Hamilton Relay Service to be suspended

I didn't say ANYTHING about CapTel... Read what it says, direct from Hamilton.

Why are you not surprised, Biker? What do you know? The only thing I know is, a relay agent who inserted words in my mouth at my former supervisor without my knowledge was caught and fired for a previous incident. I found out about it when I was told by a store manager that I was cussing at her over the phone, and I was not. I brought to work transcripts of the conversation AND a copy of the email from Hamilton admitting that the agent responsible for the incidents was fired. The matter was resolved.
OMG, that agent tried to get you in trouble.

A landline is required for Captioncall. Until all this is sorted out, everyone is going to reach me via email or text. (in the voice of a Goa'uld lord) Otherwise, you WILL be punished for your insolence (Goa'uld ribbon device whooshes and glows as a warning).

I have advised you to check caption call website, there is FAQ which already answered your question.

Will using CaptionCall increase my monthly phone service bill?
No. CaptionCall works automatically with your phone service provider, with no increase to your monthly bill. And because the captioning service is free and funded by the FCC, you won’t have to pay any additional monthly fees to use CaptionCall.

Does using CaptionCall impact the services I’ve selected from my phone service provider?
No. CaptionCall works seamlessly with the services you’ve selected from your provider, including call waiting, call forwarding, voice mail, and caller ID.

Can I use my CaptionCall Phone for long-distance calls?
Yes. Your phone service provider’s standard long-distance charges will apply.

diehardbiker
Did you not see deafdrummer's post immediately before yours?

deafdrummer will NOT HAVE A LANDLINE. CaptionCall requires a landline so all this other information about CaptionCall is useless to deafdrummer.

A landline is required for Captioncall. Until all this is sorted out, everyone is going to reach me via email or text. (in the voice of a Goa'uld lord) Otherwise, you WILL be punished for your insolence (Goa'uld ribbon device whooshes and glows as a warning).

There is so much about your search for a phone solution scattered around alldeaf. I hope the following helps sort it out. Because of the scattered nature of what is around I may well also send this as a PM.

First off be aware that all of the captioning apps are setup for you to speak for your side of the conversation. You get captions of what the other person is saying.

The thread about what phone your are using says you have a Galaxy Note 2 which tells me you do have an Android OS. With it that new I don't think there is any question of it being a newer version of the OS then 2.2. Also, I believe it says you are on AT&T's TAP which means no voice minutes?

I don't remember which thread mentions what kind of speeds you are getting up and down nor if they are stable.

But. . . putting together what I have run across makes me think it would be worthwhile for you to download Wireless CapTel by Sprint Wireless CapTel by Sprint | Sprint CapTel since it is free you are just out some time if it doesn't work out. It does have the advantage of not using voice minutes. But the use of VOIP has more chance of having your voice cut in and out which can make it annoying to say the least. Even if it does that I have found that it can be used in a pinch.

If you are willing to get voice minutes and use them the Hamilton one gets around the VOIP issue by using voice for what you say and data for the captions of what the other person says.

Good Luck

Back