At the gun range. The most powerful handgun in the world !!!!!

Heath

Reaction score
"You may have to watch Recoil twice. Try to follow the gun. This video is

basically a "show and tell" custom built on a Thompson Encore (fancy

version of the Thompson Contender). The Caliber... 600 Nitro Express.

that's right...an elephant gun round in a handgun. The story goes that

the guy that built it is some kind of custom gun maker, and built this

as an exhibition piece. He takes it to the range with him just to show

it off, and the big guy that shot it (in the video) had been bugging the

builder to let him shoot it. Now think about this...only until fairly

recently (early-mid '80's IIRC) the 600 Nitro Express was hands down the

biggest, nastiest, hardest hitting, and heaviest recoiling weapon you

could buy. It was designed for one simple purpose...to knock an elephant

flat on his butt. IMO, it was really built as an exhibition piece for

guys "compensating"...this cartridge is known for breaking collarbones,

arms, shoulders...of the shooter! Think about this, in the gun world

they use what is termed as a "recoil index" to kind of give prospective

buyers an idea of what a gun kicks like.

A .30-06 gets a rating of a 1.0, which for many people is about the

limit of what they can shoot multiple rounds thru comfortably. A 243 is

rated at like a .4, a .270 was like a .8, etc. The ..600 Nitro Express

is rated at 9.4...9.4 times more punishing power than a 30-06. Now watch

the video..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lzri8dn7p0&search=handgun

600 NITRO EXPRESS PISTOL ~
Frame – Thompson Center-Encore Pistol, S.S., Rynite grip and forend
Barrel - Van Horn-Encore, S.S., 17.25” (14.375”) straight bull, special S.S. muzzle brake
Scope mount - SSK T’SOB, S.S. ¼ rib, 6-screws
4 SSK S.S. scope rings
Scope – Weaver Classic, recoil-proof silver, 2x28mm, pistol
Brass – Horneber, .600 nitro Express
Bullets – Woodleigh, .620”, 900gr, jacketed RN soft nose
Bullets – Beartooth, .622”, 1040gr, lead FNPB
Powder – Hodgdon H4831
Primers – Large Rifle magnum
Loading Data:
1040 grain lead bullet
117gr Hodgdon 4831 powder
1200 FPS Muzzle Velocity (14” barrel length)
3600# Muzzle Energy (14” barrel length)
Loading Data (Full Nitro Loads):
900 grain jacketed bullet
158gr Hodgdon 4831 powder
1670 FPS Muzzle Velocity (14” barrel length)
5550# Muzzle Energy (14” barrel length)

Picture of the most powerful handgun in the world.

http://home.comcast.net/~kudoo1/600_Nitro.JPG

Ammo picture of the 600 Nitro Express bullet by comparison

I seen video of Army snipers's caliber that nailed the heads of tabilan in long distance up the mountainn. I say "oh boy, it was really powerful bullet that did blew the enemies's head up by long distance". Funny, I used that caliber on shooting video games as knew it was one time shot.

MaxUFC said:
Heath, can you beat this guy's relaoding? :)

http://www.sikvid.com/media/2314.asx

With alots of serious practice until it becomes natural , then it is possible. He had to keep the magazine pressed down on the handgun on order to reload faster and what I don't get is he did not pull back on the slide. I think he was doing it as a demonstration. Let me find something for you MaxUFC be right back It is a very old U.S. Army training film. Let me see if I can find it .....

Heath said:
With alots of serious practice until it becomes natural , then it is possible. He had to keep the magazine pressed down on the handgun on order to reload faster and what I don't get is he did not pull back on the slide. I think he was doing it as a demonstration. Let me find something for you MaxUFC be right back It is a very old U.S. Army training film. Let me see if I can find it .....

Hi MaxUFC, Here is the Army old training video clip ..... You will see him re-load as he goes in and out of the prone position. You would need to be able to re-load really fast in the prone position as well as re-load from the kneeling position as well as all positions, you must be comfortable and especially used to re-loading in all kinds of re-loading positions in a US Homeland Security war self defense situation as well as from a criminal attack that you protect yourself with in self defense.

http://www.theppsc.org/Grossman/Army-Film.mpg

Ha, I could never switch clips that fast! I guess I better get my "target" with the first clip (preferably, the first round). :D

Heath said:
Hi MaxUFC, Here is the Army old training video clip ..... You will see him re-load as he goes in and out of the prone position. You would need to be able to re-load really fast in the prone position as well as re-load from the kneeling position as well as all positions, you must be comfortable and especially used to re-loading in all kinds of re-loading positions in a US Homeland Security war self defense situation as well as from a criminal attack that you protect yourself with in self defense.

http://www.theppsc.org/Grossman/Army-Film.mpg

Yeah. Better position with reload than Hollywood or Hong Kong shootout movie, right? :)

MaxUFC said:
Yeah. Better position with reload than Hollywood or Hong Kong shootout movie, right? :)

I would not say better but the one that you just showed could go really good with that Army video clip to make both better. You want to learn the proper realistic techniques for in self defense and if you actually are in a shootout, nobody not even the army or the police or anybody wants to be in a shootout , just that if you were in an actual shootout with the bad guys then you would be able to focus more on the shooting part then the technique part because it has become natural from practicing in self defense training. The only thing that I noticed in the old Army training video clip is that in real life on the battlefield during a real war, you never will walk in an open field if you do not have back up. You will crawl and hide amongst the tall grass and there is a very high chance you could be cut down by gunfire in an open field if you got up and ran or they located where you are shooting even though you are hidden amongst the tall grass in a prone position, but you also still could be cut down by gunfire in the woods too alongside the forest ridge lines. Try experiminating these tactics with your friends and a paintball gun. Paintball guns make very excellent training devices if you learn the basic military tactics and then go from there. You will find alots of small things that you would have not picked up had you not trained. Also try to wear your hearing aid or CI to keep it real as you will see how important it is to be quiet and not rustle the leaves or anything like that. That is something you have to hear for yourself and also the strong wind sometimes gives a standing or a kneeling person away all by sound.

This one goes beyond insanity! Wonder what the target looked like at 100 yards.

Back