More than One hundred tornadoes in USA

Bebonang

Reaction score
Severe storms are ripping through parts of the South, leaving at least 31 people dead and damaging an untold number of homes and businesses, authorities said.

At least 25 people have died across Alabama, Emergency Management Director Art Faulkner said.

Video showed a massive funnel cloud darkening the sky in Tuscaloosa. "It literally obliterated blocks and blocks of the city," Mayor Walter Maddox said.

Even as officials assess the damage, forecasters said more powerful storms are moving east and threatening parts of Georgia and eastern Tennessee

:shock: I had received a facebook from Steph9700 that she was in the tornado area and I am praying and hoping that she is going to be all right along with her husband. I am very trouble by this. She lives in Alabama. I will put the statement that she gave me. :(

Steph9700: It is hitting us bad, look up myfoxal.com and whnt channel 19 news for the state of Alabama, we may not have a home before storms are over.

I learned that she is okay now and she had just posted on facebook more than 22 minutes ago. So that is a relief. I just don't want any more wild wind like tornado. So feel free to discuss about tornadoes. I will keep an eye on her. She is a very good friend. :)

I hope everyone in the path is doing all right. We had the sirens go off earlier tonight, but it was just a very severe storm. Still lots of wind damage, though, but haven't heard about serious personal injuries.

I thought I was the number 200 dead on the news. So I think it is worse now.

A few touched down here last night (3 I think) we got softball sized hail too. I saw some reports of the Tuscaloosa tornado being a mile wide :shock:

There are 13 confirmed dead here in Arkansas alone from the same storm system that ripped Alabama apart. SAR has found more victims. As of tomorrow - all people entering the city will have to be issued a badge if they are a resident or are working with SAR as people are 'sightseeing' and it congested traffic very badly. Knowing the size of Vilonia first-hand they don't have roads large enough to take very much traffic. The main intersection of town had only 3 lanes.

Steph9700 is still going strong and posting away in facebook about asking for anyone to help getting some supplies for the people in Alabama, near and far. I think. I am very happy that she is okay and alive. :thumb:

As far as AD members living in the Southeast of United States, I hope they survived the terrible tornadoes or storms like big hailstone and strong winds. :fingersx:

Over here, the weather is nice for almost three days. Sunday (May 1) will probably start raining. I don't know about winds. Just hope it is not a bad storm. **sigh**

Steph9700 is still going strong and posting away in facebook about asking for anyone to help getting some supplies for the people in Alabama, near and far. I think. I am very happy that she is okay and alive. :thumb:

As far as AD members living in the Southeast of United States, I hope they survived the terrible tornadoes or storms like big hailstone and strong winds. :fingersx:

Over here, the weather is nice for almost three days. Sunday (May 1) will probably start raining. I don't know about winds. Just hope it is not a bad storm. **sigh**

Can you ask Steph9700 where and how we can send aide?:hmm:

She did not mention where but I do know they have Red Cross to help people in need of supplies and shelter there. You can ask the Red Cross in your area about it. Okay? You live in Florida and I live here in Canada so maybe you can try this place. Good luck. Thank you for trying to help if you want to help, if not then that is okay as it is your decision. :thumb:

of course I want to help....I can't send much, maybe $20 or $50, but if everyone sent just a little it would add up too alot:P Thanks for the suggestion about contacting the Red Cross here...I will do that:ty:

Back