Deaf family

VOTEEEEEq

• Yes I have deaf relatives.

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • No I don't have deaf relaves.

Votes: 38 64.4%

• Total voters
Also I forgot to mention something about my cousin that I talked about a few minutes ago.

He had to go to court for a fight in bar and his sister acted as her interpreter. The judge asked him what caused him to start a fight with three guys and he told him that they bullied him due to his deafness. My cousin got several witnesses to support him as these guys did not have any witnesses. He beat them easily and one of the guys got broken jaw. The judge got more curious about how my cousin beat them after reading the police report, so he asked him where he learned how to fight. My cousin replied that his priest taught him how to box and wrestle for many years.

twin brother. wow i have no idea! whos more deaf you or your brother?

Yep, just do some snooping through my FB photos and you can see for yourself. ;)

We have the same amount of loss, but he does not sign and doesn't know any other deaf/hoh people. So I guess you could say I'm more deaf. :)

Yep, just do some snooping through my FB photos and you can see for yourself. ;)

We have the same amount of loss, but he does not sign and doesn't know any other deaf/hoh people. So I guess you could say I'm more deaf. :)

LOL i will!! hopefully tonight .. that is so interesting! LOL you are right that you are more deaf.

no FF im currently taking online courses and plan on transferring to another college in my state. oh i also forgot to add that my dad is HOH (can't hear much in one ear)... he began to lose his hearing when he was 4 but he didn't learn ASL until he had me

wow i didnt realize that lots of you guys who have deaf relatives.

most of you who prefers oral.

I know some of you who have deaf relatives and use ASL but few.

no FF im currently taking online courses and plan on transferring to another college in my state. oh i also forgot to add that my dad is HOH (can't hear much in one ear)... he began to lose his hearing when he was 4 but he didn't learn ASL until he had me

Oh wow. That s nice of him to learn ASL.

wow i didnt realize that lots of you guys who have deaf relatives.

most of you who prefers oral.

I know some of you who have deaf relatives and use ASL but few.

I wonder how many were born deaf or became deaf as adults?

Interesting. lots of random in deaf family who choose oral or asl based on their past experiences.

I don't have any deaf relatives that I know of (although my Dad is HoH - has been for as long as I can remember - and wears a hearing aid). However, we consider my friend and her husband (both deaf) as family and vice versa.

Mum's second cousin is deaf and uses Auslan. I have met him only once. He became deaf due to meningitis.

My uncle wears HAs now. Mum has mild hearing loss. But their loss is age related

Well, I'm adopted so I don't know in my biological family. In my Adoptive Family, Nope, I'm only one that is deaf in the family.

However on my Fiancee's family, His whole family is deaf. His parents, his brother and sister, his niece, his uncles and aunts and grandparents!

There's even a chance that we may have deaf children since deaf genes run in his family. :)

I can not vote as I don't know if there were other deaf relatives in my family. My mother had lost her hearing as age related, I think. She refused to wear hearing aid(s). I tried to coax her into wearing a hearing aid. My sister does the same with her. She was sooo stubborn. With her hearing loss, she also had Alzheimer's Disease which was making her life difficult to cope with. She passed away in 2006. Rest in Peace, Mom.

Other than my mother, I don't know if one of my relatives is or was deaf. I never met them all together, except few of them (all hearing). :hmm:

I can not vote as I don't know if there were other deaf relatives in my family. My mother had lost her hearing as age related, I think. She refused to wear hearing aid(s). I tried to coax her into wearing a hearing aid. My sister does the same with her. She was sooo stubborn. With her hearing loss, she also had Alzheimer's Disease which was making her life difficult to cope with. She passed away in 2006. Rest in Peace, Mom.

Other than my mother, I don't know if one of my relatives is or was deaf. I never met them all together, except few of them (all hearing). :hmm:

Thats fine. I voted that i have no deaf family. my dad just had hearing loss couple of years ago but it isnt related with deaf issue. I believe it is his aging that has hearing loss. i always think aging and gene arent related if i m not mistake. :hmm:

Back