Severe Bruises on the Soles (bottoms) of Feet

rockin'robin

Reaction score
Last week, my 13 yr. old came to me and said...."what is this?"....showed me the soles of his feet. At first, I thought that it was blood blisters. And then went on the internet to find out it was moreso bruises. And a lot of them!

He has big feet! 13 yrs. old, 5'6 and a 10 and a half shoe. Very lanky kid who loves skateboarding, and it was my concern that was the cause of these bruises.

I took him to the doctor. Even the doctor seemed a little "baffled", but said he wanted a blood test and pictures of his feet. He did say that skateboarders and runners seem to have this more often than others. His blood test came back normal, thank goodness.

And my son (with a little tear in his eyes) told the doctor, "She won't let me skateboard"....and the doctor told me to go ahead and let him skateboard!

He goes back to the doctor in a few weeks to see if the bruises are any better. The bruises aren't painful my son said. But it's a concern of mine since the feet are important to his health.

Anyone ever had this? Or heard of it?

Moreso bruises? Are you sure you spelled that right? Did he see a rheumatologist?

I get this from an inflammatory disease, but never heard it called "moreso."

She meant... she thought they were blood blisters, but they were bruises instead.

"moreso" is a common junction of "more" and "so." Kind of like "albeit" for "all be it."

Moreso bruises? Are you sure you spelled that right? Did he see a rheumatologist?

I get this from an inflammatory disease, but never heard it called "moreso."

What I meant was, that at first I thought it was blood blisters, but after going on the net, it looked "moreso" or more like severe bruises. (Sorry I didn't explain it more clearly).

He saw his family doctor. And when he goes back, if the doctor says he is to see a rheumatologist, then we will go to see one.

Can you give me some input about "inflammatory disease"? Would appreciate it so much. I've never seen or head anything like this before.

What I meant was, that at first I thought it was blood blisters, but after going on the net, it looked "moreso" or more like severe bruises. (Sorry I didn't explain it more clearly).

He saw his family doctor. And when he goes back, if the doctor says he is to see a rheumatologist, then we will go to see one.

Can you give me some input about "inflammatory disease"? Would appreciate it so much. I've never seen or head anything like this before.

Like lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.

What kind shoe he wear? skateboard shoe?

He need shoe that have soft inside. I used to get bruise all times with shoe that don't have soft it more like you stand on rock.

I would say it's typical harmless bruise(but I'm no doctor.... just using my logic). Skateboarders & runners land hard on street. Lot of impacts. Small blood vessels would burst (or not). Some people have tender tissue around their bones. Bruise happens.

Bott's right - your son should get cushioned sole to soften the impact when landing on street with skateboard.

He wears skateboarding shoes or Vans...won't wear any other kind....I do feel it's the hard impact on his feet when he does those "tricks" on our cement patio. But to be on the safe side, will take him back to the doctor to see if anything else needs to be checked.

Cushioned insoles sounds good! And I'll get them for him. He's out there again on that skateboard! I'm hoping he'll get bored with skateboarding and go for basketball next year. At 13, he's still got a lot of "growing" to do, and he's gonna be tall, long legs and arms.

Back