iPhone Connections

femme Fatale

Official AD Nutcracker
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to establish a virtual drive with a PC to transfer files between both devices? I once had a Droid Maxx that did this flawlessly for internal (G:/) and memory card (H:/). I use an iPhone 5S, the only virtual drive it has established is photo and camera related, but has not shown one for internal files. Did I overlook something?

I have an Micro SD card that I can slide into a larger SD card for PC's. Maybe try one of those? Like one of these:

20100313202815.jpg

Used them before, one ended up getting corrupted, not reliable enough for me to use for work.

Oh, okay. Maybe that's not such a good idea, then. Let's see..... is your PC an Apple one? You could try syncing the phone with that, maybe? I've heard about it, but have never seen it done. One other thing I did before was to connect a USB wire to the phone and PC, and download them to the PC, but that's just a tad cumbersome.

It's a Windows 7 laptop, like I said, the connection worked from an Android phone, but it does not appear to work from an iPhone.

Now through iTunes?! If current events correctly point out, I'd say these patent litigations are getting ridiculous! I'll look into that, sounds like something equivalent Calvin mentioned.

I agree. Apple and Samsung need to resolve everything for once and all, and have everything settle down for once.

Doubt they will ever resolve whatever differences they have. It's a never ending thing with any companies. Apple have had many differences with companies other than Samsung too- most notably Microsoft. The whole "my stuff is better than yours nyah nyah" mentality.

I've wondered the same thing as I've been curious in if I could connect my iPad to my PC (Windows *cough*) easily or not without convoluted set ups or needs. There is a Mac in the house but it is my father's so I don't fiddle with that unless I have to (usually to do with the printer/scanner because I can't scan from the printer for some reason).

Couldn't you use Dropbox for this? Pop the files you want on your iPhone into the Dropbox folder, then use the iPhone Dropbox app to download those files and you can then import it to whatever app can use those files.

I use this method for transferring files to both my iPad and my Android phone. Best part is that you don't have to hook up any cords.

Couldn't you use Dropbox for this? Pop the files you want on your iPhone into the Dropbox folder, then use the iPhone Dropbox app to download those files and you can then import it to whatever app can use those files.

I use this method for transferring files to both my iPad and my Android phone. Best part is that you don't have to hook up any cords.

It probably depends on the size of the files she has, and I'm not sure if Dropbox is unlimited or not, because the last time I used it was several years ago, but I haven't had a need for it, though, because I have both Google Drive AND SkyDrive, either of which would also work here.

Does anyone know how to establish a virtual drive with a PC to transfer files between both devices? I once had a Droid Maxx that did this flawlessly for internal (G:/) and memory card (H:/). I use an iPhone 5S, the only virtual drive it has established is photo and camera related, but has not shown one for internal files. Did I overlook something?

with iPhone? nope. only works with jailbreak version. enabling that feature is a major security risk... which is why Apple purposely disabled that feature.

It probably depends on the size of the files she has, and I'm not sure if Dropbox is unlimited or not, because the last time I used it was several years ago, but I haven't had a need for it, though, because I have both Google Drive AND SkyDrive, either of which would also work here.

Dropbox is not unlimited.... unless you're willing to pay $15/month

with iPhone? nope. only works with jailbreak version. enabling that feature is a major security risk... which is why Apple purposely disabled that feature.

I'm thinking she has documents via e-mail, and wants to transfer those documents to the PC. That would be my guess, but I could also be way off base, as well.

That's what I thought.

you really need to check for facts before you talk. if you are not sure if dropbox is unlimited or not.... then check it! it only takes 5 seconds to check!

you really need to check for facts before you talk. if you are not sure if dropbox is unlimited or not.... then check it! it only takes 5 seconds to check!

I used it several years ago, and it wasn't ideal for my use, and I had all but forgotten about it until MattB mentioned it, and I'm not sure if they've added space since then or not.

I use Air Sharing which it can allow you to save any files and open from your computer via Wi-fi. I brought it for $5. Now, it's overwhelm popular, it rise to $9. It make much easy for me to watch video as movies/TV which iPhone's video players have limited to allow upload from computer to iPhone.

Back