The Naida saga continues...

I've heard that you can't use just any battery with the naida. That the hearing aid is weird and that certain batteries can cause it to randomly turn off.

Just a thought.

PowerOne work best in my opinion, they are the same as Seimens too. Rayovac kills mine.

So the audie's office called for me to pick up my Naida, it's back from Phonak. When I arrived, my audie didn't know it had been returned. She asked me to wait while she checked it out. 10 mins later she came out and told me it's dead. She said she shocked her students because she started swearing out of frustration. While I was there they gave me a loaner, and when I put it in, it shut off. I handed that one to the audie too, but it was better with a new ear hook. Still don't know why it randomly shuts off. Maybe I'm a carrier of Naida death...

Anyway, my clear one is back in it's overnight box back to Phonak yet again. I wish I could get frequent flier points for as much as that thing has flown! :lol:

I so feel your pain. I think I have this Naida death as well :giggle: The ear hooks are a pain in the butt! My audiologist told me that those little annoying white filters that get clogged with moister are there to dampen sounds around 1500Hz or something along those lines. If you can't hear at 1500Hz, take them out and it may stop them from cutting out so much...One thought.

The Phonak rep took the filters out of my Naida's at our first session. I guess they arn't really needed.

If yours is the UP model, which require the 675 battery, it may cut out when the battery gets low. Mine do. I have started using the 675 for the CI and get about 7-8 days before my HA's start to cut out or do other wierd things. Have never heard the low battery alarm.

well, it depends on how much I use the FM receivers. I normally get 13 days out of the 675 batteries, but if I use the FM extensively, it may drop a couple of days.....

8-10 days recently. SOMETIMES i get the warning, sometimes I don't. I'm not sure if it doesn't beep or if I just don't hear it.

If they can't fix the aid properly soon, they should be replacing it with a new one....that's what happened with my Phonak receiver. Three times the charm (replacement)

They've replaced it once, not sure what they're doing this time, but they've had it more than a week. Typically I get it back in 5 days or less by overnight delivery.

Have you considered trying a different HA, such as Oticon sumo? The other option is if your HA stops working to simply stop wearing HAs since you have almost no residual hearing left and get no benefit anyway.

Have you considered trying a different HA, such as Oticon sumo? The other option is if your HA stops working to simply stop wearing HAs since you have almost no residual hearing left and get no benefit anyway.

No, no more hearing aids for me. If/when the Naida goes to the happy hunting grounds, so be it. I don't mind the quiet.

Back