living a christian life in Deaf world

Deaf Christians

I am a mother of a hearing child. I am in the ministry many at one time told me that being deaf was an embarresedment to society that is why so many family members leave their love ones home the fear of judgement and ridicule. I had to come to learn that there is light at the end of a tunnel. at my church which is a mega ministries and serves over 6,000 people every service, we have a deaf ministry of our own which has a deaf pastor, armor bearer, missionairies, and a deaf gospel choir and praise team.
people say we can't make it but I can serve the lord regardless of what stage I am in cause he made me and he knew all about my condition before I knew

My friend, who ever it was that told you being deaf was an embarrassment
was not acting as a christian themselves. I am profoundly deaf, I participate in my church activities..and even sing(loudly, laughing) in the choir. Our Pastor has at least 2 services each week for the deaf and every service has an interpreter in case a deaf person came into a service that was not designated to be for the deaf....You can have a personal relationship with your Creator in so many way , every day, every place you go if you chose to do so. You are never anything but a precious, perfect child to your Creator.
Hold that in your heart and go out into the world, that is your path. How others recieve you is their path. smile...Peace to you always..Midnight♥♥♥

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I don't know why you want to spend your life with God constantly. It is okay to be with God some of the times.
People want to spend time with those they love. That includes God. :)

Beside, many hearing people look down and not understand that God want us to get along with many of us who are deaf, blind, handicapped (wheelchairs or Crutches), Down Syndrome, CP and etc. Hearing people still look away from God and want to "fix" with their "wonderful miracle cure" to many of us. We have tried many times to tell hearing people not to fix us and just want to be "just us only as we are".
Not all hearing people are that way, and not all churches are that way.

hi everyone, I am glad that many of you respned to the post this is just a question that many believers and non believes want to know and yes some hearing people want to change us and try to say they have cure bur there is no magic cure. since this post I am in a large ministry wich serves over 6,000 members and four services every sunday and one service for the deaf ministry. I am a teen leader, works in the children's church, and also on the mega choir and a ree lance writer for the deaf spirit and truth. i have enjoyed many of the topics here in the all deaf chat and responded when I can so to many of you hold on and keep your head up simply because we are all God's angels

Precious01, the first thing is we are not allowed to talk about religion unless the moderators do not mind having us talking about religions on the forum. We have different faiths. We might get banned or locked the thread (the moderators make the decision when to stop and locked the thread or ban someone) if we get heated discussion or debates. Everyone of us are different in our ways of different religions.

So try to refrain talking about religion. This is a discussion board talking about deafness, Deaf Culture, and other issues on the forum. Hearing people are included to ask questions, and discussed what they feel and to learn about deafness.

We, Deaf and HOH people, are trying to educate them about us going through the deaf experience like mainstream schools and Deaf schools. It is really not about religions at all. So please just refrain so that you can discuss about deafness and the deaf perspective. I hope I make myself clear on this. :)

My friend, who ever it was that told you being deaf was an embarrassment
was not acting as a christian themselves. I am profoundly deaf, I participate in my church activities..and even sing(loudly, laughing) in the choir. Our Pastor has at least 2 services each week for the deaf and every service has an interpreter in case a deaf person came into a service that was not designated to be for the deaf....You can have a personal relationship with your Creator in so many way , every day, every place you go if you chose to do so. You are never anything but a precious, perfect child to your Creator.
Hold that in your heart and go out into the world, that is your path. How others recieve you is their path. smile...Peace to you always..Midnight♥♥♥

Beautiful, well said Midnight:ty:

I was told by a few devout Christians that they would pray for me to get "cured" as a child. It turned me off because it made me feel awful about who I was.

Yes, there are many deaf Christians and they deserved to be treated with respect by the Christian community. No preacher should EVER tell them they God is punishing them for their deafness. That is the one part of religion that I have always hated. Judgement of others for something that isnt their fault.

I agree with you 100% Shel. May I say this though, that many good and well-intentioned hearing people, be they Christian or not, are just plain ignorant.

I have enjoyed this blog more than any other. I am new to this website and I am happy to know the rules about the posts regarding religion. I have friends who are deaf, and one of my hearing friend's daughter is HOH, will be deaf soon. I am trying to learn more about the deaf community. I do not want to be ignorant of deaf culture. However, I am glad to see people sharing their feelings about this topic, as it is an important one. I did want to add: God loves all people regardless of skin color, ethnicity, deaf or hearing....he wants ALL to draw close to him.

Back