Ice Road trucker

:hitit:

Hot!

finally had a chance to see her in action. 2 words - yeeeeeee hawwwwwwww! <pull truck horn>

finally had a chance to see her in action. 2 words - yeeeeeee hawwwwwwww! <pull truck horn>

Yeah, she did good job on her 1st run so far. A dangerous roller coaster hill and on the ice.

On the other note, Hugh and Alex passed their test and is on the team.

I love that show! It was hilarious when they decided to throw in the chick for sex appeal, but she does good! I'd have to say its the only show where I cringe when they are driving.

My dad got alot of stories about ice trucking when he was living in far north of Ontario. The only way to get there by land is during the winter, so they run a trucking line 24/7 to haul anything. Of what I was told, the drivers always keep their left hand on the door handle at all time! The drivers have to stay so many miles apart at all time at any distance. The people in the villages on the other side buy whatever they need year around and during the summer it is pile up on the bank of the lake with tarps and when winter come around, they haul it all to the villages. It can be anything from Cars to lumbers to boilers to anything u can think of. I dont need to watch the show since I know how they do it.

The reason why Ice Road truckers had to go on the ice is because there is no roads to get there. That is why you will find sea planes flying to remote places because there is no road to get to the destination. And the truckers had no choice but to drive through to the destination on ice. Yes, it is very risky and very dangerous. When the weather get warmed, then they have to wait the followering year to drive on the ice to get the supplies there.

I also noticed that few of the Ice Road truckers get crummpy or crappy when they are not happy because of the cold freezing weather. They complained like a whiners, even when they have problems with their trucks and paychecks. :lol:

I thought this show would be boring as hell, but once I watched 1 episode I was hooked. June 6th you say... Gotta fix up the DVR

Driving on ice is a hairy experience. I have been driving trucks for over 12 years...One time I was coming around a bend in Idaho, by lake Cour' da lane, and it felt funny, I looked in my mirror and my trailer was in the fast lane and my tractor was in the slow lane!! When something like that happens the worst thing you can do is step on the brakes! Out of pure instinct I stepped on the gas and changed lanes in the the hammer lane...(got under my trailer!!!) It was great reflexes since I did not know I was on ice!! It was a patch of "black ice" caused by cold temp..and the humidity from the lake.

Driving on ice is a hairy experience. I have been driving trucks for over 12 years...One time I was coming around a bend in Idaho, by lake Cour' da lane, and it felt funny, I looked in my mirror and my trailer was in the fast lane and my tractor was in the slow lane!! When something like that happens the worst thing you can do is step on the brakes! Out of pure instinct I stepped on the gas and changed lanes in the the hammer lane...(got under my trailer!!!) It was great reflexes since I did not know I was on ice!! It was a patch of "black ice" caused by cold temp..and the humidity from the lake.
Yeah, my brother would tell me about driving for Swift hauling doubles. Hit the brakes and it takes a second or so for anything to happen. He got out of that business a while ago.

Back