf. they cant tell you if you want a new v-pad or MVP you have to use their service more or even at all. that is what they are doing. even companys tring to have customers get upgrades will only get it if the use the relay more.

What's all with the FCC rules in regards of the MVP and VPAD stuff?

Last July 6, 2007, A new and improved Sprint Video Relay Service (SprintVRS) is now available for individuals who are deaf and hard of hearing. Sprint (NYSE: S) recently signed a new contract with Hands On Video Relay Services, Inc. (HOVRS), a leading video relay service platform provider. With this new affiliation, Sprint will provide an innovative video relay service that will include enhanced video quality, quality interpreters, and expanded customer service.

Sprint VRS PC software as same as HOVRS VideoSign 2.5. Do not download it if you have Hovrs VideoSign 2.5 program.

What's all with the FCC rules in regards of the MVP and VPAD stuff?

I don't really know about this part you asked as of yet, but maybe it's the one you regard about those single 10-digit numbers for every user... if so, it should apply the same for the vpad and mvp, I believe. So is this you ask about?

I don't really know about this part you asked as of yet, but maybe it's the one you regard about those single 10-digit numbers for every user... if so, it should apply the same for the vpad and mvp, I believe. So is this you ask about?

CSDVRS and HOVRS have appoved 10-digit number service by FCC. but I never listen about Sorenson. My old friend who worked for Sorenson said that it refuse to approve it. That s bullshiiiit.

CSDVRS and HOVRS have appoved 10-digit number service by FCC. but I never listen about Sorenson. My old friend who worked for Sorenson said that it refuse to approve it. That s bullshiiiit.

Hmm... but Sorenson cannot refuse this new FCC rule. Let's see what they do about it ahead. :roll: lol

I like and respect CSDVRS and HOVRS more, too.

Hmm... but Sorenson cannot refuse this new FCC rule. Let's see what they do about it ahead. :roll: lol

I agree that. I hope so.

I don't see how that Sorenson refused that those thing of toll free. It is about technology to compromise the machine and toll-free number to make happen.

Again, what I learn that I have no respect to another, even all VRS. You notice on that VRS on hold waiting. Those product that design by Sorenson Communication that giving the VRS. However, the Sorenson appear didn't get support fund to make all technology to happen such as machine to access the portable, 911, and other thing to make machine to become happen. Without the support fund from VRS or us to make smooth. Such as everyone is strike about 6.50 and say too bad to Sorenson. Well, it do affect another VRS because of software product to keep all VRS running. I have discover and start understand how VRS is running.

The more balance such as cable company. They are looking for demanded but use free pole that use electric wire that already set. At least, cable company have opportunity use pole for cable wire. Where the electric company get some support fund to able replace the pole if the wood or pole get damaged.

It similar apply to Sorenson that has to giving away free machine to allow VRS connection during on hold waiting. About the transfer part, I do not see any VRS that Sorenson enable to transfer. Like right now, the technical support from Sorenson become prefer technical support or speak with person that person who has help me. They simple transfer me to specific technical support which is nice.

What more, I believe the transfer part is become useful to Sorenson. For example; if that not technical support and they can transfer me to customer service which its nice. I haven't try that but they gave me number to keep that future in case I want speak with customer service.

Again, I rather to see VRS support the technology fund to make those machine happen for videophone such as any device can connect each other instead the proper IP Address. IP Address is too much information for people to invalid information. Again - I think that something what I believe we, us, pay the VRS or Sorenson equipment. Not only Sorenson, it can be SnapVRS or HOVRS soon to have MVP. It can pay the service that can create include expand service. I don't know what kind expand that benefit for us. For example; AOL do charge for smile icons that we choose and want to use it. Same idea for cellular phone that do charge feature of music or television.

A friend of mine called Sorenson for tech support and learned why they do not sell the VP-100 and VP-200. They do not want to lose revenue of potential income if all deaf can call hearing point to point.

I find it odd because there are millions of hearing people, very few of them are fluent in ASL. Still. I have to use VRS to call those hearing.

I am very impressed with CSDVRS and HOVRS services for the deaf community. They focus on services and improving quality. Not focus on minutes and revenue. Another word... better approach the deaf community's need and desires than Sorenson.

I have bad relationship with Sorenson sale rep, that caused me to be bias. Many of local in my region do not like the Sale Rep. But I am learning that other Sorenson Sale rep in other region are cooler than my region. I am not talking about installers, I am talking about their boss.

I am finding a lot issue with this local Sale Rep's relationship with many states. I got friends and clients every corner of USA and I hear same result for same Sale Rep. Umm... Most of them do not like his attitude and how respond to their request.

So I am against of Sorenson because of this Sale Rep. I am sorry to say that but its true. If I had good relationship with Sorenson region Sale Rep, I might be positive about Sorenson and supporter.

So far I have good relationship with Hovrs and CSDVRS. They did good job with me. I am impressed.

Last edited:
Back