IPRelay -- Sorenson vs. Purple?

No it is revelant, I am speaking for WHOLE Relay industry (That INCLUDES Text, IP-Relay, VRS), it is trickle down effect, everything is going on domino effect it is tripping a domino at a time for next few years once we reach 2017, will we have various Text based relay, Video relay, etc? Or we will see "Government relay service" and it is public service, meaning the quality will go down to the south. Why? Because government isn't into innovation like private companies does.

4 years ago, I could compile list of Text IP relay companies which used to be A lot. Now, I might be lucky to compile few of them that are still in business. I only know TWO still alive Thats Purple IP-relay, and Sprint IP relay, nobody else doing text relay anymore,

completely irrelevant to his question....

No it is revelant, I am speaking for WHOLE Relay industry, it is trickle down effect, everything is going on domino effect it is tripping a domino at a time for next few years once we reach 2017, will we have various Text based relay, Video relay, etc? Or we will see "Government relay service" and it is public service, meaning the quality will go down to the south. Why? Because government isn't into innovation like private companies does.

4 years ago, I could compile list of Text IP relay companies which used to be A lot. Now, I might be lucky to compile few of them that are still in business. I only know TWO still alive Thats Purple IP-relay, and Sprint IP relay, nobody else doing text relay anymore,

you're not answering his question....

The answer is it is NOT many anymore, that is the fact. I already said I know only IP-relay from Purple, and Sprint. Now, here is the REAL proof, notice how OP struggling right now?

4 years ago, OP will not have even a problem set up IP relay account, it was so easy, much more choices so many different companies. Now most IP relay companies are G O N E! They aren't coming back again, due to FCC paying only $1.30 per minute for IP relay, not enough to support IP relay businesses. Why the hell do you think Sorenson got out of SIPrelay business in the first place?

you're not answering his question....

diehardbiker

Your last few posts are of NO help to the OP who needs to make a call NOW and is having trouble finding a way to do so!!!!!!!!

The answer is it is NOT many anymore, that is the fact. I already said I know only IP-relay from Purple, and Sprint. Now, here is the REAL proof, notice how OP struggling right now?

4 years ago, OP will not have even a problem set up IP relay account, it was so easy, much more choices so many different companies. Now most IP relay companies are G O N E! They aren't coming back again, due to FCC paying only $1.30 per minute for IP relay, not enough to support IP relay businesses. Why the hell do you think Sorenson got out of SIPrelay business in the first place?
irrelevant. unimportant. nonissue.

That is the part of reform! Don't you know that? FCC is now making it HARDER for anyone to get IP relay account, including VRS account.

It all started by, the fact that many many ineligible hearing people set up account and use it to make free calls (It is illegal in eyes of law), those calls were already busted 3 years ago though FCC audits, Sorenson, Purple, and other IP base relay service were forced to pay back to FCC for those minutes, and made CLEAR requirement that they no longer can freely create account, have to go through procedure which includes proof that the applicant can not use traditional phone which means that person can not use any phone without assistance of a kind. This new procedure is costing relay companies MORE money, and getting less pay from FCC. It is STARK truth that many not realize is what is happening right now.

There is NO way the OP can open account right away, no provider will do that out of fear from FCC.

diehardbiker

Your last few posts are of NO help to the OP who needs to make a call NOW and is having trouble finding a way to do so!!!!!!!!

That is the part of reform! Don't you know that? FCC is now making it HARDER for anyone to get IP relay account, including VRS account.

It all started by, the fact that many many ineligible hearing people set up account and use it to make free calls (It is illegal in eyes of law), those calls were already busted 3 years ago though FCC audits, Sorenson, Purple, and other IP base relay service were forced to pay back to FCC for those minutes, and made CLEAR requirement that they no longer can freely create account, have to go through procedure which includes proof that the applicant can not use traditional phone which means that person can not use any phone without assistance of a kind. This new procedure is costing relay companies MORE money, and getting less pay from FCC. It is STARK truth that many not realize is what is happening right now.

There is NO way the OP can open account right away, no provider will do that out of fear from FCC.
uh.... how is that a problem? that means LESS frauds which means LESS wasted tax money.

Less choices, less quality of service, and so on. You see, OP is very limited already, OP won't have to deal like this 5 years ago, but now OP is forced to figure out what works for them and so far none has work out for OP.

and I just found out, no it is not coming out from taxpayers money, it comes from ALL of telephone customers, they pay like 30 cents universal access funds that includes relay, 911, E911, etc. It was A LOT money, more than enough to cover whatever we need.

And the Fraud issues already gone down to bare minimum. Nobody wants to cheat anymore, it is very costly to cheat FCC. So Fraud is no longer an issue.

uh.... how is that a problem? that means LESS frauds which means LESS wasted tax money.

diehardbiker

What do you suggest the OP do to solve the problem of getting the needed information from these businesses NOW?

Deaf in UNITED march and protest against FCC reform. Tell them quit assigning agencies that know NOTHING about Deaf and not let them (Bunch of hearing idiot engineers) develop a new platform for us.

I mean like DPN if your Deaf, you should know what DPN is.

The truth is this year is first year of 4 years phase, and this thread proves that we are hurting from the new reform. The reform is far from being over. Unless we do something, the inevitable will happen.

I wanted you to understand that we need a reform that WORKS for us, not against us. Many of you sabotaged Sorenson because they were hearing owned company, you see with these kinds of Sabotaged going on, FCC is going to think... Well... since Sorenson is hearing owned and is so successful, why do we need Deaf engineer, Deaf designers, etc... Let any idiots do for them at dirt cheap... and BTW, the only owner that cheated FCC were Deaf, do we trust Deaf?

Since John Yeh is Deaf and did much damages, we need to prove that He is just like everybody else, hearing or not that DO cheat anyone. let alone Deaf have the right to object and get functionality equivalent,.

diehardbiker

What do you suggest the OP do to solve the problem of getting the needed information from these businesses NOW?

Less choices, less quality of service, and so on. You see, OP is very limited already, OP won't have to deal like this 5 years ago, but now OP is forced to figure out what works for them and so far none has work out for OP.

and I just found out, no it is not coming out from taxpayers money, it comes from ALL of telephone customers, they pay like 30 cents universal access funds that includes relay, 911, E911, etc. It was A LOT money, more than enough to cover whatever we need.

And the Fraud issues already gone down to bare minimum. Nobody wants to cheat anymore, it is very costly to cheat FCC. So Fraud is no longer an issue.

hence.... tax payers....

diehard
I will ask once again why do you continue posting things about the future when the OP needs to solve a problem TODAY?

THINK! 4 years reform plan. Trying to solve one and ignore the rest won't help at all.

For OP, keep contact both of known IP relay exists today, that is all OP can do and that is what is happening, OP is not alone in this situation, there are many others in same situation and my posts SPEAKS for ALL of those who are currently struggling getting IP relay account.

diehard
I will ask once again why do you continue posting things about the future when the OP needs to solve a problem TODAY?

Contact Convo and ask them is this really tax payers money? You will be surprised of their answer. I was somewhat shocked of his answer and I see what they mean.

that's of no concern to me. when a money comes out of customer's money to go to FCC... that's a tax... hence tax money.... and tax payer....

Just for OP only, have you got caught abused the relay service in the past? For example, you really can use traditional telephone and chat without any issue, but decided to use IP-relay from time to time making calls to your friends or loved ones that is considered long distance and you do this to save money and you get caught? If that is the case, your SOL They (FCC) won't forget you.

Please keep in mind, I am not accusing you at all, and am trying to figure out why you really really have hard time, and I also wondering how badly the new reform for IP relay has affected which I already noticed.

Lastly, having a relay service is really Deaf/HoH's CIVIL rights, not an entitlement. Having relay service is based on Civil rights of 1973 and ADA, some think that it comes from taxpayers, BUT in the reality and in the eyes of government, companies are required to provide access accommodation as part of ADA, and considered this as a civil rights. Perfect examples are, a Deaf person need to visit a doctor, and requires an interpreter. Who is liable to provide an interpreter and pay for it? You guessed it! Its Doctor, same way with Telephone companies, they must provide accommodation for everybody, but how is it possible for relay companies to collect funds from these telephone companies to provide functionality equivalent access for the Deaf and HoH? FCC plan apparently worked, what FCC has been doing is collect "Universal funds" from every telephone companies and pass down to Relay service and other services as well. Why FCC is doing this? It is to prevent telephone companies from cheating the system, like they did in the past (1930's and 1970's). These money never went to IRS so therefore are not from taxpayers money.

Back