How Is Everyone Doing in This Tough Economy?

my work cut my hours so I only work a day total of 4 hours... blah but at least I get more free time to enjoy til ecomony is better or look for other jobs.. good riddance to cvs.. :roll: just remmeber i used to work for longs drugstore til tom ryan brought out all longs drugstores on west coast.. so blah that's how I feel right now :)

Im sorry you're going thru very hard times right now. I lost my job at Longaberger. In 2000, the company employed 8000 workers. Today, only 800 workers. I was employed there for six 1/2 yrs.

Dont worry, I truly hate republicans. I voted for Hillary Clinton first time and I'll vote for Barack again. F*ck republicans to hell.

Thanks, DeafTim. I spoke one of my attorneys about my pension plans. He advised me not to. I am sorry you went thru. I hope you get the job soon. I pray for you.

I don't care for the republicans, either. I have a few State Representatives who are Democrats, whom I have met. Some are on my FB, but they are blocking my friends, only my family.

I am sorry to hear about the lost of your step mother. You can't win today you either too old or too young! I called my Rep in Boston when we where getting the check from Obama stimulus packet and asked how will the homeless people get the $250 check and the women said the checks would be mailed to them! I said" they had no mailing addressing" and she said ." On ,yeah that right!"Our Rep. do not get it and she was a Democrat! The woman had no idea how to get the checks to people that really needed it!

John Tiernery had a town meeting over the phone so people could ask questions about the new health bill. I called John Tiernery's office and asked if the phones lines where set up so deaf and HOH people could call in too to asked questions. John Tiernery did not made his phone town meeting assessable to deaf and HOH people. when my turn to speak I was asked what my question was and I said " I wanted to know why John Tiernery is having a meeting about the health bill and not allowing deaf and HOH to use TTY?" I was not allowed to ask my question! John Tiernery is a Democrat. Both parties stink!

Thanks, Whatdidyousay. I already sent the family some flowers along with a sympathy card. Sigh...

I know Congressman John Tierney very well. I have met him many times when I am in town. He's nice and so does his wife. Whatdidyousay, I just PM'ed you. Please check your message.

I am doing all right. I am working at Walmart and living with my parents. I did work as a teacher from 2007-2009 but I was laid off. I was lucky I still had my Walmart job that I started in 2006. Working two jobs was tough, but it helped a lot (not to mention it was really nice having two insurance plans!)

I am going back to school for a degree in medical laboratory science. This career will provide many more opportunities than teaching would. Plus, I can work with deaf patients and I am sure deaf people like having direct communication with medical personnel, right? :)

:ty:

I so over it,today. The company let me keep my very first basket I made. I was so proud of myself. :) I'd love to go back but I dont know if that is possible. :(
That's cool that you kept your first basket.

I hope a job is available for you soon.

Yeah its scary. Supposedly a lot of the jobs being generated are low paying retail jobs

Yeah its scary. Supposedly a lot of the jobs being generated are low paying retail jobs

Maybe so, but it's better than nothing. Large retail chains do have benefits that will kick in after X months, so that's something else.

That's cool that you kept your first basket.

I hope a job is available for you soon.

Thanks, Reba.

I dont think Longaberger will ever recover like having 8,000 employees. It would be great,tho.

1.) I attended my step-mother's funeral yesterday. She passed away recently. (She was diagnosed with lung cancer.) She was an amazing woman, whom I will never forget. I miss her. :(
2.) I am soooo upset to learn one of my co-workers to tell me that we all are getting laid off from work soon. Bad timing because of my step-mother's loss and also, because I won't able to find a decent job because of my deafness and plus, my age because of the economy. I am so angry because it's my second time about me getting laid off and also, because I am not ready to receive my pension as my company suggested, because I am too young to retire. GRRRRRRRR...
3.) I will attend the meeting at the State house in Boston. I hope that Congress will do things to allow people to continue to receive SSDI/SSI benefits in the future. I am not qualified because I have so much money, but I am doing this, to help deaf and HOH people to continue to receive SSI/SSDI benefits. Vote Democrat! Republicans will try to kill it.
Doug5, my young brother had his hip replacement two years and half, due to very bad arthritis. He is doing OK for now, but he is expected to have another hip replacement in the near future. Glad you were able to get the hip replacement, and that you are able to walk around. I wish you the absolute best of luck in your job search!

thinking of you. Hope we get to stay in touch. You're one of my fav AD peeps. Take care.

It's a dog eat dog world out there. I've been holding up pretty well but there has been times that I've had to scrape by.

Doug - I hope you're doing well with that hip replacement. It's tough.

Sosie - Aww, That stinks. I'll be thinking of you and hope you're well too.

After I was laid off at PJP in 2009, I had to work three jobs to stay afloat until I was able to get a job at Tyson. It was rough, but I managed to keep my head above water during that time as well as go to school part time.

Well at this time, I'm working at a crappy job. Does that count?

I would become a criminal before working retail

As much as I hate retail, you have to admit it's better than nothing for a lot of people who have no other means of income.

I know, Im just pissed about all the out sourcing. I despise China. People forget its a communist country that shits on its citizens. They have no human rights over there

The only way to end outsourcing is to give major companies tax breaks as incentive for bringing factories back her to America and keep them here.

The reason outsourcing occurs is because the labor is cheaper overseas and often unregulated. Companies also don't have to pay taxes on money earned OUTSIDE of the US and it's territories. So they make a $145 pair of shoes in china for about $45 worth of raw materials and labor and the company pockets $100 from the shoes - tax free.

Back