re-visiting Naida V UP: a newbie

Phonak Naida

Is anybody using these new (expensive yet high-tech) hearing aids? Do you like them, or are you wishing you would have bought something else?

Do they require special batteries?

Phonak Naida

Is anybody using these new (expensive yet high-tech) hearing aids? Do you like them, or are you wishing you would have bought something else?

Do they require special batteries?
HenryK

At times I like them....and other times I'm wishing for better. The biggest problem is...what is better?

The biggest obstacle is the configuration part. Most of the time it's not ready to go "out of the box". I've had the aids adjusted about 7 times, 5 with Phonak rep help. About 3 of the adjustments were major, but the rest were minor adjustments to try out different schemes. I also use a FM transmitter/receiver combo so that required a small adjustment to get it where it needed to be.

No special batteries are required, but I hear the SP version of the Niada V do have some issues with the batteries. I use the UP version, and I've used Rayovac, Walgreens and Walmart brands with no issues.

I just got a new Naida and love them. They replaced a now obsolete phonek which were terrible! Too much treble and difficult to understand people. But my new Naida are alot better. I would love better, but my insurrance will not pay for more.

Back