Culture language native

Smithtr

G.G.H.T
Premium Member
Reaction score
no sense I Notice it many people said call me native languae I don't understand because hearing confused I told hearing person points! exacty!
he said I can't understand half of your posts.. I'm assuming that you don't speak English as a first or second language and are using a translating software.. which one are you using? And are you typing proper grammar and spelling of your native language into the translator?

stranger on odd I am puzzled it I think so native language

I told many million to say! I tried of people language

I am deaf, can't hear prove! I told him!

I would say that ASL is your native language.

you experience! I suggest to advise to important! I Notice hearing said ask me I am native language on ASL I tell ASL and deaf also write on paper,

It lots of complication cultures,also Many people have hard to communication person!!

it is sound surprise native language

I told I am deaf and on asl simply! hearing should be know deaf i am person ASL

That hearing poster was quite sharp in noticing you don't write English like it's your native language. I don't think he was expecting ASL to be your first language though.

That hearing poster was quite sharp in noticing you don't write English like it's your native language. I don't think he was expecting ASL to be your first language though.

true It is ASL!

you experience! I suggest to advise to important! I Notice hearing said ask me I am native language on ASL I tell ASL and deaf also write on paper,

It lots of complication cultures,also Many people have hard to communication person!!

it is sound surprise native language

I told I am deaf and on asl simply! hearing should be know deaf i am person ASL

Most hearing people don't understand that ASL has a completely different syntax than English. They think ASL is the same as English, only signed.

Most hearing people don't understand that ASL has a completely different syntax than English. They think ASL is the same as English, only signed.

yeah, I agree you! if suppose hearing people confused and not understand

hearing: I don't understand say you means,, I notice most people have problem communication hearing! ASL fluent on syntax structures that is right!

hearing: I don't understand say you means,, I notice most people have problem communication hearing! ASL fluent on syntax structures that is right!

Agreed. I remember when you first became a member here, and someone made a remark about the way you wrote, and I told them, "Hey, he is a native ASL user!"

Hearing people seem to have a lot of trouble in thinking in concept. Everything has to be a word with them, and it has to be the English meaning of the word.

Just like the guy who didn't understand about my saying "repeat please". He just didn't understand ASL.

Agreed. I remember when you first became a member here, and someone made a remark about the way you wrote, and I told them, "Hey, he is a native ASL user!"

Hearing people seem to have a lot of trouble in thinking in concept. Everything has to be a word with them, and it has to be the English meaning of the word.

Amen. :P

Just like the guy who didn't understand about my saying "repeat please". He just didn't understand ASL.

sound great good idea point advise!!! you are right

I have trouble understanding your posts but that's because I trouble understanding sign language syntax. And that because my first language is English

I learn alot from your posts :ty:

:wave: smithtr, I am glad you write in ASL syntax and grammar. It has helped me a lot in my learning sign language.

:ty: Me happy.:D

cool thread you brave Tavis, yes English is too hearing-like, I can understand when you say 'be like' or "i want be", "I am" not same as english you are talking about ideas, in pictures same as sign...
just like Deafskeptic said hearing hard think in concept for language, concept is same as shapes made by hands or signs.
I find hard too, but i learn quick not like lazy hearies or lazy deaf-want-to-be-hearing.
you good, keep study in PHP! proud you!
cheers

Travis,

I don't always understand your posts either - BUT I also realize that ASL is your native language. I appreciate you and your posts, as I know your posts will help me understand the correct syntax for ASL.

I want to know what you are saying, so it's worth the work to figure it out. Keep posting!

Smiles,
Holly

As for "native language" hypothesis-ASL?- one would have to learn it from their parents- from birth on. Spoken language would NOT be used. When "spoken"language-English? taught?

If that is the "fact"-interesting to say the least. Computer screens can be "divorced easily" from reality-apparently-correct?

Implanted Sunnybrook/Toronto Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

:wave:Travis, you have helped me understand and learn ASL better too.

I know what you mean, you are clear:):thumb:

strengths have you I appreciate!

Concepts I understand - am not very linear person

no sense I Notice it many people said call me native languae I don't understand because hearing confused I told hearing person points! exacty!
he said I can't understand half of your posts.. I'm assuming that you don't speak English as a first or second language and are using a translating software.. which one are you using? And are you typing proper grammar and spelling of your native language into the translator?

stranger on odd I am puzzled it I think so native language

I told many million to say! I tried of people language

I am deaf, can't hear prove! I told him!

He won't stay here. You just say, "Yes , I am typing proper grammar for my language!"

Such an intelligent guy you are, Travis.....I also have had trouble reading your posts, as English was my first language...Sometimes, I can just switch 2 words (or several) around and undy it better. You are a bona-fide ASL user....but learning English at a very fast rate!...No worries here...So, don't you ever leave us....

I have trouble understanding your posts but that's because I trouble understanding sign language syntax. And that because my first language is English

I learn alot from your posts :ty:

I am glad of you learn it sign language

:wave: smithtr, I am glad you write in ASL syntax and grammar. It has helped me a lot in my learning sign language.

:ty: Me happy.:D

your welcome Hope
cool thread you brave Tavis, yes English is too hearing-like, I can understand when you say 'be like' or "i want be", "I am" not same as english you are talking about ideas, in pictures same as sign...
just like Deafskeptic said hearing hard think in concept for language, concept is same as shapes made by hands or signs.
I find hard too, but i learn quick not like lazy hearies or lazy deaf-want-to-be-hearing.
you good, keep study in PHP! proud you!
cheers
Thank advise I am keep going hard work encourage to lots of development skills try best focus ASL, php and code html lot of enjoy I am challenge study my code, I am smart easy how on code html! manually lots of 5 yrs I was study professional code html! I am usually on research code :)
Travis,

I don't always understand your posts either - BUT I also realize that ASL is your native language. I appreciate you and your posts, as I know your posts will help me understand the correct syntax for ASL.

I want to know what you are saying, so it's worth the work to figure it out. Keep posting!

Smiles,
Holly

Thank I am keep going hard work posts I am improve posts proper on grammar lots of improve my challenge worth communication!

keep I am best effort and keep going hard work continue I addiction Alldeaf and I am research
As for "native language" hypothesis-ASL?- one would have to learn it from their parents- from birth on. Spoken language would NOT be used. When "spoken"language-English? taught?

If that is the "fact"-interesting to say the least. Computer screens can be "divorced easily" from reality-apparently-correct?

Implanted Sunnybrook/Toronto Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07
Thank that is point!

smithtr . . . "ASL MAN" :thumb:
Great
:wave:Travis, you have helped me understand and learn ASL better too.

I know what you mean, you are clear:):thumb:

strengths have you I appreciate!

Concepts I understand - am not very linear person

I know you have lots of mostly my posts lots of enjoy I am very good hard work syntax

He won't stay here. You just say, "Yes , I am typing proper grammar for my language!"
sound great,

Such an intelligent guy you are, Travis.....I also have had trouble reading your posts, as English was my first language...Sometimes, I can just switch 2 words (or several) around and undy it better. You are a bona-fide ASL user....but learning English at a very fast rate!...No worries here...So, don't you ever leave us....
I understand I am lots of hard work English continue keep posts write encourage to grow my skills! :) thumb

Back