Ice Road trucker

Calvin

In Hazzard County
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
[yt]3CwD7Uo_4vs[/yt]

A trailer of the Ice Road Trucker show in History channel. I watch them Sundays and they're interesting and how they survive the ordeal to get the equipment up north. With Global Warming affecting the ice and life up there they probably wont be around much longer due to ice thinning out.

Does anyone watch this show?

Homepage Link:

Ice Road Truckers and

History Channel Website

Last edited:
:shock: That is far out. It is very risky and dangerous job... Someone got to do it.

that show is old news. After watching about 8 episodes... it got boring. The trailer is more exciting than the episodes. Keep watching it 10x. That's pretty much all you need.

Yes, I enjoyed watching several episodes last year. It's too stressful for me to watch every week. :)

I've seen this show and it's risky. I don't mind take that job tho as long as I have spiked shoes in case if truck breaks through ice and jump and run like a hell. Weather is one thing that I don't deal with it well, -80 at night, -30 to -40 at day. Fat paychecks for riskiest jobs. I know 1 ft thick ice can handle plenty of tons rolling on it. I've driven 1972 VW bug on frozen lake that is 4 inches thick ice. It looked more beautiful when I parked in the middle of the lake. :rofl:

Catty
Catty

Yup very risky job and if driver screw up, ditching truck, or sinks into water, they don't survive the cold very long if they don't wear warm clothes that keep insulated enough.

Yes it's good money, but very risky. So now the ice is thinning out and water came to surface, not good they're in hurry to move equipment out of there.

I watched that last year while i vacationed in florida right b4 dinner..lol while my fam was back here (ottawa, on canada) getting dumped on my mounds of snow hahaha

ice road truckers rocks!! i would love to be able to drive trucks. Dont you think we have a advantage over the hearies since the cracking noise of ice is neglible ? smile !!

I would love to watch it!!

It's very interesting to watch them taking risk.

Catty

My dad got alot of stories about ice trucking when he was living in far north of Ontario. The only way to get there by land is during the winter, so they run a trucking line 24/7 to haul anything. Of what I was told, the drivers always keep their left hand on the door handle at all time! The drivers have to stay so many miles apart at all time at any distance. The people in the villages on the other side buy whatever they need year around and during the summer it is pile up on the bank of the lake with tarps and when winter come around, they haul it all to the villages. It can be anything from Cars to lumbers to boilers to anything u can think of. I dont need to watch the show since I know how they do it.

I love watching that show. These guys driving heavy trucks over thin sheet of ice takes a lot of balls to do this.

I just caught an old epsiode of IRT S-2 last Saturday and one poor guy quit cuz his truck keeps breaking down on him...ouch!

I remember that esp, it was that brownish goldish truck which keeps breaking down all the time, and his boss isn't happy nonetheless.

I saw one while eating dinner. Rick got "skidded" :lol:

This new season, Hugh and Alex came back while others appears to be rookie. One of the rookie is a female trucker. Yes, you read me right FEMALE and she is a tomboy as well as daredevil. So we'll see how she do as a ice road. From what I see Alaska road is MORE dangerous than Canada ice road.

You can check out the truckers here. ;)

This new season, Hugh and Alex came back while others appears to be rookie. One of the rookie is a female trucker. Yes, you read me right FEMALE and she is a tomboy. So we'll see how she do as a ice road. From what I see Alaska road is MORE dangerous than Canada ice road.

You can check out the truckers here. ;)

irt-lisa_007.jpg
irt-lisa_005.jpg

I saw one while eating dinner. Rick got "skidded" :lol:

Yep he got canned, he broke his trucks and he couldn't take the heat from his boss.. :lol:

Back