hearing aid size 13 battery 1.4 or 1.45 volts ?

highlands

Premium Member
Reaction score
I now have a pack of size 13 hearing aid batteries from Siemens. Normally size 13 batteries supplies 1.4 volts.. but this brand battery supplies 1.45 volts.. I wonder if 1.45 volts damages my hearing aid ? I wear two bernafon win 112 aids.

here is the pack
Siemens_size_13_orange_hearing_aid_Batteries.jpg

what about the 1.4 and 1.45 volt difference ?

thanks in advance.

Tiny difference. I don't think that is a problem.

Personally, I went from 1.40v to 1.45v on size 13's. If you know your battery drain, most likely not unless you have test equipment like a electrical tester - you can calculate how much battery life you get by the formula in mAh / mA. The milliamps-hour are usually written on the battery packing.

A minor observation I've noticed other than that it's snappier at getting power quicker on the 1.45v's than the 1.4's but this may vary depending on the schematics of your hearing aid.. If you are really concerned about damage or wondering the differences, you should probably talk to the engineer who designed the schematics for the HA, not the audiologist.

Oh i using size 13 batteries for apparatus of widex. These elements sizes to apply by models of apparatus.

I sent an e-mail to Bernafon Support about the voltage . I'm waiting for their reply. I am currently wearing one on my right ear aid , and no problems so far .

battery?? what is exactly battery size anytime, i think you have order on look store! have an store I have different my battery is 675!

battery?? what is exactly battery size anytime, i think you have order on look store! have an store I have different my battery is 675!

My battery is 675 too. I looked at the package and it says 1.4 .

Out of interest, how much do you guys pay for your batteries? (6 pack) I ask because here, we get them for free and I've no idea how much I'd be spending if it wasn't paid for by the government.

ExR - boots sells them, not sure how much it is now, about 5-8 years ago i bought a packet in a emergency, it was 1.60 per packet. Now days the CI centre supplies me with 1 box every month and an extra box per quarter so I am never out of batteries unlike the nhs who only gave me 2 packets for my HA (i use CI battery for my HA now), the CI centre will send me a box if I email them, saves driving, waiting as they only have allocated hours which is impossible since I work, and the stupid hospital parking fee.

ExR - boots sells them, not sure how much it is now, about 5-8 years ago i bought a packet in a emergency, it was 1.60 per packet. Now days the CI centre supplies me with 1 box every month and an extra box per quarter so I am never out of batteries unlike the nhs who only gave me 2 packets for my HA (i use CI battery for my HA now), the CI centre will send me a box if I email them, saves driving, waiting as they only have allocated hours which is impossible since I work, and the stupid hospital parking fee.

Most small hospitals in towns will provide hearing aids. I just go to the front reception and they keep them there. Parking is often free for small hospitals too.

Here at Walmart you can buy 8 batteries size 675 for $7.46. But you could order them on Ebay for $15.50 for 60 batteries.

I am lucky I don`t pay, government to pay for my health i have insurance health my battery! truth! government to my hearing aid :D battery

Most small hospitals in towns will provide hearing aids. I just go to the front reception and they keep them there. Parking is often free for small hospitals too.

I live in the city, no free parking, have to make an appt and visit hospital at certain times with a book (not possible for me as I would have to take half day holiday every few weeks just to collect batteries).

Very glad that I have a CI as they just give them out and I can use those batteries for my HA. Haven't been back to my HA Audi since i had new HA fitted in april and before that over 2 years.

Glad you could collect the batteries quite easily.

The minor voltage differences sometimes comes from the batteries being different kinds. There are NiMH, Zinc-Air, High Power zinc-Air, etc.. the list goes on and on, and they all have slightly different ratings. Some manufactures only print 1.4 too, when the voltage is actually 1.45 or whatever. I would not worry since its only five hundredths of a volt and the voltage regulator will make up for any voltage differences.

Back