living a christian life in Deaf world

precious01

Reaction score
I believe that deaf people can be christians and despite of their handicap situations. I also feel that there should be more deaf programs and deaf churches around the world just like there are so many hearing ministries such as deaf ushers, ministers, armor bearer, other clergy affect. some say that being special needs and deaf we can't serve the Lord or be christians but I say deaf people can just be heard as well and live a christian life like others.

What do you think?

Of course deaf people can be Christians and serve in their churches. Many of them are Christians and do serve in ministries. There are deaf churches also.

I believe that deaf people can be christians and despite of their handicap situations. I also feel that there should be more deaf programs and deaf churches around the world just like there are so many hearing ministries such as deaf ushers, ministers, armor bearer, other clergy affect. some say that being special needs and deaf we can't serve the Lord or be christians but I say deaf people can just be heard as well and live a christian life like others.

What do you think?

Why yes. How good of you to bring it up. Although severely handicapped, I feel I can do just as much as anyone to serve God.

I also make an effort to live an exemplary life, aside from my penchant for swimming and touring cruise ships. :wave:

What do you think?

What made you (or anyone else) think otherwise?

Deaf Mother in Christian warfare

I am a mother of a hearing child. I am in the ministry many at one time told me that being deaf was an embarresedment to society that is why so many family members leave their love ones home the fear of judgement and ridicule. I had to come to learn that there is light at the end of a tunnel. at my church which is a mega ministries and serves over 6,000 people every service, we have a deaf ministry of our own which has a deaf pastor, armor bearer, missionairies, and a deaf gospel choir and praise team.
people say we can't make it but I can serve the lord regardless of what stage I am in cause he made me and he knew all about my condition before I knew

what do you mean, I am mean, I am deaf like you but have a hearing child I am simply saying that growing up I was told that the reason that in the south there weren't alot of deaf people or handicap people in the church because families were embarressed of them and the fear to be teased of their children's condition. I live in boston, but was born and raised in the south and I neve came in contact with the deaf world until i moved to boston. i had to learn everything on my own and I at one time had the fear of rejection but I have learn early on that life was more greater than that so I praise deaf people for their braveness and myself a deaf mother I let nothing get me down and yes I serve in the ministry in the deaf ministry.

what do you mean, I am mean, I am deaf like you but have a hearing child I am simply saying that growing up I was told that the reason that in the south there weren't alot of deaf people or handicap people in the church because families were embarressed of them and the fear to be teased of their children's condition. I live in boston, but was born and raised in the south and I neve came in contact with the deaf world until i moved to boston. i had to learn everything on my own and I at one time had the fear of rejection but I have learn early on that life was more greater than that so I praise deaf people for their braveness and myself a deaf mother I let nothing get me down and yes I serve in the ministry in the deaf ministry.

:laugh2: Now I am laughing, as you failed to notice I was addressing my friend Jiro and not you.

That is what it means when you quote someone. :lol:

Jiro Bott.. I <3 you both

New person ( precious01)...welcome to alldeaf!

What do you think?
The bolded area...not really a good way to say it. Most of the people here have never felt handicapped by deafness. Look at it from a Christian viewpoint: It is God's Will that they hear things differently. I never felt handicapped. In fact, I find it a great tool for sleeping when I cannot hear the noise around me. The things that deaf might struggle with are occupations like piano tuner.

Anyhow, you will learn the phrases that are frowned upon if you stick around. Good luck and welcome to the site.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I don't know why you want to spend your life with God constantly. It is okay to be with God some of the times. Beside, many hearing people look down and not understand that God want us to get along with many of us who are deaf, blind, handicapped (wheelchairs or Crutches), Down Syndrome, CP and etc. Hearing people still look away from God and want to "fix" with their "wonderful miracle cure" to many of us. We have tried many times to tell hearing people not to fix us and just want to be "just us only as we are". We have struggled trying to get the hang of being in the mainstreamed schools. Hearing people want us to be in the hearing world without ASL, not even be in the Deaf communities, hoping that we can hear and listen what they said. They just want us to be in their way, not our way. So that is why we rant a lot here in the forum.

Here in the forum, please try to refrain from talking about religion or God, please. Thank you. Just have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

I was told by a few devout Christians that they would pray for me to get "cured" as a child. It turned me off because it made me feel awful about who I was.

Yes, there are many deaf Christians and they deserved to be treated with respect by the Christian community. No preacher should EVER tell them they God is punishing them for their deafness. That is the one part of religion that I have always hated. Judgement of others for something that isnt their fault.

Back