Anti-Stab Knife

Jiro

If You Know What I Mean
Premium Member
Reaction score
can they get any more oxymoronic than this???? and I thought quirky japanese inventions were bad enough!!!!

First 'anti-stab' knife to go on sale in Britain
cornock_573617a.jpg

The first “anti-stab” knife is to go on sale in Britain, designed to work as normal in the kitchen but to be ineffective as a weapon.

The knife has a rounded edge instead of a point and will snag on clothing and skin to make it more difficult to stab someone.

It was invented by industrial designer John Cornock, who was inspired by a documentary in which doctors advocated banning traditional knives.

Mr Cornock, 42, from Swindon, said that the knife will cut vegetables, but will make it almost impossible to stab someone to death and will reduce the risk of accidental injuries.

He said: “It can never be a totally safe knife, but the idea is you can’t inflict a fatal wound. Nobody could just grab one out of the kitchen drawer and kill someone.”

The knife is expected to sell for around £40-50 and has been tested with “very favourable” results by the Home Office’s Design and Technology Alliance - set up to research products that can deter crime.

:roll:

i dont mind trying the anti stab knifes. My kids sometime pick knifes out of the drawers by accident. I have to put the knifes away where kids can't reach.

and you can still stab with it. It's just going to take more pressure to puncture the skin but it will with enough force.

You can stab people with blunt objects, as well as the Anti-stab knife. It just makes it harder to do so, and less appealing for the "stabber" to use it as a weapon.

The knife is expected to sell for around £40-50 and has been tested with “very favourable” results by the Home Office’s Design and Technology Alliance - set up to research products that can deter crime.
Tested?

What did they do, try to stab a bunch of people and see if it worked? I wonder how many people died during the making of these knives. ;)

Even with the anti-stab knife...you can STILL stab someone with it by using that much force to push the knife in someone.

This knife will never sell, it's a stupid ridiculous invention. People like the look of a traditional knife, not this goofy looking clown knife.

I think it looks cool. Looks unique!

I want to stab someone with anti-stab knife. Umm, it's for a test :)

I thought this was already done by the French? Didn't they have a problem with people stabbing each other at the dinner table and developed the butter knife? :hmm:

Back